***** Brace for Impact: The Official Houston Texans 2021 Thread *****

224,491 Views | 2737 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MelvinUdall
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bilbobag said:

Nick made the deal..

Big E is making everyone miserable with his cultural ****

What culture? Lose every game? Trade anyone that has a pulse?
maca1028
bilbobag said:

Nick made the deal..

Big E is making everyone miserable with his cultural ****

This is by far the worst run organization in the history of Houston sports. Yet it's so entertaining to watch.
Ag_07
AG
Big E really is a mastermind manipulator.

He doesn't get direct involvement in personnel but he creates a culture players hate so they are miserable and ask out.

At the end of the day he gets his way.

Gotta give it to him. That's top level con artist manipulation.
The Porkchop Express
He was an incredible rookie and the greatest defensive player in the game for 4 straight seasons. Should have on an MVP. Came back from 2 massive injuries to have a 16-sack season and lead the league in forced fumbles. 11 years in the league is way above the average and he'll be a first-ballot HOFer. His only real mistake was being loyal to a really ****ty franchise that was never going to get to a Super Bowl. Otherwise, if he hangs it up now, there's nothing left to prove. Second all-time in Tackles for a Loss, that's nuts.
bilbobag
You have that annoying friend that you always seem to run into , always at the same place, or turn around and there he is?

That's Jack.

He's not a coach, he not a life coach and he sure in the hell isn't a leader. He plays everyone to his own benefit.

Cal needs to sell because that's the only way Jack leaves. Dude is dirty.
Teddy Perkins
AG
bilbobag said:

You have that annoying friend that you always seem to run into , always at the same place, or turn around and there he is?

That's Jack.

He's not a coach, he not a life coach and he sure in the hell isn't a leader. He plays everyone to his own benefit.

Cal needs to sell because that's the only way Jack leaves. Dude is dirty.
redag06
Being #2 in TFL isn't really that big of an accomplishment since the NFL didn't start recording the stat until 1999. I'm sure guys like LT and Bruce Smith, etc had more TFL's than JJ.

A stat that at one point it looked like JJ would have an opportunity at breaking he is currently # 31 all time. And tied for #2 in current players. He is 98 sacks behind Bruce Smith & 8.5 behind Von for current leader.

Bruce's record is mind boggling that he was able to do that during a time when the game had less passing than it does now.

* side note- I just saw picture of Bruce Smith's halloween decoration in his front yard. It was head stones for all of the QB's who he sacked during his career. 76 Headstones
The Porkchop Express
redag06 said:

Being #2 in TFL isn't really that big of an accomplishment since the NFL didn't start recording the stat until 1999. I'm sure guys like LT and Bruce Smith, etc had more TFL's than JJ.

A stat that at one point it looked like JJ would have an opportunity at breaking he is currently # 31 all time. And tied for #2 in current players. He is 98 sacks behind Bruce Smith & 8.5 behind Von for current leader.

Bruce's record is mind boggling that he was able to do that during a time when the game had less passing than it does now.

* side note- I just saw picture of Bruce Smith's halloween decoration in his front yard. It was head stones for all of the QB's who he sacked during his career. 76 Headstones
Why isn't being #2 in a category of all defensive players over the past 22 seasons not a big deal?

#1 is Suggs; 202 TFL in 244 games
#2 is Watt: 177 TFL in 112 games
#3 is Peppers: 175 TFL in 266 games
#4 is a tie between Jared Allen and DeMarcus Ware with 171 each. Allen needed 178 games to get there, Ware needed 187.

He did more than anyone except Suggs in fewer games, and is only 25 games TFL behind Suggs in 132 fewer games!
bilbobag
Quote:

"In his role, Easterby manages all football operations and DIRECTS THE OVERALL CULTURE of the organization."

Someone sent me this gem. It's in his bio..
Jackal99
AG
Just heard the guys on 610 talking about that exact quote. Lopez said it wasn't there the last time he read Jack's bio. He also said Jack's bio is the longest on the site, even longer than Cal's.
redag06
Because he isn't compared to guys like Suggs he is compared to LT, who played when the stat wasn't recorded.
jbanda
AG
I just read the bio. Cringe-worthy to say the least.

Quote:

In Easterby's first year with Houston, the Texans put together a 10-6 regular season and captured the AFC South title on the back of a 4-2 division record and signature wins against the eventual Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs, the New England Patriots, the Tennessee Titans, and in London, a win against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Houston went on to defeat the Buffalo Bills in the Wild Card Round and earn its fourth appearance in the AFC Divisional Round in franchise history. As a result of the team's success, Easterby was named executive vice president of football operations on Jan. 28, 2020.

