*** STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Spoiler Discussion/Reactions ***

358,072 Views | 2952 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Philip J Fry
Thomas Ford 91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aftermath is about 85% blah. Honestly shocked at how much I am enjoying Lost Stars. A real tight story.
Btron
AG
Why does Kylo bang on his side after Chewie's blaster shot? He punched himself and blood comes out. Is he doing some sort of self mutalation or feel the pain to pump him up?
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Aftermath is about 85% blah. Honestly shocked at how much I am enjoying Lost Stars. A real tight story.

I agree with both of these statements
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Damn now I have to read the teen love story novel
wangus12
AG
quote:
Why does Kylo bang on his side after Chewie's blaster shot? He punched himself and blood comes out. Is he doing some sort of self mutalation or feel the pain to pump him up?
Most likely the kick in adrenaline from the pain is what is keeping him moving
The Collective
AG
I agree with the above. It also explains how Rey was able to kick his ass, I think... though, she should have sustained some injuries after Kylo put her into a ****ing tree.
Scotch
AG
I think the consensus earlier in the thread was that they were reminding the audience how hurt Kylo was, and also that pressing or hitting a sore/injured area of the body can temporarily relieve the pain, or like was just said, maybe he wanted the rush he felt from the pain if hitting his side was painful.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I think the consensus earlier in the thread was that they were reminding the audience how hurt Kylo was, and also that pressing or hitting a sore/injured area of the body can temporarily relieve the pain, or like was just said, maybe he wanted the rush he felt from the pain if hitting his side was painful.

This, basically all of the above. Don't know why people were always so perplexed by this. Guess adrenaline is a foreign concept to some!
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
quote:

This, basically all of the above. Don't know why people were always so perplexed by this. Guess adrenaline is a foreign concept to some!
Yep. The primary narrative purpose was definitely Abrams re-emphasizing the injury to the audience. And 2nd, the Sith believe their power is derived from their pain and anger. Each time he did that he was trying to fuel his power with rage.
dave94
AG
I think it was even more to show just how unhinged Kylo was. We'd already seen his temper tantrums so he was feeding off that pain and going a little cray cray. Okay, more than a little.
Philip J Fry
AG
Quote:

Saw it again today and enjoyed it much more.

That being said, i realized episodes 4, and 7 have a major flaw in them. Why not just fly a ship faster than light through the Death Star/Star Killer? You wouldn't even need to bother with the bombing runs.

Nailed it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Something going so fast against something that massive would essentially vaporize on the surface.
redd38
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Quote:

Saw it again today and enjoyed it much more.

That being said, i realized episodes 4, and 7 have a major flaw in them. Why not just fly a ship faster than light through the Death Star/Star Killer? You wouldn't even need to bother with the bombing runs.

Nailed it.

Have you ever even gone light speed?
Philip J Fry
AG
Conservation of energy says otherwise.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.