*** STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Spoiler Discussion/Reactions ***

369,778 Views | 2952 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Philip J Fry
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WE better get back on topic before TC writes us up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
This!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hey Muck, let's see your series rankings after TFA.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

awesome interview with Carrie Fisher, Daisy Ridley and John Boyega on Graham Norton in UK....

Carrie is her whacky self.....she dishes out sage sexual advice among other quips and anecdotes:

At 13:25

1. Don't go through the crew like wildfire.
2. Don't take any advice from me.

She also says she told Graham Norton the entire plot a year ago...she couldn't not tell.

They are all funny and the two new stars are very endearing in their humility...

http://www.hitfix.com/news/carrie-fishers-sex-advice-to-daisy-ridley-dont-go-through-the-crew-like-wildfire
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
This!
Oh alright....

Rey did a better job piloting the Falcon than Anakin did flying he N-1 Naboo Starfighter in TPM. Even though he banged it up a good bit, she at least didn't do it all by completely dumb luck.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No arguments there.

I'll never understand why Lucas didn't make it so that Anakin was able to do all that with the help of the force, even at that age. That would really drive home the whole 'Chosen One' idea that they tried so hard to sell us for three movies.
Cromagnum
AG
My take after seeing TFA 2x, the OT dozens of times, and the PT 2x.

1. ESB
2. TFA
3. ANH
==========
4. ROTS
5. ROTJ
==========

6. Phantom Menace
==========

7. AOTC
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Hey Muck, let's see your series rankings after TFA.
way too early for that, I've only seen it once.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty damn close to my feelings, with TFA and ANH swapped.

I readily admit that ANH is only slightly ahead of TFA for me, and it's due to nostalgia. (Well, and the soundtrack.)
fig96
AG
A New, Beastie Boys-Influenced Star Wars Alien Reminds Us How Much We Still Don't Know

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I'll never understand why Lucas didn't make it so that Anakin was able to do all that with the help of the force, even at that age. That would really drive home the whole 'Chosen One' idea that they tried so hard to sell us for three movies.
Would have worked better if Lucas had some kind of backstory where Anakin was reading/studying to become pilot. Making him an aspiring pod racer just doesn't equate to piloting skills in my book. At least Rey had flown things before (she mentioned that in the film IIRC), which is why her being able to fly a ship was much easier to buy into IMO.
The Collective
AG
quote:

JuliusCaesarAggie
Loved: Casting nailed it. New characters were great. Poe Dameron's X-Wing killing spree. The first order. Kylo Ren still being a bit of a rookie in the force. The falcon reveal. The Luke reveal.

Liked: Han's death. Seeing the old characters again. Snoke. Phasma as the new boba fett (mysterious badass).

Disliked: lack of memorable score. Rathtar scene. Droid please. Low power mode. Phasma as the new boba fett (does nothing).

ESB - A+
ANH - A
ROTJ - A-
TFA - B+
-----------------------------------------------------------
jabberwalkie09
AG
I must have missed the memo that everyone got that Phasma was supposed to be the new Boba Fett character... I just saw her armor in the preview and thought that she was going to be some field commander. Even then I guess I was wrong.
p_bubel
Absolutely loved the opening seen with the moon getting eclipsed by the star destroyer.
Duncan Idaho
Phasma was a complete waste. She wasn't a negative like the cg squids but she was just a waste of potential.

Her turning off the shields was like fett falling in the sarlac pit.
wangus12
AG
quote:
I must have missed the memo that everyone got that Phasma was supposed to be the new Boba Fett character... I just saw her armor in the preview and thought that she was going to be some field commander. Even then I guess I was wrong.
You and me both.
AggieSouth06
quote:
Phasma was a complete waste. She wasn't a negative like the cg squids but she was just a waste of potential.

Her turning off the shields was like fett falling in the sarlac pit.

I posted this a few pages back, but I think she was written into the script late at Rian Johnson's request. He needed somebody with a personal vendetta hunting Finn down in Ep VIII, Boba Fett style.

She exists to set up the next episode.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not a bad theory.

I bet we get a badass Phasma vs. Finn fight. It's been confirmed that Gwendoline Christie has been doing lightsaber training, right? (Not that she needs much )
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Good, but nowhere near the level of Empire Strikes Back.

Revenge of the Sith is a better overall movie despite what the prequel gaters will have you believe.

Not sure if serious.

They are not even in the same category.

The prequels were trash not because its popular to say, but because they really are.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We've moved on, dude.
wangus12
AG
quote:
The prequels were trash not because its popular to say, but because they really are.
Meh, they aren't good movies, but they had their moments. Most people say they are complete trash because it is the popular thing to say.
Darth Football
Empire
Return of the Jedi
Force Awakens
New Hope
Prequel C
Prequel A
Prequel B
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's hypocriticism is what it is. They **** on the prequels but turn a blind eye to all the faults of the OT. (Mostly in Jedi.)
TelcoAg
AG
Found this the other day. It is absolutely fantastic.

(The real gem is at 2:30)
AggieSouth06
quote:
It's hypocriticism is what it is. They **** on the prequels but turn a blind eye to all the faults of the OT. (Mostly in Jedi.)
Eh, I think it's that it's so much easier to overlook the faults of the originals because the characters were real, complex beings with believable motivations and emotional weight, and it makes you actually care what happens to them. Every character in the prequels was so unrealistic, unlikeable and/or obliviously stupid that I didn't care one bit what happened to any of them. Hell, the only character in the entire prequel trilogy that made me think "Yeah, I can kinda see where he's coming from" was the godd***ed Emperor.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Nice find. I liked 2:30 as well.
Wheatables02
AG
what am I missing at 2:30? Palpatine's scar?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

quote:
Every character in the prequels was so unrealistic, unlikeable and/or obliviously stupid

That isn't true.
What about Sebulba? He attacked Jar-Jar, he tried to kill Jake Loyd, and he had a couple of Twilek masseuses. That's a guy to look up.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
What about Sebulba? He attacked Jar-Jar, he tried to kill Jake Loyd,
He must have sensed the dark side in the boy. Hell, he almost did the galaxy a favor.

quote:
and he had a couple of Twilek masseuses. That's a guy to look up.
And also knew how to unwind and have fun I guess.
YouBet
AG
I liked the Tusken Raider that was taking pot shots at Jake Loyd during the pod race. Unfortunately, he missed.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
what am I missing at 2:30? Palpatine's scar?
It's a little bit after that, but close enough. In case you missed it when you watched, it's the cut from Kenobi to Qui-Gon explaining the Force.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I liked the Tusken Raider that was taking pot shots at Jake Loyd during the pod race. Unfortunately, he missed.
I also enjoyed the work of Jocastu Nu, Jedi librarian. She acted just like a typical librarian. She asks Obi-Wan if he needs help, and then when he claims something is missing from the library, she turns into a total B*. That was exceptionally realistic.
Knife_Party
If the only thing that was different in the prequels was Anakin was the same character as he was in the clone wars cartoon, they wouldn't just be tolerable, they would actually become "good" movies, Sith more than Clone Wars.
Malachi Constant
AG
I couldn't even make it through the whole video. It was so cringe-worthy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.