*** STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Spoiler Discussion/Reactions ***

366,346 Views | 2952 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Philip J Fry
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I guess Vader and Palpatine were mapping out all of the ancient Jedi temples. I'm kind of curious if it will be revealed why they were doing that, other than simply to be the Star Wars version of ISIS and destroy the temples.

Power
Knowledge
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
UNLIMITED
Thomas Ford 91
AG
I suspect shooting a laser at as giant might cause an explosion that would badly damge your Death Star. Like lighting a stove in a house full of natural gas.
MGS
quote:
quote:
I guess Vader and Palpatine were mapping out all of the ancient Jedi temples. I'm kind of curious if it will be revealed why they were doing that, other than simply to be the Star Wars version of ISIS and destroy the temples.

Power
Knowledge

They were looking for the head piece to the Staff of Ra.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Palps strikes me as the kind of guy who wanted to know everything about everything, that's how he orchestrated the entire revenge of the Sith. The Jedi were his chief enemy, the Republic itself was just window dressing for the conflict, so since they weren't inviting him into the Council chambers for discussions or giving him guided tours of the Temple, he had to learn everything he could about him his own way. It would have perfectly plausible for the Jedi to have used some of those other temples as training facilities or for other purposes, and Palps wouldn't have been cool with having wiped out all the Jedi only to find there were 8 other temples with 100 Jedi each waiting in reserve.
AgLaw02
AG
quote:
Admiral Piett died when the Executor crashed in to Death Star II.

DO YOU EVEN STAR WARS, BRO?!
He died earlier than that. The Executor's shield generator was destroyed and an out of control A-Wing careened toward the bridge. The crew of the Executor failed to sufficiently intensify forward firepower, and the A-Wing went right through the bridge. There's no chance Piett survived that.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, if snoke was an obliterated bag of talking ashes and goo, he might be Piett
Flashdiaz
AG
Ok, it's admiral Kendal Ozzel. It will be revealed he had a steel wind pipe and faked the choking... Which explains why he got up to help the people carrying his dead body instead of being dead weight.
Ag Since 83
AG
Actually, Ouzel or Captain Needa are definitely possibilities...

RebAg13
JuliusCaesarAggie
Watched ANH with my 6 year old nephew yesterday. His first time to ever watch Star Wars. First thing he asks when it's over: "Why didn't Chewbacca get a medal?"
-----------------------------------------------------------
Duncan Idaho
Did he tweet #wookielivesmatter?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Watched ANH with my 6 year old nephew yesterday. His first time to ever watch Star Wars. First thing he asks when it's over: "Why didn't Chewbacca get a medal?"

Canon is that he did, actually, but just didn't want to wear it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
In The Yoda Chronicles, C3PO has 3 medals on a try and drops one, which shatters. Princess Leiaa silences him with a look and Chewie gets screwed over.
Really???
Vader and Palpatine were mapping temples to find holocrons which would tell them which class they needed to max out next in order to unlock their Jedi character slot.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

Canon is that he did, actually, but just didn't want to wear it.
where was this written?
AliasMan02
AG
The Chewbacca comic mini series.
The Collective
AG
Chewie receives a medal in the Droid Tales episode covering the events of ROTJ.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Listened to the TFA soundtrack yesterday while cleaning out a couple of closets. It just gets better and better,especially all the interwoven Rey parts. I can't help but applaud the way they gave us Finn with the lightsaber early on to distract us from Rey using the same one to have the real fight with Kylo Ren, just brilliant. And we were all so convinced her staff was some magic super weapon.

I think I've mentioned this before, but what really stands out to me after the movie being out 5 weeks is how much emotion rests in it; there are so many more fist-pump movies in TFA than in all of the prequels put together, and I'm sure that lies as much in Lucas' vision as in Abrams' dedication to get the most out of his actors and their performances.

