**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,305 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nm
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
You are making assumptions that he is interested in pleasing his fans with a quick release
In my experience, people are seldom pleased with a quick release.
A "premature ePublication" if you will?
mid90
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
You are making assumptions that he is interested in pleasing his fans with a quick release
In my experience, people are seldom pleased with a quick release.
A "premature ePublication" if you will?

They have medicine for that nowadays. But call your publisher if no publication occurs after 4 years
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I just can't imagine Jon being stabbed in episode 10. Sure they could keep it quiet (maybe) that Harrington would be shooting after all, but there is no way they risk alienating the much more fickle TV show fans with a cliffhanger that kills off the show's most broadly appealing character. They WOULD lose viewers over Jon Snow being dead. There would be lots of non-readers that would be pissed enough, like the types who quit over the red wedding.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I just can't imagine Jon being stabbed in episode 10. Sure they could keep it quiet (maybe) that Harrington would be shooting after all, but there is no way they risk alienating the much more fickle TV show fans with a cliffhanger that kills off the show's most broadly appealing character. They WOULD lose viewers over Jon Snow being dead. There would be lots of non-readers that would be pissed enough, like the types who quit over the red wedding.

If book 6 is out before season 6 then jons fate will be known. And I don't think very many viewers were lost by the red wedding. In fact I'm pretty sure viewers went up after that. It made news and drew people in.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
In fact viewers were up every season until season 5. They could use something big like that. Dragons, death, surprises.
AustinAg2K
I really don't think Jon getting stabbed will really be that big of a cliff hanger. I mean, does anyone on here think he's done and we will never hear from again? I think all the readers of the books assume he's going to be back. The only question is how. I think the TV viewers will feel the same way.
redline248
AG
The average tv viewer isn't as smart as us, though.

Besides, it could be similar to the hound on the show. As far as we know, he's dead.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
I really don't think Jon getting stabbed will really be that big of a cliff hanger. I mean, does anyone on here think he's done and we will never hear from again? I think all the readers of the books assume he's going to be back. The only question is how. I think the TV viewers will feel the same way.
They don't have the benefit of LSH like we do.
ellebee
quote:
quote:

That's my thinking too. They know the mountain is coming back but that's because of qyburn, who is thousands of miles away. There have been plenty of shocking main character deaths that have stayed dead.

Did Melisandre leave the wall in the books?
SouthTexasAg06
AG
quote:

Did Melisandre leave the wall in the books?

No, I don't believe so.
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:
And they don't have the benefit of the prophecies or the tower of joy flashback. Nor do they have the warg chapters.

I have never spent much time on these books, so I didn't know the R+L=J theory until I started reading these show threads. So for me, the biggest hint that Jon would return was the opening chapter where the Wildling Wargs into an animal right before he dies. If any of you have read Robin Hobbs, then that scene would really stand out to you.

Wargin hasn't been addressed at all this season, which makes me think they're going to use another explanation for Jon's resurrection (assuming Jon wargs in the books and lives in his wolf until his resurrection). Or maybe Jon will warg while he's north of the wall. That could be a good way to work it in.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
LSH?
OnlyForNow
AG
Lady stone heart
The Debt
Lady stoneheart
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Gracias
Btron
AG
quote:

Up until this point in the show we have no reasoning to think that a main character will come back after being dead. Because it hasn't happened yet. Unless you count the white walkers. To quote Dookie, "there's no special kind of dead, they're just dead". That's how most of the TV audience views the show thus far.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:

Up until this point in the show we have no reasoning to think that a main character will come back after being dead. Because it hasn't happened yet. Unless you count the white walkers. To quote Dookie, "there's no special kind of dead, they're just dead". That's how most of the TV audience views the show thus far.
You are mistaken. Lord Beric clearly "came back." In Season Three, we saw Thoros bring him back after Beric was killed by Sandor Clegane. We also saw him discussing the fact that Thoros had resurrected him multiple times.
The Debt
The Debt
The Debt
Thread's 1000th post
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

You are mistaken. Lord Beric clearly "came back." In Season Three, we saw Thoros bring him back after Beric was killed by Sandor Clegane. We also saw him discussing the fact that Thoros had resurrected him multiple times.
I think you missed the part where he said "no main character".
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think you missed the part where he said "no main character".
yes, but....you wouldn't likely reveal that on a main character the first time, thats cheap. they set the groundwork for it by doing it with Beric. And also you have to wonder if that wasn't important and we were not going to see Beric again (we haven't) then why show it. They have to be economical with what they show. they tend to cut all unnecessary stuff. they could have just let Clegane kill Beric and be done - the end result was the same. Clegane went free and Arya left the Bw/oB after Beric sold Gendry to Melisandre.
Saxsoon
AG
But it was so inconsequential to the show. I know Beric was revived from the books but I had to look up on the show wiki if they even revived him or not. Nothing came of it, and honestly if I remember correctly it looks like he was more magically healed of a nasty wound than actually dead (I don't remember the scene so maybe it was more dramatic)
SpreadsheetAg
AG
IIRC the red priest jumped on top of him and started mumbling a prayer
rhutton125
AG

Thanks for the NSFW warning :/
rhutton125
AG
Wrong icon! Hahah
The Debt
quote:
Wrong icon! Hahah

It was a milestone post.

Thx.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Ah. That went right by me.
rhutton125
AG
Eyyyy, 1000!
Streetfighter 02
AG
Well damn...
RedbeardAG
AG
uhhhhh....yeah...
Hudson2508
AG
That was crossing the line in my book. First time I've ever actually been disappointed in how the show handled the plot changes. Rape of a Stark girl is too dark for my tastes.
TheCellarDoor
AG
Wtf?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.