*** STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Spoiler Discussion/Reactions ***

365,593 Views | 2952 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Philip J Fry
RiverDog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RiverDog

redline248
AG
quote:
I liked a few of those movies listed. Also, relax. You shouldn't hate people for disliking a movie (unless they insult you for liking it of course).

If they don't like this new Star Wars, then I hate them!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
From my point of view people who hate TFA are evil!
hunter2012
AG
quote:
I'd like to offer a Big F U to the loser who posted the HAN dies thread! Break a leg!

That was me, I just threw it out as a joke a week before the release regarding the post about spoilers. Apparently the force is strong with me.
RiverDog
RiverDog
TelcoAg
AG
Here's a bad movie

snowdog90
I didn't like this movie. It's not because i'm biased in any way, it's because of the movie's many flaws. If i tried to list them all, it would be 2000 words, so for brevity, I give it a 4 or 5 out of 10. My 12-yr-old, who admittedly is very hard to please, hated it, gave it a 2. 16-yr-old gave it a 5, 14-yr-old gave it a 6. There was no applause at the end, either time i saw it.

As it was my 2nd viewing, I dozed off a couple times. For those that love it, I wish I did too, but it's just so flawed. Same story as ANH, only without the originality and without the great characters of the original.

Vader >>>>> Kylo Ren
Luke >>>>> Rey
Young Han >>>>> Old Han/Finn
Young Leia >>>>> Poe

Etc...

Why make this movie???

Only answer is more money, and they achieved that for sure. They basically did everything ANH did, but improved on none of it.

Of course this movie is better than the prequels, but 95% of all movies are better than those 3 dumpster fires.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Can you do the 2000 word version? I'd love to read it.

And what 12 year old is ranking movies out of 10?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This page of the thread has proven that dogs don't like Star Wars.
redline248
AG
Welp.
TelcoAg
AG
Wasn't trying to insult you so much as make an A&M specific reference. Your post reminded me of Eric Hyman's lines about "managing expectations."

I don't really care if you have the same mentality I do. I just don't understand why anyone would spend money on something they know "sucks hard," although I imagine that your statement is rife with hyperbole.

Personally, I just want to be entertained for 2 hours. The fact that I feel like talking about the movie after the fact is just a cherry.
TelcoAg
AG
I don't understand the thought that there were no great characters in this one. Kylo Ren is one of the more interesting characters ever introduced in the franchise.

As far as ANH retread - it's pretty easy to read that people who can't get past that part are the ones who will dislike the movie the most. There are countless differences between the two movies, yet Death Star III pretty much sealed the deal for most folks, I gather.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Lol, $4.50.

I've shelled out $55 on this movie and regret nothing.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Vader >>>>> Kylo Ren
Luke >>>>> Rey
Young Leia >>>>> Poe
Based solely on Episode IV vs. Episode VII

I'll give you these.

Vader >>>>> Kylo Ren

Rey>>>>>>Luke
A scavenger who never complains, is always helping others and then uses the force in a pretty solid lightsaber duel vs. a complaining farm boy who literally *****es the entire movie up until the point where he listens to a force ghost to blow up the death star.

Poe >>>=== Young Leia
Hot shot pilot is is witty like Han and kicks ass in the air vs. a damsel in distress

C'mon man.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Lol, $4.50.

I've shelled out $55 on this movie and regret nothing.
I've spent over a hundred on tickets for marathon and showings for myself + gf + tickets for my roommate etc. I regret nothing
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, Vader was a badass looking, menacing villain, but he was not fleshed out in the first movie. That came later.

You cannot fairly compare Kylo's one movie appearance to Vader's six.

Kylo is a much better, deeper character than Vader was one movie in.

Is this not common sense?
redline248
AG
He's deeper, but I don't think that necessarily makes him better. I'll take Vader casually force choking the shht out of a disrespectful little ***** imperial officer over Kylo throwing hissy fits and destroying inanimate objects.
redline248
AG
p r i c k is filtered?

**** isn't, lol.

Edit: omg, since when is d i c k filtered
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
True. The force pull and choke was pretty gangsta though.
redline248
AG
Yeah, he definitely showed of some cool skills
Cyprian
AG
Saw it and loved it. It was a careful copy of themes from the OT (Can we get away from Deathstar/Starkiller??) so there is room for some criticism regarding a lack of originality. That said, it still felt like a genuine new Star wars movie - in a way the prequels never delivered me. That's just a fantastic experience to get that again. I would put it just behind ANH & Empire. But I'm still processing it - i guess I need to see it a couple more times
amercer
AG
I'd be down for a speculate on episode VIII thread.

This one is too far in the weeds for that. I don't want spoilers, but there shouldn't be any real ones for at least a year right?

Also, this movie is still a 10/10 after 5 days of reflection.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Three more days and then the Star Wars General Thread will be fair game for TFA discussion and posting.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sw discussion thread will be open to all discussion on Friday.

Beat me to it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
amercer
AG
Feels
wangus12
AG
Thats a real kick in the sack
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Thats a real kick in the sack
jabberwalkie09
AG
CapCityAg89
AG
When you coming back son?

I don't know Dad ... But we'll get together then Dad ... I know we'll have a good time then.
AMW2010
AG
AMW2010
AG

How I felt when it happened!! The guy next to me was literally on the edge of his seat with his hand over his mouth
AliasMan02
AG
I've said it before and will say it again. The rehashed plot elements were used to move the story along. It used familiar elements so you didn't have to spend an hour reestablishing the world. Would I have rather seen an all new, intricate plot? Yes. But that movie would have been three hours long. This is a stage-setting movie. It catches us up, introduces the new heroes and villains, and sets the stage for VIII and IX, which will be more of a two-part story.

This movie covers a LOT of ground because it doesn't stop to explain everything or set up a new twisting and turning story. It works.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.