*** STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Spoiler Discussion/Reactions ***

358,071 Views | 2952 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Philip J Fry
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Alright, I wanted to preemptively get this thread up, since all hell will likely start breaking loose tomorrow. At which point, from tomorrow through, let's say, January 1 (just to be safe), this thread is where all spoiler-related discussion, reviews, and impressions for The Force Awakens should take place. Feel free to post vague/non-spoiler reactions to the film in the Star Wars Discussion Thread, but anything other than your/someone else's very general impressions of the movie should be delegated to this thread. However, after December 31 - which is more than enough time for nearly everyone here to have seen the movie - all bets are off, and we can go back to discussing anything and everything - including TFA spoilers - in the other thread, leading up to the release of the next one, at which point we'll rinse and repeat.

Here's the screening schedule for the week, just to give everyone an idea of when the spoiler storm will start to hit...

12/14 - MONDAY
- The very first press screenings will be Monday night, in conjunction with the official red carpet premiere at the TCL Chinese Theater in Hollywood. This will be the first time anyone outside of the select few cast, crew, or close friends of Abrams sees the film (which is almost unprecedented. I can't remember the last time virtually no one had seen a movie this big three days before its release.)

12/16 - WEDNESDAY
- Review embargo lifts at 12:01 AM PST.

12/17 - THURSDAY
- First official public showings begin at 7:00 PM EST.

So, basically, even though reviews are embargoed for roughly 24 hours after the first press screenings/premiere, expect initial thoughts and impressions to start leaking at some point late Monday night. Then, what is essentially (very) late Tuesday night, reviews will officially be published online, which will make for two-three straight days of having to avoid any reviews/spoilers.

Good luck, and I'll see everyone here on the 18th! (I'm not seeing the movie 'til 10:30 PM PST on the 17th.)

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FYI, the Collider movie guys, who may actually rival MuckRaker as Star Wars uber nerds, are attending the premiere tomorrow night. They'll be posting videos on their instagram throughout the night, and will be posting their spoiler-free reactions and review on YouTube right after the movie. I'll post it here once it's up.

These guys also rival TCTTS in their hatred for the prequels, so their review will be very telling. If it gets a positive review from them, you can take it to the bank that we've got a great Star Wars film to look forward to.

https://www.instagram.com/collidervideo/

https://www.youtube.com/user/ColliderVideos/videos
amercer
AG
Looking forward to reading this on the 24th
TCTTS
AG
Good to know. I hadn't heard yet whether video or Twitter reaction were allowed before the official review embargo is up.
AgMarauder04
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ag Since 83
AG
See you guys Thursday night.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/872/322/1ef.gif
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
hunter2012
AG
Why did Han have to die at the end?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Spoilers should be assumed, this is specifically for the film. I was always under the impression that movie thread topics like this were fair game for spoilers.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
To be clear, people won't be posting spoilers before the 17th, will they? If you are posting a link to a review with spoilers, please ADD A WARNING at least until opening night.

Also, am reading that theater employees will not be allowed to watch the film before 7pm on the 17th, so that hopefully cuts down on the possibility of spoilers leaking.
We should post spoilers in here, so stay the hell out if you don't want to see it.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Good to know. I hadn't heard yet weather video or Twitter reaction were allowed before the official review embargo is up.
nobody wants weather reports for Star Wars.

Jokku will be hot and dry this week, with occasional wind and ion storms....
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Why did Han have to die at the end?
for the same reason the chicken had to cross the road.
TCTTS
AG
Guys, Brian is asking if people are going to be posting spoilers BEFORE the 17th. Not after. That said, I say starting tomorrow, stay away from this thread. Spoiler tags can be used in the other thread when posting to reviews.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
AB2
AG
Stupid ? - is there a secondary marketplace for Thursday night tix? I bought a couple too many...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saxsoon
AG
It says spoilers, be safe about it. Sorry I threw in the hell but it is kind of common sense.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
It says spoilers, be safe about it. Sorry I threw in the hell but it is kind of common sense.

This reminds me of when the last Harry Potter book came out. I was at a church camp at Purdue at the time. Two of the guys that were at the camp with me stood across the street from the campus bookstores that night with signs that said "Snape dies page 263." They had no idea whether it was true or not, they were just being aholes. I've never seen more pissed off Presbyterians. Grown women were threatening to beat up these two 15 year old kids. It was amazing.
TajMaballer
AG
How long will it take this thread to get to 100 pages?
BMX Bandit
So now people are mad that people might post spoilers on a thread entitled "spoilers"?

MandoArms
Would this be the place to talk about how the new novels will tie into TFA? I finished Aftermath yesterday and I really like all the subtle hints they through out there...more questions that answers though to be honest.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'd say that would be appropriate. I haven't read the novels, but if there is something to know like a little nugget of information as to what happened to the characters between the films I know I would like to know.
MandoArms
The novel focus more on sub characters like Akbar and Mon Mothan. It really tries to outline just how chaotic things are on both sides after Endor.

That being said Han and Chewie do make a brief appearance and I think their story line after ROTJ is going to be very interesting to watch.

Also a small hint on the fate of Fett was dropped but I'm not sure if that is just me wanting to see something that isn't there or not.
jr15aggie
AG
Thanks for setting up the thread... I'll be avoiding this till sometime around 10:00 on Thursday (I'm a first showing 7:00 guy at the standard Cinemark theater a few miles from my house).

I agree... people who want to look at spoilers ahead of time are welcome to post whatever they want on here. I only have one request:

Don't read spoilers and then go over to the other thread and pretend like you really don't know anything and make "guesses" about what you think happens in the movie. That's being a big D-Bag!!!
AgsMnn
AG
Anything released yet?
PatriotAg02
AG
Only thing I've seen is Kirk Herbstreit saying on Twitter that the movie is more like the original 3 movies and less like the prequels.
TCTTS
AG
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:

Why do they do that for trailers?

Is it stuff they had in the movie originally and just got left out of the final cut?
TCTTS
AG
Basically, yeah. Most trailers are cut long before the final cut of the movie is locked.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
Well this kind of sucks...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.