*** STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Spoiler Discussion/Reactions ***

370,711 Views | 2952 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Philip J Fry
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sure everyone has noticed the similarity by now.

Gimme Daisy over Keira any day. And I've loved Keira for years.
TCTTS
AG
Seriously. Imagine having to go from planet-hopping, Jedi adventurer, literally being at the heart of the biggest conflict the galaxy has ever known, to the relative solitude of Tatooine, almost overnight. It could be really cool having to watch him struggle to adjust to the monotony of it all. But he then gets pulled into some big dispute. Like, maybe he's needed to covertly help with some local/nobel cause, or feels compelled to - maybe even on the other side of the planet - but he knows he has to somehow still watch over Luke as well. All the while falling for some beautiful woman, and struggling with whether or not he'll break his Jedi oath. Ultimately, he does, and their child goes on to father/mother Rey (something we obviously wouldn't see, but would be implied, in the wake of Episode VIII). And again, shoot it like a Lawrence of Arabia type epic, with western vibes. Man, I may just start writing this thing myself...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hey, make Keira the love interest!
TCTTS
AG
That would actually be pretty genius.
Knife_Party
Tatooine is a planet full of mobsters. A neat story line could be that one group is going on a land grab and shadily snatching up moisture farms. Owen Lars is having some trouble making ends meet and takes out of a loan from the Hutts. Jabba comes calling one day and not in a nice way. Kenobi gets pulled into the dispute in order to protect Luke and in the process uncovers a larger plot by the empire to work with the Hutts and take control of an important resource that exists only in tatooine's soil. Kenobi wrecks the deal in order to deny the empire resources and protect the farm Luke is living on.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Sounds oddly like season 2 of Justified.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Btw, more than any other anthology movie, I want to see an Obi-Wan Kenobi spin-off set on Tatooine between Episode III and IV so bad. They'd have 25 years of story to play with. Like Lawrence of Arabia meets a sci-fi western. Obi-Wan watches over a young Luke from afar, gets caught up in some big Tatooine dispute, while also having a "forbidden" love interest, one that ultimately, in generation after, leads to the birth of Rey. Could be amazing.

That sounds legit... I'd even like to see Ewan McGregor in the role again, although I'm guessing there's no way.
TCTTS
AG
McGregor could totally do it. He's 44 years old right now, which would be there perfect age. He could easily play a bit older too, if need be. Even have a vignette or two toward the end, where he's aged up to like 60 or so, just before A New Hope, and I would totally buy it.
TCTTS
AG
Screw it. Let's do this. I've got a million other things going on right now, but this would be so fun to squeeze in here and there...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Get Ewan or don't do it at all. Guy is fantastic.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Dude, you could even do a film on it: TCTTS goes to Lucasfilm!
PatAg
AG
quote:
He also got whipped by a common storm trooper. Like I said, I don't really care, but probably the last cool thing he did was on the tie fighter early on. I may be forgetting something.

Maybe he'll get some training in the next one or something
I mean, anytime FN uses any weapon, he turns out to be extremely good with it. That was what I remembered. Pretty sure I'm done reading this thread, you guys are anti-fun I guess? Its like you think "Man I enjoyed this movie, I need to fix that"
jabberwalkie09
AG
Some inspiration for your TC.
Satellite of Love
I say Rey is Han and Leia's daughter. The embrace post Han's death was it for me. For being complete strangers that was too much of a casual thanks for blowing up StarKiller type hug...

And to the poster who hated the 3PO appearance as hookie, on 2nd viewing you are wrong about his arm. It doean't magically change back next scene. It stays red to the very end. It was necessary to bring back the old characters even though you hate them.
TCTTS
AG
Love that, jabberwalkie09!

I'm serious about this, btw. Again, finding legitimate time is a big concern, but I may even start a new thread, one that we can all contribute to and come up with story ideas. I can see the broad strokes so clearly, but with the TexAgs hive mind, coming up with all the details could be a fun little exercise, if anything, and then the actual writing of it would come fairly fast, relatively speaking - something I could do like an hour a day, once we have a detailed outline. Granted, the chances of it ever being something officially acquired by Lucasfilm are astronomically low, but via my manager/producing partner, we do have contacts at Bad Robot, and if it's actually good, I could definitely get it in the hands of the right people...
jabberwalkie09
AG
TexAgs, ASSEMBLE!
LeonardSkinner
quote:
I'm sure everyone has noticed the similarity by now.

Gimme Daisy over Keira any day. And I've loved Keira for years.

There were a couple of scenes where Ridley would smile and she would almost look like Knightley's twin. But... I'm pretty much replying just to have the picture posted again.
LeonardSkinner
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but Knightley was in the prequels as one of Padme's handmaidens, right?
Duncan Idaho
quote:
That would actually be pretty genius.

