*** STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Spoiler Discussion/Reactions ***

382,139 Views | 2952 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Philip J Fry
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You figure that all the dead bodies around Ren and his "Knights" in the scene where it is raining were from the academy or Jedi training.

So Ren did lead an "uprising" in the school or whatever. One problem is, where are all these other "bad-guy" force users now?

I also never understood how having 25+ Jedi and 2 siths was a "balance" to the force... If it's just about power I guess there is something to that... But it's t never made sense as numbers are concerned.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
You figure that all the dead bodies around Ren and his "Knights" in the scene where it is raining were from the academy or Jedi training.

So Ren did lead an "uprising" in the school or whatever. One problem is, where are all these other "bad-guy" force users now?

I also never understood how having 25+ Jedi and 2 siths was a "balance" to the force... If it's just about power I guess there is something to that... But it's t never made sense as numbers are concerned.
The other Knights of Ren are assumed to be Dark Side users, but may not be. I don't believe it's ever specified if the other knights are Force users or not.
AgMarauder04
AG
Dark Side users are all about power. I can't imagine you would have a lot aroind without killing each other.
OnlyForNow
AG
I disagree. I think Ren is very different, hence the "Sith" and whatever this is now.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Found on imgur.
The Collective
AG
I liked the helmet off for the fight with Finn & Rey. It reinforced Ren's weakness and his fear. Maybe a wee bit emo, but let's face it, emo is exactly the right emotion / feeling from that character.
fig96
AG
Satellite of Love
quote:
Palpatine clearly stated that Plagueis was dead, and it is strongly implied that he was the one who killed him.

But there is clear precedent from the originals that a character stating that someone was killed is not definitive evidence of death. Also Palpatine was not infallible, even if he thought that he was.

But remember Obi-Wan told Luke that his father Anakin was dead, killed by Vader. When i reality Anakin was alive and well. So anything is up for play at this point.
Ulrich
quote:
quote:
Palpatine clearly stated that Plagueis was dead, and it is strongly implied that he was the one who killed him.

But there is clear precedent from the originals that a character stating that someone was killed is not definitive evidence of death. Also Palpatine was not infallible, even if he thought that he was.

But remember Obi-Wan told Luke that his father Anakin was dead, killed by Vader. When i reality Anakin was alive and well. So anything is up for play at this point.
True, but Disney knows what they are doing, so they probably won't need to come up with legalese like "so what I told you was true, from a certain point of view" to retcon a line that no longer makes sense.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
^
Yeah, that's what I said. Character A saying Character B is dead doesn't mean it's true.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
InnerCityAg
quote:
Any idea why Luke is using a hand that doesn't look human like he did in ROTJ?

He's in seclusion for like 20 years. You know, just him and robot hand.
dave94
AG
quote:
quote:
Any idea why Luke is using a hand that doesn't look human like he did in ROTJ?

He's in seclusion for like 20 years. You know, just him and robot hand.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
Will Kylo eventually become a Sith Lord after getting his ass handed to him? Seems like there will be a ton of rage in him built up in the next film.

I'd be ok with this. Have him go full psycho in the next film and owning people left and right since his training will be complete.
The Shank Ag
Luke trains Rey. Smoke trains Kylo. Finn learns from Poe. Seems like all the youngins have a mentor
jabberwalkie09
AG
Apparently, before arriving at VII's title being TFA it was also at one time titled.....

AliasMan02
AG
I'm sure they just decided that calling it Shadow of the Empire would just be confusing for superfans.

I'm actually a little surprised that they wiped out SotE from the canon, as it was one of the lone EU elements that came more or less directly from Lucasfilm.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
For VIII, how about:

Star Wars: Knights of the New Republic
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
For VIII, how about:

Maybe the title for like... Episode X? The start of the NEXT saga trilogy? I like it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I'm sure they just decided that calling it Shadow of the Empire would just be confusing for superfans.

I'm actually a little surprised that they wiped out SotE from the canon, as it was one of the lone EU elements that came more or less directly from Lucasfilm.
Yeah, most likely they didn't want the confusion.

I was a little surprised by that as well. IMO, it is one of the most organic to the OT stories from the EU/Legends that I can think of.
InnerCityAg
quote:
I think it was the planet his academy was on.

Isn't that Yavin IV?
Satellite of Love
quote:
quote:
For VIII, how about:

Maybe the title for like... Episode X? The start of the NEXT saga trilogy? I like it.

To rip off Spaceballs The Search for More Money
Satellite of Love
quote:

Where do you find out what was scrubbed?
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:

The shorter answer is what wasn't

Entire EU is gone, only the films, animated series, and games and their associated books and comics are canon. Don't think there's anything else, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

The shorter answer is what wasn't

Entire EU is gone, only the films, animated series, and games and their associated books and comics are canon. Don't think there's anything else, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_canon

Official list is there.
SwigAg11
AG
That list was depressing.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
i actually like that list...it's small enough that I could possibly read the novels there and be caught up canonically since i've seen all the movies and Clone Wars stuff.

before with all that was out there there was no way i could read it all...
redline248
AG
Just give it a few years, it'll be like that again.
Saxsoon
AG
Problem I have heard is that so many of the new novels are trash, especially aftermath. Also tried watching Rebels and just couldn't get into it. Same with Clone Wars sadly. And I am not going to go out and buy comics.
fig96
AG
quote:
Problem I have heard is that so many of the new novels are trash, especially aftermath. Also tried watching Rebels and just couldn't get into it. Same with Clone Wars sadly. And I am not going to go out and buy comics.
Nor am I, but I buy a ton of comics through Comixology.

Clone Wars has its ups and downs but gets really good in later seasons, haven't seen enough of Rebels yet to make a judgement.
fig96
AG
Gracias.
Southlake
I thought at the end that Luke was going to ask Ren if she was afraid and when she replied, no, he would say......You will be.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Know what the most depressing thing is?

The Holiday Special is canon.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Was this ever posted?

Concept art for Hayden/Vader's potential appearance in TFA.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Know what the most depressing thing is?

The Holiday Special is canon.
it's not in the list actually.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Holiday_Special#Canonicity_of_the_special

Edit: Missed the part that it became part of Legends after the Disney acquisition.

Thank the Force.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.