**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,377 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Both, although if you are just watching the show, you won't know what those spoilers are even talking about.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Not sure if that video/article is worth much. It could just be a shot of Loras reacting to Margaery being taken prisoner for allegedly ****ing all those dudes.

He doesn't have much to do in the next couple of books. Gets sent off to Dragonstone and gets wounded and I think that's where GRRM left it.
Marsh
AG
Photos of Cersei about to do her walk (all SFW)

Rumors on the interwebz that she changed her mind about filming nude and a stunt double will be performing the nude parts... I dont really care (we saw them in 300 already), as long as they do the scene correctly.
mid90
AG
Karrde
AG
As far as flashbacks go, isn't that something that can be introduced with Bran and the weirwood network? Is it confirmed that Bran will skip S5, or just Hodor? You could still do flashbacks with just Bran and the children.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
There was news today about Osha and Rickon being omitted from this season, but no mention of Bran and/or Hodor.

I'm guessing that Bran will be involved in this season, but maybe only in a few episodes. I just don't know what (from the books, anyway) they could really use to stretch out his story line as much as they did last season.
AggieSouth06
Are filming spoilers ok with you guys? Just in case I'll skip a bunch of lines...

They are filming the Daznak's Pit scenes this week and Tyrion is in them. Not sure if he's with Dany already or simply a spectator, but he definitely makes it to Mereen this season.

The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
There was news today about Osha and Rickon being omitted from this season, but no mention of Bran and/or Hodor.

I'm guessing that Bran will be involved in this season, but maybe only in a few episodes. I just don't know what (from the books, anyway) they could really use to stretch out his story line as much as they did last season.
I think there was a story on page 2 where Hodor mentioned he wouldn't be back for S5. He spoke in "we" terms as if it might be a break for Bran as well.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Are filming spoilers ok with you guys? Just in case I'll skip a bunch of lines...

They are filming the Daznak's Pit scenes this week and Tyrion is in them. Not sure if he's with Dany already or simply a spectator, but he definitely makes it to Mereen this season.

That's certainly an interesting development. I didn't think his story line would make it that far.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Not sure if he's with Dany already

Um, he's never with Dany in the books. I realize it makes sense that they will meet each other at some point, but other than seeing him from afar when he and Penny are narrowly saved from fighting lions, they have never met.
AggieSouth06
quote:
quote:
Not sure if he's with Dany already

Um, he's never with Dany in the books. I realize it makes sense that they will meet each other at some point, but other than seeing him from afar when he and Penny are narrowly saved from fighting lions, they have never met.

Right, I was just saying that it's unclear if he is filming scenes WITH Dany (implying the story moves ahead of the books) or just on the same set. Seems like they are actually interacting.

It stands to reason that we will get ahead of the books in some storylines next season.
Urban Ag
AG
getting ahead of the books in season five is completely unnecessary. If Martin can actually pull off releasing WOW between HBO season 5 and 6, there is more than enough unused book material to make a very good season 5.

Then again, I already convinced myself that WOW is the last book and HBO will finish the story. So whatever I guess.
Marsh
AG
http://watchersonthewall.com/flashbacks-volantis-filming-confirmed-game-thrones-season-5/

Of note:

• David Benioff and D.B. Weiss confirmed that there will be flashbacks in season 5, despite their previous assertions that there would never be flashbacks on the show. This is line with leaked info from a few months ago, regarding the casting of characters such as M**** the Frog and young Cersei.
  • There may be true spoilers from The Winds of Winter in season 5. The answer on the subject was unclear, but the vibe the attendees got from the producers was a strong maybe, leaning toward yes.
It looks like Bronn and Jaime have secured the Dornish guards' costumes, and are up to no good. It seems like this may be how they sneak into the palace and find Myrcella, as this leak hints.
The Dog Lord
AG
Reread of AFfC starts tonight. I didn't hate it the first time since I lowered my expectations, but I know I'll enjoy it much better this time around anyway. Picking up so much more on my reread of the series.
mid90
AG
quote:
getting ahead of the books in season five is completely unnecessary. If Martin can actually pull off releasing WOW between HBO season 5 and 6, there is more than enough unused book material to make a very good season 5.

Then again, I already convinced myself that WOW is the last book and HBO will finish the story. So whatever I guess.

Sansa's HBO story has already caught up with the books, and there's been no mention of Sophie Turner not being in Season 5
mid90
AG
The real question is will season 6 finish before WoW is published?

