**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,297 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
PMD03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't get why book readers post on the TV only thread at all. There are many online resources and forums to discuss the show with the knowledge of the books known. Check out westeros.org or towerofthehand, etc.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Way to double down over there.
Those idiots are acting as if I did something intentionally ... AND acting as if it were the end of the world.

Now I have to pull my DVDs and re-watch the Tyrion/Oberyn discussions, just to vindicated myself.
JJxvi
AG
lol. Good luck.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
Way to double down over there.
Those idiots are acting as if I did something intentionally ... AND acting as if it were the end of the world.

Now I have to pull my DVDs and re-watch the Tyrion/Oberyn discussions, just to vindicated myself.

No. What you have to do is stay off there...completely.

I tried to police that thread some last year knowing there were some book readers trying to act smart by "predicting" little things that were true and related to the larger surprises.....and I was up front about being a book reader and I was trying to help as it was obvious there were spoilers.

It did not end well for me and it won't end well for you.

well intentioned or not, accidental or not, it doesn't matter. Some of what I said accidentally and inadvertently could have been construed as a indication of whether some theory or prediction was valid or not. Once they know you are a book reader they will deconstruct everything you say and read more into it than you intended and may even make leaps to the truth that you did not expect or did not even allude to directly.

The only way to avoid that is to stay off there completely.
rhutton125
AG
Pretty sure the Mountain's Skull is a book-only thing.

RE: Stoneheart... I'm in the opposite camp. I loved Storm of Swords but was afraid that it may have jumped the shark in the epilogue. And I feel validated by that, because LSH hasn't done a thing in two whole books after. She shows up and hangs Brienne, but there's no way Brienne dies from that, so... all flash, no substance so far.

Adding LSH to the show would accomplish... what, exactly? Catelyn Stark died nearly two years ago - would the average TV viewer recognize her shriveled-up, throatless zombie form? And what would she do, kill some Freys that we haven't seen since season 3? The story has shifted far away from the Riverlands. As much as I liked the Brotherhood, they are long gone... as are the Starks, the Lannisters, etc.

I think the Brotherhood is gone for good, unless Melisandre takes another trip through Westeros like she did in season 3. But I think the TV producers would rather show another male nudity scene than take us back to the river lands for one dead, long-forgotten character. Even Littlefinger hasn't been mentioning Cat lately.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Pretty sure the Mountain's Skull is a book-only thing.

RE: Stoneheart... I'm in the opposite camp. I loved Storm of Swords but was afraid that it may have jumped the shark in the epilogue. And I feel validated by that, because LSH hasn't done a thing in two whole books after. She shows up and hangs Brienne, but there's no way Brienne dies from that, so... all flash, no substance so far.

Adding LSH to the show would accomplish... what, exactly? Catelyn Stark died nearly two years ago - would the average TV viewer recognize her shriveled-up, throatless zombie form? And what would she do, kill some Freys that we haven't seen since season 3? The story has shifted far away from the Riverlands. As much as I liked the Brotherhood, they are long gone... as are the Starks, the Lannisters, etc.

I think the Brotherhood is gone for good, unless Melisandre takes another trip through Westeros like she did in season 3. But I think the TV producers would rather show another male nudity scene than take us back to the river lands for one dead, long-forgotten character. Even Littlefinger hasn't been mentioning Cat lately.
agreed...i'm more intrigued by the idea of walking-dead-Hound than Lady Stoneheart - she would have just been a great cliffhanger for TV viewers at season 4 end. but otherwise does not offer much especially since she doesn't do much except provide Brienne with a tough choice. I have th feeling a zombie Hound would wreak havoc on the Freys and Boltons.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
Do even stream, bro?
JJxvi
AG
It's perfectly possible to post over there, but it kinda requires you to actually think about what you're doing.
JJxvi
AG
I also find it funny that they just want him to go away, but the way he says "vindicate" it seems like he wants to come back to them and say "ah-ha! Tyrion said this in scene 5 of episode 37! I win!" as if that would fix it all.
JJxvi
AG
Another white knight book reader steps up to help them define "spoiler" and specificly mentions "what happens in the books" to do it.
aggie93
AG
I used to post over there but don't anymore. With so many changes between the books and the show it is just a bad idea, too many crossed plots and accidental spoilers possible.
JJxvi
AG
The new guy posted that "Qyburn doesn't take the dwarf head in the books."

If you're capable of posting **** like that then yeah you don't need to be posting over there, because you obviously cant comprehend how logically there are lots of places a statement like that can take you (someone only watching the show has no idea about that event, it might be a critical key of a future plot point, and yet you just told them its so insignificant it doesn't even happen in the books), and thus are probably too ignorant to know you shouldn't be posting on that thread. Thus the issues with those types posting in the thread.
Saxsoon
AG
Ah the game of thrones TV only thread. That is ALWAYS worth a good laugh.
JJxvi
AG
He clearly still doesn't get, still over their babbling away claiming he did nothing wrong and will not change what he posts about in the future. What a dumbass.
cledus6150
AG
Or it is just a lot of fun to piss them off over there.

