*** STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Spoiler Discussion/Reactions ***

365,452 Views | 2952 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Philip J Fry
AMW2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did you see George use the force on that guy?!?! You will never see my movies, they are just for my self "WAVES HAND" and my friends
PatAg
AG
quote:
I like the theory that the mother is Palpatine's agent (maybe even daughter), and seduced Luke to create a child incredibly powerful with both dark side and light side potential
thats some bull**** from the EU, which doesnt exist anymore
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:
Just got back from second viewing with my two boys. The projector messed up right when SB was blowing up. After 10 mins they rewound it about 30 mins and got to watch the Han death and final battle again.

My most favorite part of movie is when Rey retrieves the saber when KR was trying to get it. The music at that moment she catches it is fantastic. Goose bumps all 3 times.

I think Rey is H and L's second child. They do not talk about her because they feel they are somewhat responsible for Ren going dark and don't want it to happen again. One thing to go against the theory is that Han does not ever really recognize her. Possible he does not know her existence? She was born after he left? Does the age difference between Ren and Rey add up?
I am pretty sure that music was the same piece from ANH when Luke returns to the Lars homestead to find the smoldering remains of Owen and Beru. That gave me chills the second time I saw TFA and since John Williams' music often tells a story of its own, this is the reason I believe Rey is Luke's daughter.
Ag Since 83
AG
Do you feel some compulsive need to point out the EU isn't canon, or to be rude to anyone who brings up the EU? Does it offend you that the EU named one of Vader's grandsons Ben before the movies did? If we're actually going to be theorizing about this girl's parenting for 17 months, I am pretty sure the theories are going to be all over the place, including some grounded in the EU.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
quote:
I like the theory that the mother is Palpatine's agent (maybe even daughter), and seduced Luke to create a child incredibly powerful with both dark side and light side potential

Nothing in Star Wars exist.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nothing in Star Wars exist.

He'll squash you like a bug
DB Coach
AG
quote:
BOOM.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ck3u1ibsifwfkil/Star+Wars-Force-Awakens_Final+Script.pdf

Wish I had seen this when you posted it. Are there any interesting nuggets that would change the way we see the movie?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

It's not, actually.
Knife_Party
Heck ya. If Rey is a Skywalker that would be a really neat twist on who her mother is. But again, Snoke instead of Palps.
ramblin_ag02
AG
I'm backing the Kenobi horse for Rey. I was distracted like crazy during the movie by her British accent. No one else in the movie has a British accent. In fact, the actor who plays Finn is British, and they made him use an American accent for the movie. So its not like they didn't care what accents everyone was using. Obi Wan was the only person I can remember in the first 6 movies with a British accent. It also continues the tradition of Kenobis making both Skywalkers and Sith their *****es.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
redline248
AG
Lol, 85% or more of the imperial officers were British.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Fine, then she's one of their kids.

Even so, neither Emo Ren nor his parents have British accents. Would be kind of random for her to be part of that family and have one.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Knife_Party
I don't doubt its possible they made her a descendant of Kenobi. I just think it'd be neat for Luke to be seduces by a dark side agent, but the dark side agent has a change of heart and drops Rey off to hide her from Snoke.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I don't doubt its possible they made her a descendant of Kenobi. I just think it'd be neat for Luke to be seduces by a dark side agent, but the dark side agent has a change of heart and drops Rey off to hide her from Snoke.

well here is an interesting thought....that might help explain why they are so desperate to find Luke.