I fear the answer is yes
Marsh
AG
LOST'S ADEWALE AKINNUOYE-AGBAJE JOINS GAME OF THRONES

quote:
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, of Lost and Thor: The Dark World fame, has signed on to a role in the upcoming fifth season of Game of Thrones.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, not much has been revealed about the actor's place on the HBO show, but it is said that the actor's character isn't in the books and goes by the name of Malko.
Saxsoon
AG
I don't know why you need a flashback of Maggie the frog. Just have her mention it to a servant or the Dornish woman she keeps around and have her introduced.
The Dog Lord
AG
I remember people thinking of him for Areo Hotah before the actor playing him was released. I wonder who he will end up being?
redline248
AG
I was thinking Aero until I read not in book. Dorne or Meeren are the most likely places for him, no?
AggieSouth06
I'm guessing some condensed/combined version of Moqorro. He was with Tyrion and Jorah for a short time. If they are eliminating much or all of the Aegon story, they'll need to beef that up.
AggieSouth06
BIG SHOW SPOILER ALERT (yeah I know this is a spoiler thread, but fair warning):

It appears Tyrion and Dany join forces prior to Daznak's Pit in the show. It also appears from her dress that the fighting pits reopening are some sort of wedding celebration.

redline248
AG
Isn't that Daario in the background? Isn't she supposed to send him off, or he leaves, before that?

Also, I hate just about everything coming in Mereen at this point, even if it appeared to finally get Dany back on track.
Saxsoon
AG
We are really going to be deviating/going forward this season.
AggieSouth06
quote:
We are really going to be deviating/going forward this season.

There's no way around it. AFFC and ADWD are such a tangent from the mostly-linear stories of the first three books that the show producers have to find clever ways to keep things moving along and main characters involved.

Plus, it's not really their fault that GRRM can't seem to finish books these days. They have to keep moving.
Wes97
AG
I wonder if they are going to substitute the poison from being in the food to that bottled water?
LawAg05
AG
quote:
BIG SHOW SPOILER ALERT (yeah I know this is a spoiler thread, but fair warning):

It appears Tyrion and Dany join forces prior to Daznak's Pit in the show. It also appears from her dress that the fighting pits reopening are some sort of wedding celebration.

I'm glad they found a water bottle to put under Dany's chair at the fighting pits. Would hate to see a parched mother of dragons.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Another big change, look who shows up to fight in the games

Check out the crowd. Is this an Astros game?

jenn96
AG
quote:
Wow. Maybe the producers decided to condense the entire Meereen plot suck of awful into a single episode! Seriously though, I have no problem with condensing and streamlining that entire plot, it was like being beaten with a wet haddock. I am intrigued about how Tyrion ended up on the dais, looking like Bear Grylls.
hunter2012
AG
I really think we are going to see a complete plot split from the books, this seems to happen often where a show outpaces the books. I think we see something similar to Full metal alchemist as far as the split goes.
AggieSouth06
quote:
I really think we are going to see a complete plot split from the books, this seems to happen often where a show outpaces the books. I think we see something similar to Full metal alchemist as far as the split goes.

They won't split, but they will condense/combine (to an even greater degree than they already have). They know the rest of the story for every character and they'll stick to it. They'll just have to improvise some of the details.

Essentially, the show will spoil the books. You'll just get a much more detailed account of every single damn meal eaten along the way.
Saxsoon
AG
FMA and FMA:B is a great comparison here.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I would guess that Tyrion (sans Penny) ends up about to get eaten or killed in the arena, and Dany demands he is spared out of pity, and brought up to sit on the dais and eat with her - with her totally unaware who he is.

Maybe he's even pitted against Jorah Mormont and she doesn't want that battle, so she gives Mormont the other guy to fight.

Regardless, I doubt she's aware who Tyrion is at this particular moment. Although considering his character's love of dragons (in the book at least), I will really enjoy seeing Tyrion's face when Drogon appears (assuming that stays in).
hunter2012
AG
That's kind of what I mean, sure the major events still happen(i.e. main character deaths, major battles, and plot twists), but short of these critical events I think it will diverge greatly from the books. We've already seen this in the last season. I've been getting a very different feel from the show anyway...

Also I'm glad you spoke up Marsuvees. I wasn't sure if anyone would understand my comparison. I don't know how many on the Eboard watch anime.
AggieSouth06
quote:
I would guess that Tyrion (sans Penny) ends up about to get eaten or killed in the arena, and Dany demands he is spared out of pity, and brought up to sit on the dais and eat with her - with her totally unaware who he is.

Maybe he's even pitted against Jorah Mormont and she doesn't want that battle, so she gives Mormont the other guy to fight.

Regardless, I doubt she's aware who Tyrion is at this particular moment. Although considering his character's love of dragons (in the book at least), I will really enjoy seeing Tyrion's face when Drogon appears (assuming that stays in).

Definitely possible. Especially given the fact that Barristan -- the only person in her entourage that would instantly recognize him -- isn't up there with them.

On the flip side, he isn't really dressed like a slave or a fighter. Looks more like formal wear.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.