*** STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Spoiler Discussion/Reactions ***

366,375 Views | 2952 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Philip J Fry
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To be fair though, The Emperor/Palpatine was only mentioned when discussing the Senate in ANH and didn't appear until via hologram in ESB. Who the Emperor was, wasn't at all explained until the PT. Vader was really the only one that needed to be explained in the OT due to his relation to Luke and Leia, and that was explained over the course of the trilogy itself.

What I'm interested in finding out though, is why there was a black X-Wing in some of the set photos we saw but in all the footage we have seen in trailers we only see the typical grey/white coloration.

SPOILERS BELOW, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

I have read that we get a decent amount of information on Kylo though. Unfortunately, that information comes at a significant cost.
AgMarauder04
AG
We probably learn he's the kid of one of the original 3.

It's probably Han and Leia

Cost means one dies

It's probably Han.

RIP, you scruffy-looking Nerf Herder
jabberwalkie09
AG
I was debating on whether or not I should look at spoilers for the film this close since they would be mostly confirmed when people start posting their reactions to aspects of the film. From what I have read so far, I don't think what I know will change my movie going experience.

The spoiler pictures that were on reddit this morning pretty much showed me what I already suspected honestly.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Found the second track of the TFA soundtrack on Youtube.

LINKY

I think Williams hit this one out of the park. It feels as if there is an innocence and curiosity to the piece.
The Collective
AG
That youtube user also has two other tracks. One is the opening track, which we heard a bit of on the 60 mins piece. It is very solid.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yeah, but I think the video that particular channel has of the first track (main theme and subsequent connected piece) is sped up IIRC. The "I Can Fly Anything" is good as well, but I think I will gain a better appreciation of it in the film itself.

Edit: perhaps it isn't sped up.
The Collective
AG
I listened to all on my cheap $10 headphones at the office, so I know that I will gain a greater appreciation for each track tomorrow night.
jabberwalkie09
AG
What I meant was tonally. It isn't that hard to relate "The Scavenger" to Rey and understand where the piece is coming from.
The Collective
AG
Gotcha and agree.
Mr. Nobody
so can we discuss the actual details and ramifications of the movie's reveal? or is that even TOO spoiler for a spoiler thread?
Mr. Nobody
After seening a spoiler review...I think I'm going to be happy.

Sounds like it's what Episode 1 should have been, but still leaves you wanting like that movie did.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I know what you're talking about, and while I wouldn't say it's off limits to post/talk about given that this is a spoiler thread, I personally don't want to be the cause of someone accidentally clicking the wrong threat and getting their panties all twisted and whining about how the movie was spoiled for them.
The Collective
AG
I would put *SPOILER* before tomorrow night. After tomorrow, this thread is open season.
TCTTS
AG
The tables have officially turned. There are things about this movie that you guys now know that I do not. And that's a weird feeling. I'm out until tomorrow night regardless, but just in case people accidentally click in this thread, I would wait to discuss this giant spoiler - whatever it may be - at least until tomorrow night. That said, again, this is the last time I click in this thread until then, so do what you want. See you guys tomorrow!
Mr. Nobody
They have not taken a dump on Luke yet...so that's nice to know...
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
They have not taken a dump on Luke yet...so that's nice to know...
I doubt that they will, and if they do in any way diminish Luke in any capacity the backlash from the fans would likely be severe. I do expect his role to change a little bit as the torch is passed to the next generation of heroes though.
Mr. Nobody
Though it will probably be a good movie, it diminishes everything ROTJ built IMO.

Their victory ultimately wasn't all that more significant than ANH.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, to be honest I had that impression when we first saw Stormtroopers in the trailers, but then Lucas had to go ahead and show the galaxy celebrating in response to the Rebellion's victory at the Battle of Endor with the Special Editions which just pretty much ****s everything up. However, based on my understanding it does appear as though the Republic does have some of the galaxy back. TBH, I never expected the fighting to stop just because the Emperor was killed in ROTJ. The Moffs were still around and governing their territories IIRC.
tamuagk
AG
Just got out of the movie in Brazil. Really really good. Abrams did an amazing job and set the next two up for success.

SPOILERS BELOW

Still no idea who Ray is but some good guesses after the movie.

How the first republic was started and how the dark side was reignited/relaunch remains unanswered.

Whatever Mark Hamill was paid for "acting" in this film was way too much.
HowdyAgs03
AG
Just finished watching it in Hong Kong and thought it was great.

*****Small spoiler below (first three words of the intro scroll)*****

*****End Spoiler*****
AgMarauder04
AG
Did you remove a spoiler form the spoiler thread?
HowdyAgs03
AG
I removed a spoiler from the non-spoiler thread.
The Shank Ag
Spoiler*****

That buildup to Luke though. Took forever but well worth it

End Spoiler*************
AggBock
AG
Just watched it in Tel Aviv. Awesome! The special effects are top notch and it is more realistic than all the others when it comes to the hand to hand fight scenes.
4th and Inches
AG
Just watched it in Panama, and here is my review!

F'ing Awesome!!!! For me it has been the best.

The scenery on all scenes! MAGIC! they should redo episode I-III with JJ as the director!

Kylo Rens Voice- actor was spot on! Great casting!

X Wing Scenes A+++++!

Fin character, in the trailers i was like WTF, but got fitted perfectly into the movie.

THis movie ends in such a high note, that im waiting for episode 8 already.

Abrams hit a homerun with this one. I actually think it was BETTER than empire.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GLORIOUS

Happy and sad at the same time. I'll post my full review when I get home. But Star Wars is back.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Chewy flying the Falcon by himself though.
tremble
AG
It was so good I want to cry.

*********that hurt though seeing Chewie. Almost started bawling
jr15aggie
AG
So good.

One question why it's fresh on my mind... When Rey had her force dream, did anybody else hear obi wans voice say "Rey"? I sure did!

And Kylos real name is Ben! Awesome!
YellowPot_97
AG
NOW THAT WAS A STAR WARS MOVIE!!!!
jr15aggie
AG
And we also know why Harrison was so hyped about the movie... He got the proper death he always wanted for Solo.

RIP Han, you da man!
Hickory High
AG
I thought it was ok but it appears I was supposed to think it was incredible. Thought the last 30 minutes were quite cheesy. I'm not a Star Was fanboy so I guess that's why the constant fanboy cameos just didn't do it for me.

Plz don't kill me.
MrPlow2010
AG
I loved it. Every part. Did anyone else see the two guys from the Raid: Redemption when Finn and Rey met Han?
Bruce Almighty
AG
Loved it. Now I know what it must of been like to watch Empire for the first time. Talk about cliff hanger! I'm not sure I can wait another 2 years for the next.
jr15aggie
AG
IMO the prequels just took another hit... with this movie now a real thing, those prequels feel that much more out of place.

It's like the prequels were some cheesy made for TV movies, and TFA is now the 4th movie in the Star Wars universe.

And to the guy that said he was "meh", it's all good. But you are probably in the minority. My wife is not a SW fan and she is very picky about her movies. She really liked it and is now excited to see the next one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.