*** STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Spoiler Discussion/Reactions ***

370,491 Views | 2952 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Philip J Fry
mnuge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Every interview since the prequels Lucas mentions how he will now focus on "smaller, more experimental" films...almost like he has his freedom.
He's still saying it.

When does he quit whining about the criticism of the PT and make these small films?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Every interview since the prequels Lucas mentions how he will now focus on "smaller, more experimental" films...almost like he has his freedom.
He's still saying it.

When does he quit whining about the criticism of the PT and make these small films?

he's not making anything. it's talk.

i actually saw him in one interview say what he was working on would never be for public viewing, just for personal friends and family.

he's tinkering.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I have to say that while I enjoy the world that Lucas has created, I think he lost sight of what the films should be about when he did the PT. I thank him for the OT and some of the PT (Kenobi is awesome), but by the time the PT ended it was clear that his time as a director and writer of the stories in the SWU had passed IMO.

The saltiness of his comments in regards to how they weren't doing what he wanted though.....

I think Lucas has great ideas for movies and stories, but I think his execution in the last three installments of the SW franchise has left little room for him to criticize efforts of others within the same universe. Just my opinion on that.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Was that the "I'll squash you like a bug" video? Because that was hilarious.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Was that the "I'll squash you like a bug" video? Because that was hilarious.
yeah
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Crush you like a bug.

jabberwalkie09
AG
I saw his move Strange Magic..... I wouldn't say that it was great.... Actually I'd say WTF.
oragator
Here is some of that interview referenced in the link I posted earlier.
It is worth watching, if for no other reason than that if you get they same lead in commercial I did, it's freakin hilarious.

http://deadline.com/2015/12/george-lucas-white-slavers-disney-charlie-rose-interview-1201674262/
Saxsoon
AG
As Brian mentioned in the main thread, starting tomorrow we can transition back to the main discussion thread starting tomorrow.
aarjon
Obi Wan says "I once was a Jedi knight, like your father.."
So he could've quit the Jedi life and had a kid..Rey's parent.
SwigAg11
AG
quote:
bearamedic99
AG
quote:
As Brian mentioned in the main thread, starting tomorrow we can transition back to the main discussion thread starting tomorrow.

edit- will there be a TL;DR summary on the other thread?
oragator
quote:
Maybe they age differently all up in that Galaxy, but she ain't 30, which she would have to be right?
rhutton125
AG
Yeah I think Rey is supposed to be ~19.
Ag Since 83
AG
I like the theory that the mother is Palpatine's agent (maybe even daughter), and seduced Luke to create a child incredibly powerful with both dark side and light side potential
MandoArms
quote:
quote:
Maybe they age differently all up in that Galaxy, but she ain't 30, which she would have to be right?
I think you are missing what is being said...Rey is not Obi-Wans daughter the theory is she is his granddaughter. If he got hitched a few years after the in of ROTS he could have had a child a few years younger than Luke by ANH. It is a plausible theory and the timeline does line up fairly well.
Knife_Party
quote:
I like the theory that the mother is Palpatine's agent (maybe even daughter), and seduced Luke to create a child incredibly powerful with both dark side and light side potential

Oooo ya I like that. But maybe it's Snoke's agent rather than the emperor's agent.
joemeister
AG
quote:
So basically Mara Jade ... (I realize the EU romance between Luke and Mara wasn't because Palps ordered it.)
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
So basically Mara Jade ... (I realize the EU romance between Luke and Mara wasn't because Palps ordered it.)
That's what I was just about to post. It would be a nice nod to the EU fans, and a nice nod to the old EU/Legends canon that they still draw on it.
redline248
AG
She's Luke's daughter

Edit: I just realized y'all were speculating about her mother. Lol, early nye drinking is my excuse. Yeah, that's it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Solution: MOAR!
oragator
quote:
quote:
quote:
I think you are missing what is being said...Rey is not Obi-Wans daughter the theory is she is his granddaughter. If he got hitched a few years after the in of ROTS he could have had a child a few years younger than Luke by ANH. It is a plausible theory and the timeline does line up fairly well.

Got it thanks
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Netflix should make a documentary called "Making a Mother", about an in-depth investigation about the identity of Rey's mother.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Netflix should make a documentary called "Making a Mother", about an in-depth investigation about the identity of Rey's mother.
They should do an entire multiple part documentary on making the Sequel Trilogy. With a segment devoted to nothing but Rey's mother.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

They actually should.
ski-man
AG
I think Rey is the love child of Luke & Han. Han cheated on Leia after Ben was born. Han knew that since she has reappeared now he needed to do something as the news will eventually come out and he would be blackballed. That is why he let Kylo/Ben kill him. How could he not know Ben/Kylo would never come back from the dark side and should have never gotten so close to him. So he let him take him out as a hero. No one would believe Luke if he said something now, he has been an emotional wreck for years now and avoiding people as he was ashamed. Looks like Han's plan worked.

Just my theory.
Let's go ski-man!
joemeister
AG
My theory is that she is a clone of the love child born from that time when Boba Fett inseminated the Sarlacc.
caleblyn
Just got back from second viewing with my two boys. The projector messed up right when SB was blowing up. After 10 mins they rewound it about 30 mins and got to watch the Han death and final battle again.

My most favorite part of movie is when Rey retrieves the saber when KR was trying to get it. The music at that moment she catches it is fantastic. Goose bumps all 3 times.

I think Rey is H and L's second child. They do not talk about her because they feel they are somewhat responsible for Ren going dark and don't want it to happen again. One thing to go against the theory is that Han does not ever really recognize her. Possible he does not know her existence? She was born after he left? Does the age difference between Ren and Rey add up?
caleblyn
In the vision she sees Luke and r2d2, the Knights of Ren, and then she being left at Jakku where she is about 3-4 years old.

If Ren goes dark just prior to these visions that she has had then is it possible that Han does not know he has a daughter?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Apparently the script had the name of the island that Luke was at as Ach-to Island per reddit.

MSW link: http://makingstarwars.net/2015/12/luke-skywalkers-planet-from-star-wars-the-force-awakens-has-a-name/
TCTTS
AG
BOOM.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ck3u1ibsifwfkil/Star+Wars-Force-Awakens_Final+Script.pdf
caleblyn
Does that mean something?
OnlyForNow
AG
Read through a few pages so far...
"Kylo Ren ignites his lightsaber, a yellow/red flickering blade"

Interesting....
Satellite of Love
quote:
quote:
They should do an entire multiple part documentary on making the Sequel Trilogy. With a segment devoted to nothing but Rey's mother.

With lots and lots of boobies.
SwigAg11
AG
quote:
BOOM.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ck3u1ibsifwfkil/Star+Wars-Force-Awakens_Final+Script.pdf

Already taken down.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.