[Well, you are done doing that for the day and if you ignore our warnings it will be for a month. We don't allow that on this forum. -Staff]
JJxvi
AG
A dumbass AND an *******. Quite the combination.
Saxsoon
AG
There are some incredibly insecure people on that thread. Quite a few of them got their rocks off when they found out that the show would spoil the books. It was some sort of retribution for tjem
AG
you're a ****ty person.

and no i don't read this thread. i just searched your name to see if you post here. my last post in this thread as well.
LawAg05
AG
This drama with the TV only thread happens over and over. Always ends the same. Always funny too.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
This is what annoyed me about the response to my post regarding Ser Gregor over on the other thread.

The very first thing that I thought when they started attacking me was "Qyburn doesn't even TAKE the dwarf head in the books, so this is obviously new and not a "book spoiler" in the sense of disclosing what will happen in the Series. The very fact that Qyburn DID take the head on the Series was the reason that I found the whole topic interesting.

Then I realized that saying even-that would itself have been a spoiler, and I DID NOT TYPE IT.

I was NOT trying to "spoil" anything. If I had wanted to "spoil" anything, I WOULD HAVE TYPED IT.

Earlier, I had simply typed something that I MAY have mis-remembered (and I still think that one of the Lannisters promised Ser Gregor to Dorne), and I got tarred-and-feathered for it.

AND I got banned for a couple of hours.

All because I may not have eidetic memory of one line from one episode of a television program that I watched two or three YEARS AGO.

Ridiculous
Saxsoon
AG
I remember last year there was a total meltdown on that thread over someone CORRECTLY predicting that Stannis was heading north to the wall. I was still reading the books at the time while concurrently watching the show so I was on that thread. Everyone was tearing the guy a new ******* . . .EXCEPT for the fact that Melisandre specifically told Stannis a few episode prior that the true war was up north and that his attention should go there. I even remembered that but they still wouldn't let go of this guy.
Hudson2508
AG
This is easy, just don't post on the thread.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
This is what annoyed me about the response to my post regarding Ser Gregor over on the other thread.

The very first thing that I thought when they started attacking me was "Qyburn doesn't even TAKE the dwarf head in the books, so this is obviously new and not a "book spoiler" in the sense of disclosing what will happen in the Series. The very fact that Qyburn DID take the head on the Series was the reason that I found the whole topic interesting.

Then I realized that saying even-that would itself have been a spoiler, and I DID NOT TYPE IT.

I was NOT trying to "spoil" anything. If I had wanted to "spoil" anything, I WOULD HAVE TYPED IT.

Earlier, I had simply typed something that I MAY have mis-remembered (and I still think that one of the Lannisters promised Ser Gregor to Dorne), and I got tarred-and-feathered for it.

AND I got banned for a couple of hours.

All because I may not have eidetic memory of one line from one episode of a television program that I watched two or three YEARS AGO.

Ridiculous
ridiculos is trying to defend it...just stay off their thread. debate it here if you want. end of story.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I remember last year there was a total meltdown on that thread over someone CORRECTLY predicting that Stannis was heading north to the wall. I was still reading the books at the time while concurrently watching the show so I was on that thread. Everyone was tearing the guy a new ******* . . .EXCEPT for the fact that Melisandre specifically told Stannis a few episode prior that the true war was up north and that his attention should go there. I even remembered that but they still wouldn't let go of this guy.
yeah i got blasted for this....

AFTER joffrey was killed I was pointing out some earlier posts that might have been book readers trying to look smart.....one poster had predicted the necklace that dude gave Sansa might be really important (it ended up housing the poison jewel or whatever)....i mentioned that in the book it was an amethyst in a hairnet, very similar but different and i thought that leaping to the idea of the necklace being huge down the road seemed like a book reader who knew it would be something similar to the hairnet from the book....

any way I got roasted...not for a spoiler but for comparing the book vs. show at all....when i was just using it as an example of someone trying to look smart, not to compare the two in any way.

lesson learned. stay off that thread.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
So what are y'all's thought on the various conspiracy theories regarding Jon's parents?
Saxsoon
AG
Are you implying that ned stark wasn't jons dad based on book info?!
The Dog Lord
AG
Are you implying Jon Snow has parents at all?!?
redline248
AG
quote:

What's the Westerosi version of midichlorians?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

dragonsblood obviously
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

dragonsblood obviously

Jon was really born on Dragonstone.
LawAg05
AG
Would love to see the Hound come back, regardless of form. The actor was nails and his backstory as a homeless man is compelling.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Would love to see the Hound come back, regardless of form. The actor was nails and his backstory as a homeless man is compelling.
Even if he isn't the gravedigger, which it seems all but certain that he is, I can't see the show doing away with him. They probably won't follow that particular storyline, but there's no way they can pass up the showdown of the Hound and zombie Mountain.
Post removed:
by user
redline248
AG
Speaking of zombie mountain, I wonder if there are going to be similarities with how the wights are created and what Qyburn is doing. Or maybe he found some way to do what Thoros did for Beric?
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
I am not sure the show goes the zombie route at all. They might just leave it with the regular folks and the white walkers.
Qyburn did tell Cersei that he might be "changed" which might mean they are planning for it to be somewhat noticeable.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.