*** STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Spoiler Discussion/Reactions ***

370,493 Views | 2952 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Philip J Fry
AggieSouth06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Avatar 2 is supposed to take place mainly underwater.

That's where I would want to be shortly after watching it.
jackie childs
quote:
The Collective
AG
quote:
quote:

Nailed. Mermaids and Mermen.
TexasAggies06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nailed. Mermaids and Mermen.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
I'd rather see Abyss 2 rather than Avatar: Under the Sea.
Chipotlemonger
AG
What would the plot to Abyss 2 be?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
So are they going to rip off the Little Mermaid story this time, or come up with something original?

I really don't think Avatar 2 would hold a candle to Star Wars 8... Avatar was pretty slick because it was a first-of-a-kind movie... now it's nothing special. Is it a continuance of the 1st movie, or something different completely? What questions did the first movie leave unanswered that people will be eager to get answered?

Star Wars is a continuing story that everyone will be anticipating because the first movie left so many unanswered questions. People will see SW8 in hopes it answers many questions left from the previous 7 movies.
DannyDuberstein
AG
They may want to consider moving the Avatar date now. SW is going to run a train on that mofo.
TCTTS
AG
Avatar will definitely move to the summer. Originally, way back when, it was supposed to be a Memorial Day release anyway, but got pushed. So now that Star Wars is seemingly claiming Christmas for eternity, I can see Avatar pushing again and claiming Memorial Day weekend of '18, '19 and '20.
FincAg
AG
I guess I'm the only person who never saw Avatar and still have zero intentions of doing so. Same will be said for Avatar 2.
DannyDuberstein
AG
You aren't the only one. I haven't either.
jeffk
AG
I'm looking forward the to 3D cgi rendition of "Under the Sea."
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Avatar will definitely move to the summer. Originally, way back when, it was supposed to be a Memorial Day release anyway, but got pushed. So now that Star Wars is seemingly claiming Christmas for eternity, I can see Avatar pushing again and claiming Memorial Day weekend of '18, '19 and '20.
Jeezus. 4 more PocahontaGullies?
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
You aren't the only one. I haven't either.
Well I guess it makes three then, 'cause neither have I.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
I guess I'm the only person who never saw Avatar and still have zero intentions of doing so. Same will be said for Avatar 2.
I saw it.

I was underwhelmed. It was stupid. I could never get over how a spacefaring civilizations best way to destroy a tree was a lumbering atmospheric bomber and how the "planet spirit" roused the planet wildlife to defend it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I'm looking forward the to 3D cgi rendition of "Under the Sea."
Yeah, you know it's coming.

And yeah, it got stuck in my head with all this talk of Avatar 2.....
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
I saw it.

I was underwhelmed. It was stupid. I could never get over how a spacefaring civilizations best way to destroy a tree was a lumbering atmospheric bomber and how the "planet spirit" roused the planet wildlife to defend it.
Fern Gully was defended by John Rolfe. They should have taken a page from Aliens.

If Grace hadn't been sympathetic to the plight of the Indians, I mean Na'vi, I would have laughed my ass off if she had said that in Avatar in reference to the home tree.
FincAg
AG
Sorry to derail, back to Star Wars.

So is everyone under the impression Snoke is Grand Moff Tarkin?
The Collective
AG
quote:

I wasn't under that impression at all... It seems he would have a bit more damage than a scar on his head.
redline248
AG
Lol, I don't think anyone is.
FincAg
AG
Found this a fun read. I admit I have no knowledge of anything from the canon or expanded universe, so I'm a complete noob.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-who-is-snoke-theory-tarkin/4/

Just throwing out wild possibilities.
redline248
AG
just reading that title screams click bait. These websites have to survive somehow.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:

Snoke is Admiral Piett

AgMarauder04
AG
Admiral Piett died when the Executor crashed in to Death Star II.

DO YOU EVEN STAR WARS, BRO?!
The Collective
AG
It's going to be a long 2 years.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

That's a new one.

And no.
TheDoctor
AG
Making my way through this thread. Had to post this from page 70 from Telco. When discussing the faults in ANH. Never realized this and it had me rolling. My childhood is a lie!

quote:
A PLANET DESTROYING MACHINE WAS DESTROYED BECAUSE OF A PLANET IN IT'S WAY.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
A2 hasn't even started filming yet and A1 took 2.5 years of just post-production work. No way in hell it's complete by Dec 2017.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I don't think that Avatar has a hope in hell of competing with Star Wars from here on out, at least against the main episode movies with TFA's success. I think the Avatar sequels would have a chance against the anthology films if they did it that way though, and I think May of 2018 is supposed to be the Han Solo anthology film.

Though let's also remember that a good few of the Marvel films have released at the beginning of May in the past, so releasing the Avatar sequels on Memorial Day weekend might be a brilliant move. But looping back to Star Wars, I think Rogue One will be successful and with that success I think Han Solo will do well enough even with competition.
TheDoctor
AG
Question 1: Does anyone even really like Avatar? Made tons of money, but I only saw it once and did not enjoy it at all. Thought it completely forgettable. My best friend and I still joke about UNOBTAINIUM.

Question 2: WTF does a sequel of Avatar need to be made? I don't hear America clamoring for a continuation of that story. Hell, I think most people have forgotten about that movie.

May be in the minority here, but flame away.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I don't think you're in the minority. I haven't watched it in a long time, but I remember when I was watching it again and again I enjoyed it less and less, and was more critical of it the more I watched it. I don't think that's going to be the case with how I feel about the Star Wars films where I enjoy them every time I watch them, even the prequels when they are at their worst.
Quad Dog
AG
quote:
Making my way through this thread. Had to post this from page 70 from Telco. When discussing the faults in ANH. Never realized this and it had me rolling. My childhood is a lie!

quote:

How it Should Have Ended: https://vimeo.com/83270869
The Collective
AG
quote:

quote:

Never referenced in the film that I can recall, but you could make the case that it needed time to recharge, and it was quicker to go around the planet in the way.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
Question 1: Does anyone even really like Avatar? Made tons of money, but I only saw it once and did not enjoy it at all. Thought it completely forgettable. My best friend and I still joke about UNOBTAINIUM.

Question 2: WTF does a sequel of Avatar need to be made? I don't hear America clamoring for a continuation of that story. Hell, I think most people have forgotten about that movie.

May be in the minority here, but flame away.

1. I loved Avatar
2. The rest of the world thinks much more highly of it than America. It'll make over a billion internationally easy.
The Collective
AG
As much as I dog on the prequels, I didn't dislike them. I hate Avatar. I am still completely dumbfounded by the amount of $ that movie pulled at the box office.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.