The Collective
AG
quote:
I think I've mentioned this before, but what really stands out to me after the movie being out 5 weeks is how much emotion rests in it; there are so many more fist-pump movies in TFA than in all of the prequels put together, and I'm sure that lies as much in Lucas' vision as in Abrams' dedication to get the most out of his actors and their performances.

It was such a fun movie.
Not many SW moments beat Rey force pulling the saber. I knew it was coming as soon as Kylo tried to pull it from the snow. The facial expressions from both Rey and Kylo combined with the perfect ode to binary sunset... Bet JJ watched that final scene and said, we ****ing stuck the landing.
SeattleAgJr
This was retweeted by Carrier Fisher today....

AliasMan02
AG
We'll see if she deletes it...
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Well... there ya go.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Well... there ya go.
She was just retweeting a fan made image.

Does not mean it is canon, just amusing.
AgMarauder04
AG
Ryam's back! Now, about that box office...
The Debt
quote:

White privilege
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Because if you give the Wookiee one, then the droids are gonna want one, and if you give them one, the Porkins' ex-wife is going to show up saying, "hey, where's mine?" So you give her one, and then 2 guys claim they've found Biggs Darklighter's moustache in some hole on Yavin IV and they want THEIR medals. So you give those out. Then the Jawas who found R2 and 3PO are gonna want some, and the more you say no, the louder the "Utinnis!" get. So you make up another 50 even though you KNOW they're going to sell them for jacksquat when they go back through Mos Eisley next time. And speaking of Mos Eisley, guess who wants one next? Yep, Ponda Baba, because of the whole Kenobi cut his arm off. He's saying if that doesn't happen, Solo doesn't believe the guy's legit, and doesn't take them in the Falcon. Oh, by the way did I mention that like 35,000 people weren't on Alderaan when Tarkin turned it into an ash tray. And guess what they all want? Yep, MEDALS. Now you're thinking, this has got to be over, but nope, here's Captain Antilles, turns out Vader cut him loose, and hey, he wants a medal for getting Leia captured and starting the whole thing in motion, and now some ho from Anchorhead rolls up and says she's Kenobi's baby mama, WTF? Yep, get her a medal before she goes to the tabloids, and that's why Chewie doesn't get a medal.

And not to be labelled Anti-Wookiee, but what did Chewie actually do from the time they got to the Death Star? Growled at a mouse droid? Obi-Wan disabled the tractor beam, R2D2 found Princess Leia in the Death Star computer and turned the trash compactor off; Han stalled the guards, Luke found the cell, Chewie, what, shot some cameras? Great job. Luke shoots the door to close it on Vader, Luke and Han shoot doen the pursuing TIEs, Han knocks Vader off Luke's butt and Luke puts the proton torpedoes where the sun don't shine
redline248
AG
Excellent work.
Wheatables02
AG
Awesome!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
Well... there ya go.
She was just retweeting a fan made image.

Does not mean it is canon, just amusing.

Agreed. It's Carrie Fisher....she is BSC...can't put any stock in that, she may not have even noticed it has Rey or care.

nai06
AG
***************BOOK SPOILERS***************************

For those that are interested, I just finished reading Lost Stars which sets up some of the stuff leading to the TFA. It finishes with the Battle of Jakku which explains how some of the Imperial craft end up on the planet

***************END BOOK SPOILERS***************************
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Was it any good?

I can't believe that dip**** who wrote Aftermath is getting to write 2 more.... not a good way to kick off the new EU.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Was it any good?

I can't believe that dip**** who wrote Aftermath is getting to write 2 more.... not a good way to kick off the new EU.
I enjoyed Lost Stars, it's a different perspective of the original trilogy.
nai06
AG
quote:
Was it any good?

Lost Stars isnt by Chuck Wendig. Its by Claudia Gray.

Its part of the new YA series of books and was pretty good IMO
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I know that, I should have put an "also" before that 2nd paragraph.

I hate Chucks writing style and can't believe I will have to read two more of his books.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.