*** STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Spoiler Discussion/Reactions ***

366,512 Views | 2952 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Philip J Fry
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Obi-Wan is the most pivotal Jedi in the saga, IMO.

Agreed. I'm still holding out hope for one of the anthology films to be about him with Ewan McGregor coming back
Hopefully they do one with him in the Anthology films. I'm pretty sure that he has said he would be interested in coming back for a story between 3 and 4. Personally I think there is some potential for a one off story, probably involving the Hutts.
Rogue One is set between 3 and 4. Not sure how they could tie in Tatooine though. (Seeing as how Obi Wan is exiled there)
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Rogue One is set between 3 and 4. Not sure how they could tie in Tatooine though. (Seeing as how Obi Wan is exiled there)
I'm not sure what you point is here. Rebels is set between 3 and 4 (actually just a few years prior to 4). I don't see a reason why there can't be more stories that cover that time period.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:
Did 3po's voice seem a little off?
Yea I thought so too. Different voice actor?

Same

This may be kind of controversial, but I don't know why they had C3PO in this movie. His lines were all kind of Hokey, and nothing would have changed at all if you removed him. I think they just included him to include him.
EMY92
AG
quote:
Something a friend mentioned related to Han's death that bothered me as well.

When the Falcon got back after he'd been killed, Chewie walked right past Leia. You would think that they would share a moment there.
Wookie before nookie man, Wookie before nookie.
MBAR
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Same

This may be kind of controversial, but I don't know why they had C3PO in this movie. His lines were all kind of Hokey, and nothing would have changed at all if you removed him. I think they just included him to include him.

C3P0 has ALWAYS been Hokey. Thats the point. Also not including him would have been wrong as he's been in EVERY movie.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Did TCTTS ever post his review of the film?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Same

C3P0 has ALWAYS been Hokey. Thats the point. Also not including him would have been wrong as he's been in EVERY movie.

Yeah, but I think with BB-8, you had all the comic relief you needed. It just felt like they had to include him, so they just had him point out the obvious any time he spoke in this movie. He just didn't do anything as a character for me to be glad he was in the movie.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Same

Yeah, but I think with BB-8, you had all the comic relief you needed. It just felt like they had to include him, so they just had him point out the obvious any time he spoke in this movie. He just didn't do anything as a character for me to be glad he was in the movie.
when did he ever?

all he ever did was point out the obvious or the dire circumstances...make bad puns...otherwise he only served to translate and play off of R2D2. and with R2 dormant in this one he just needed a brief (annoying) cameo.
Jim01
AG
I think he did on the other thread but then staff delete them, the thread got locked, drama ensued. He said he would move his thoughts here but also said he was about to get on a flight, if I recall, so hasn't posted.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm not sure what you point is here. Rebels is set between 3 and 4 (actually just a few years prior to 4). I don't see a reason why there can't be more stories that cover that time period.

Did you not read the posts mine was in response to? I was talking about Ewon McGregor being cast in an anthology movie that takes place between 3 and 4. (The time in which Obi Wan is exiled on Tatooine) That was my point.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:

19 years between 3 and 4. Plenty of time for a Kenobi solo movie
M.C. Swag
AG
I was just under the impression that Obi Wan was playing the role of a hermit on Tatooine the whole time is all
zgood10
AG
AWESOME MOVIE
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
In A New Hope he translated for Luke and R2. And in ROJ he saved them from the Ewoks, as ridiculous as it was.

I'm just saying, with BB-8 being the comic relief guy, his lines just seemed kind of unnecessary. I understand why he was in the movie, but I feel like they could have taken him out and it wouldn't have made a difference.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
AWESOME MOVIE

Yes it was!!
Saul Goodman
AG
Loved it. Couldn't be more pleased with the new characters. Acting was fantastic.
TelcoAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Same

And that craziness just keeps going. That's your answer.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Merchandising, Merchandising, Merchandising
benMath08
AG
There are way more people who would complain about C-3PO not being in the movie at all than are complaining about the screen time he did get. I think they did a good job with him.

BB-8 is perfect though, because he combines the comic relief of 3PO, the utility of R2-D2, and the mobility of a human character. The couldn't have designed him (her?) any better.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Is a bb8 / WALL-E crossover film in the future?
oragator
I had the weirdest sense that I saw this movie in 1977 ...
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Did TCTTS ever post his review of the film?
It's coming tomorrow. Probably later in the day. Have been doing Christmas early with one side of the family and I haven't had a free minute since I got home. Will be in the car for five straight hours tomorrow, and will knock it out then.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Moichandizing
Aggie94
AG
One of my biggest complaints comes at the end of the movie: there's no way Chewie just walks past Leia upon returning after Han dies. No way. That was a mistake.

A few other quibbles with it, but definitely exceeded my expectations.
PatAg
AG
quote:
In A New Hope he translated for Luke and R2. And in ROJ he saved them from the Ewoks, as ridiculous as it was.

I'm just saying, with BB-8 being the comic relief guy, his lines just seemed kind of unnecessary. I understand why he was in the movie, but I feel like they could have taken him out and it wouldn't have made a difference.
except he would have to be with leia..it would make no sense for him to not be
HowdyOutbound
Just saw the movie, and thought it was awesome.

So Andy Serkis is playing golem in this movie too?
Coppell97
AG
Saw it today. Abrams pulled if off! Awesome film. Loved how the old and new were blended together. The new characters are all great. Rey (Daisy) will become a mega-star from this. This film, unlike the prequels, felt like a legit Star Wars movie and brought back the feeling I had as a kid when the crawl was going and how it jumped into it, and never stopped.
AR_Ag95
AG
quote:
Anyone get a Kaylee vibe when she was fixing the falcon and said I'm pointing right at it"

Totally thought that and Joss thinking - you're welcome.
M.C. Swag
AG
It wasn't a perfect movie. But it was a perfect Star Wars movie.

I loved it.
AliasMan02
AG
Not worth a new thread, but how about we all go on the record as to Rey's lightsaber color.

I'm going with yellow. The new expanded canon materials have made special effort (imo) to establish yellow as a viable option for Jedi.

Like most others, I expect her to use a double blade
Cole97
AG
quote:
Just got back from a 2nd viewing and here are my thoughts:

It was Luke talking to her in the scene where she touches the light saber and I"m not of the opinion that he guided her through the first movie. After he says her name, you here these are your first steps.

According to IMDB, James Arnold Taylor (voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: The Clone Wars) confirmed on his Twitter that he recorded Obi-Wan saying "Rey" in her Force vision, but they later replaced it with the voice of Ewan McGregor.

D
wanewman
TelcoAg
AG
I want to see her get a pike instead of a double-blade. I'm going to guess yellow or purple. Buck the trend.
AgLaw
AG
quote:
Not worth a new thread, but how about we all go on the record as to Rey's lightsaber color.

Pink. For midichlorian cancer awareness.
TelcoAg
AG
Daisy Ridley loving that green tho

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.