She was one of padmes body doubles/security gaurds.
TCTTS
AG
Totally forgot about that.
LeonardSkinner
Was she the one that was killed while pretending to be Padme?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Was she the one that was killed while pretending to be Padme?
No, that was Corde. Knightley played Sabe in TPM.
Duncan Idaho
If she isn't the one that gets killed, it would be believable that she went into hiding with kenobi or met up with him planet side.
LeonardSkinner
quote:
Love that, jabberwalkie09!

I'm serious about this, btw. Again, finding legitimate time is a big concern, but I may even start a new thread, one that we can all contribute to and come up with story ideas. I can see the broad strokes so clearly, but with the TexAgs hive mind, coming up with all the details could be a fun little exercise, if anything, and then the actual writing of it would come fairly fast, relatively speaking - something I could do like an hour a day, once we have a detailed outline. Granted, the chances of it ever being something officially acquired by Lucasfilm are astronomically low, but via my manager/producing partner, we do have contacts at Bad Robot, and if it's actually good, I could definitely get it in the hands of the right people...

I think I might have a random contact at Bad Robot, too. My mom's cousin grew up in the LA area and was apparently a high school classmate of and pretty good friends with the guy who runs the company.
LeonardSkinner
The story practically writes itself, right? Sabe can certainly have some vested interest in the children of her queen, in the same way that Obi-Wan would have an interest in the children of Anakin.
Murder Hornet
AG
quote:
Seriously. Imagine having to go from planet-hopping, Jedi adventurer, literally being at the heart of the biggest conflict the galaxy has ever known, to the relative solitude of Tatooine, almost overnight. It could be really cool having to watch him struggle to adjust to the monotony of it all. But he then gets pulled into some big dispute. Like, maybe he's needed to covertly help with some local/nobel cause, or feels compelled to - maybe even on the other side of the planet - but he knows he has to somehow still watch over Luke as well. All the while falling for some beautiful woman, and struggling with whether or not he'll break his Jedi oath. Ultimately, he does, and their child goes on to father/mother Rey (something we obviously wouldn't see, but would be implied, in the wake of Episode VIII). And again, shoot it like a Lawrence of Arabia type epic, with western vibes. Man, I may just start writing this thing myself...
Sounds similar to the plot of Wizard and Glass from Gunslinger series
InnerCityAg
quote:
Mind blown. Fan theory on Kylo. He's actually a good guy all along.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/seriously-dont-click-this-if-you-havent-seen-tfa-yet#.yv38yqPerj

This is pretty dumb.
tremble
AG
quote:
Also, just came across this video, and I'm more convinced than ever that Rey is a Kenobi. Any other Skywalker-heritage scenario would require her mind to be wiped, and that seems like such a flimsy/lame narrative device...

The more I think about this, the more I like it. So much symmetry involved and recurring themes.

jabberwalkie09
AG
I'd be more ready to accept her being a Kenobi over a Solo if she isn't a Skywalker (Luke's daughter). I'd rather not have Skywalker siblings in the story this go around. But that's just my preference. I'd prefer either cousins or her be a Kenobi.
Malachi Constant
AG
I thought the same thing. Not that it's an issue, Wizard and Glass was great. Can even throw in an old codgy witch who's strong with the force...
Wheatables02
AG
quote:
I say Rey is Han and Leia's daughter. The embrace post Han's death was it for me. For being complete strangers that was too much of a casual thanks for blowing up StarKiller type hug...

And to the poster who hated the 3PO appearance as hookie, on 2nd viewing you are wrong about his arm. It doean't magically change back next scene. It stays red to the very end. It was necessary to bring back the old characters even though you hate them.

So Leia knows who she is but Han doesn't recognize her? I think this would be the worst route for the movie to take.

Luke's daughter makes so much more sense, with him being the last jedi and needing to reproduce. Also, after listening to the soundtrack, when Rey has some big parts, the music cuts to Luke's theme subtlety . This happens multiple times.

I think she's Luke's and Leia hid her away per Luke so Ren didn't discover her. I don't think Han knows Luke has a daughter.
MROD92
TCTTS,
How about this: Kiera Knightly was sent by Padme prior to her death to watch over Luke. She runs into Kenobe, they get close, she begins to seduce him. He resists quoting the Jedi order, she pushes further stating there is no more Jedi order and he must concentrate on the here and now ( a tip of the hat to Quigon) and he submits following her into his cave bedroom. End scene
joemeister
AG
If she's a Kenobi, she's the youngest looking 40 year old woman in the history of the galaxy.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
If she's a Kenobi, she's the youngest looking 40 year old woman in the history of the galaxy.

Dude. Bacta does awesome stuff.
MROD92
Granddaughter Kenobi

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.