Together with Head Coach and General Manager Bill O'Brien, Easterby helped re-shape the Texans roster prior to the 2019 season. Houston executed five trades before the season to acquire pivotal pieces to its division title run: T Laremy Tunsil and WR Kenny Stills from Miami, RB Duke Johnson from Cleveland, OLB Jacob Martin and OLB Barkevious Mingo from Seattle, RB Carlos Hyde from Kansas City and CB Keion Crossen from New England. During the season, the team landed CB Gareon Conley from Oakland to give them eight key contributors acquired via trade. Tunsil was named to his first career Pro Bowl after bolstering the left tackle position and signed a contract extension with the Texans in April 2020, while Hyde put together the first 1,000-yard season of his six-year career. Stills added to the receiving core by catching 40 balls and averaging 14.0 yards per reception while adding four touchdowns and his first-career postseason touchdown grab in the AFC Divisional Round.
The Porkchop Express
Holy **** that bio needs a laugh track on it. Bragging about acquiring barkeivous Mingo? The signature window over the chiefs? Kinda forgot about the historic loss to them in the playoffs. 99.999999999999% certain Jack wrote that himself.
Texan_Aggie
AG
I just got an email from the team saying they've noted that I've not attended any games this year and to complete a survey as to why. There were like 20 different options to choose from including COVID, personal reasons, gameday experience. Buried in the options was "direction of the team".

Likely will fall on deaf ears, but I was at least surprised they were aware enough to realize long-time season ticket holders are out.
bigjag19
AG
But not an option for JE?
Texan_Aggie
AG
I guess you could put it under "Other".
lunchbox
JACKPOT!

Buck Compton
AG
lunchbox said:

JACKPOT!

2024 7th rounder. About equal to a case of Gatorade.
Ag_07
AG
I just happen to hear Seth Payne ranting on this 7th round pick equating it to digging out the dirt from under your fingernails and hoping to find gold dust.
jbanda
AG
And he was drunk AF too
Sea Speed
AG
Seth Paynes rants where he obviously stands 5 feet from the microphone because he is yelling so much.
bilbobag
Go listen to Mark's interview on how the trade happened. This is why I said Cooks knew.. When Mark said he would sleep on it, it was him discussing it with teammates and weighing his options. It's weird how upset Cooks was about it.

Ingrams trade was mutual like so said and Nick doing a solid for a Vet player
The Porkchop Express
bilbobag said:

Go listen to Mark's interview on how the trade happened. This is why I said Cooks knew.. When Mark said he would sleep on it, it was him discussing it with teammates and weighing his options. It's weird how upset Cooks was about it.

Ingrams trade was mutual like so said and Nick doing a solid for a Vet player
The Texans are turning into a thrift shop. Teams come when they need something cheap and are probably embarrassed to be seen there, but you can't beat the prices.
Ags #1
AG
Think thats true but not sure what sort of value ingram really had. He is pretty washed up
Ag_07
AG
POPPIN TAGS!!!!
mAgnoliAg
AG
Kenny Pickett new number 1 pick?
AG@RICE
AG

How is it possible they traded this guy?

Based upon this video, the head coach established Ingram as the team leader and by week 8 he is traded for basically nothing. There is no good reason to do this and Cooks is right to be angry. This move is a sign to all players and coaches that their current work is completely irrelevant and that the Texans have no immediate plans to be a real team.

I get that Caserio is "doing a solid for a Vet", but at the same time he is 100% undercutting any culture that they are trying to build. If the only goal of this season was to tank, the Texans are going to be bad for a loooooonnnnnngggggg time. They are too focused on playing the lottery and not trying to build a successful organization. Ultimately, it will never work because every rookie they draft will slowly drown in this lake of toxicity.

The entire Texans organization is a complete cluster F right now and it will take a miracle for them to ever return to functionality. Someone needs to convince Janice McNair that Cal is going to tarnish her family's name in this city. It might convince her to sell the team.
jbanda
AG
Well said.
Sea Speed
AG
Cal never got rid of the main cancer in easterby so i think it was a little short sighted to think there was going to be any major changes.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Holy **** first game all season that's actually on tv here in Fort Worth. I don't have to give my laptop aids today
Ag_07
AG
Couple things...

Ingram wanted out

And any culture they're building is coming from Big E and apparently Caserio isn't involved in that.

I could honestly see Caserio stepping down and going elsewhere very soon. No way he can operate how he wants with E running things.
Ag_07
AG
And holy hell there's no one there today.

Love to see that!
BoxingAg84
There's literally nobody there. This is great! They deserve every bit of this for what they've done to the fans.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVs3BSspnTu
Sea Speed
AG
Its maybe a tenth full.
mAgnoliAg
AG
The refs literally gave them 7 points. Wow egregious call

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.