I mean thats really an odd part of TFA...other than WE as fans want him found...what was the driving need to find Luke by the FO??? if he was isolated and not training anyone whats the harm in leaving the last Jedi to die alone??? not like he was going to live 900+ years like Yoda.....other than Kylo Rens obsession???

but IF they know he has a kid and could train that kid and be a threat....that makes some sense. so if they were part of some plot to seduce luke and have a dark side agent and she betrayed them and hid the kid.....they would be pretty motivated and might even figure the mom would leave a way for the kid to find luke (the map).....we don't even really know the origin of the map do we?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I'm backing the Kenobi horse for Rey. I was distracted like crazy during the movie by her British accent. No one else in the movie has a British accent. In fact, the actor who plays Finn is British, and they made him use an American accent for the movie. So its not like they didn't care what accents everyone was using. Obi Wan was the only person I can remember in the first 6 movies with a British accent. It also continues the tradition of Kenobis making both Skywalkers and Sith their *****es.

the accent still could be the MOMs influence....we don't know.

but it's possibly Kenobi .....sure.

it could also be as as simple as this:

- Daisy Ridley/Rey is not a very experienced actress, perhaps they just had her speak naturally to simplify things for her

- John Boyega/Finn by contrast is more experienced, but also it just would have been really weird to have a British accent on a storm trooper who was taken as an orphan and raised in that environment.
Buck O Five
AG
Accents aren't genetic.
BigO_02
I have a question and I haven't been able to read all the posts on this thread so I am sorry if this was asked or answered.

Why wasn't Luke's lightsaber green like on RotJ? Instead it was blue. Are we to believe that it is the original one that was lost when Vader cut off Luke's arm in Cloud City? It would explain its power and significance as it also belonged to Anakin.

In that case I really want to know how Maz rescued it from all of that. Any ideas or explanations?
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once"
The Collective
AG
It is Anakin's saber recovered from Bespin. No idea how Maz got it, probably an artifact collector since she is a pirate.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Maz said that the light saber belonged to Anakin as well as Luke.
redline248
AG
This isn't that hard. Anakin owned a blue saber, which obi wan took and gave to Luke, who lost it on Bespin.
BigO_02
I said all of that but if we are to believe the peril that Luke was in hanging on the antenna about to fall into space in ESB the lightsaber would have succumbed to that fate. So we are to believe that the lightsaber was just floating around in space and magically fell into the hands of the only short bugged eyed weirdo in the galaxy who happened to know what it was and runs a watering hole in the heart of the rebellion 30 years later even though Cloud City is a way out of the way system "hidden" from the Empire?

I know Maz said it was a story for another time but that is one hell of a tale! Cant wait to hear it!
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once"
redline248
AG
First of all, if Luke fell it wouldn't have been into space. He would have fallen toward the center of the planet. As to the saber, it fell earlier than and independently of Luke. It might not have made it out of the city complex. Or it could have fallen to the planet surface or whatever and been found. Not found in space.
Duncan Idaho
Wasnt The original opening scene was supposed to be Luke's hand floating in space ?
redline248
AG
I don't the answer, but if so, they obviously changed it bc that would be incredibly stupid.
BigO_02
You don't think it would have fallen and entered one of the tubes and dropped out the automatic trapdoor the exact same manner that Luke did?
redline248
AG
It could have, or fallen out another tube that leads to some unknown place, or landed on the surface of the structure that has tubes and just sat there. Drop 2 things of different weights off the empire state building and they won't land in the same spot.
OnlyForNow
AG
I have it open on my phone and can still read it... How do I get it to you?
jeffk
AG
quote:

Mail your phone to him, obviously.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

Mail your phone to him, obviously.

Stupid post is stupid.

Screen shot each page and hist it on ohotobucket.
The Collective
AG
Even so, wasn't Luke merely going to fall to the planet? I guess that is what I thought. Still a pretty ****ty situation...
OnlyForNow
AG
Not sure if serious.... It's 111 pages.

Gotta be a better way. Oh wait.

Let's try this...

http://download787.mediafire.com/b4y544jsbccg/ck3u1ibsifwfkil/Star+Wars-Force-Awakens_Final+Script.pdf

OnlyForNow
AG
Doubt that works. I can open the whole thing in iBooks and email off copies to whoever wants it.
OnlyForNow
AG
Btw, what is the creature that pokes it's head out of the sand as BB-8 rolls away from Poe? Haven't we seen that before?
TCTTS
AG
I'll upload the script. Just tell me the best site use as a host.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Crap, wrong thread.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.