**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,207 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
mid90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
The combined forces of Houses Frey, Manderly, Aaron, Tyrell, and Tarly

House Aaron? Are their words "We Do Not Bunt"?

April is coming.
wangus12
AG
Haha, A Dream of Spring could be a picture book
Inspector Spacetime
AG
House Aaron could also just borrow House Martell's words:

"Unbunt, Unbowed, Unbroken"

and if you're not a Barry Bonds fan, "Unbunt, Unbowed, Record Unbroken"
redline248
Urban Ag
AG
easy nerds, I knew it was wrong but was in too big a hurry to fix it
Al Bula
AG
quote:
quote:
The combined forces of Houses Frey, Manderly, Aaron, Tyrell, and Tarly

House Aaron? Are their words "We Do Not Bunt"?
That.Is.Fcking.Hilarious!
Hodor
AG
quote:
I really want to see this series just end up ****ty for everyone. Jon dies, Dany dies, Tyrion dies, Sansa and Arya dies.

And left standing . . . zombie Tywin and his manservant Hodor.

Hodor!
Inspector Spacetime
AG

So the GoT TV show official Facebook page posted and made this picture their cover photo yesterday. I know there's a part in the books where Tyrion sees a big black shadow in the mist while on the boat with Young Griff, but it looks like they're going to give him a solid Drogon sighting to push along the Tyrion turning queen-maker story.

I don't imagine this changes much on the Young Griff front, though I guess I can dream.
JCRiley09
AG
That's one of the most badass things I've ever seen.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
looks like I'll be ordering HBO on April 11.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Or torrent and save yourself the money. Just buy the damn boxset later if you feel guilty.
OnlyForNow
AG
Explain this torrent process to me. I don't feel guilty btw
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
quote:
Or torrent and save yourself the money. Just buy the damn boxset later if you feel guilty.
When is the HBO GO individual service starting? If it hasn't already and it's close, it wouldn't surprise me to see them launch that product with the GoT season starting. If so, get that, or better yet just use a friend's password since HBO definitely could not care less if you do.
hunter2012
AG
Jaqen H'ghar returns

It appears he'll take the place of the kindly man, or does the Old Town Cameo come to fruition?

Still no confirmed Stoneheart, but that would probably be a well kept secret...
Saxsoon
AG
Pretty sure they will have him be the Kindly man.
Al Bula
AG
Any word on actor Roger Allam returning as Illyrio Mopatis? I'm still thinking they roll Illyrio and Varys into one character. Despite filming at a place that is supposed to be Illyrion's manse, haven't seen anything saying the character will be in Season 5. That sucks.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
https://amp.twimg.com/v/8f5b388c-0052-4c6c-ae53-9cd4aefaae23

New official trailer is up!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
too much stuff going on there for me to understand half of it. definitely seems to be veering away from the books; looked like TOmmen was being confronted by the high sparrow, et . al? And Brienne was someplace very snowy - the wall? the eyrie? its really going to be odd seeing a show based on books Ive read but now knowing what comes next.

kid playing tommen is 17; margarey is 33. that kid is a pimp.
Saxsoon
AG
Tommen actor is 17,and Margaret is 33?! Damn she looks good
Inspector Spacetime
AG
At this point, we may have to consider that snow could be starting to fall further south than it has been, based on where some of the show is in the books
redbaron788
AG
After checking AWOIAF, it was snowing heavily in King's Landing in the epilogue to Dance so she could be anywhere north of there. Probably headed to Winterfell though, suspecting Arya might head that way

Also, from the trailer, it seems that the fighting pits has replaced the boar fight with the Brazen Beasts Sons of the Harpy (the masks confused me) turning against Dany
Saxsoon
AG
HBO online streaming has been announced for early April exclusive to Apple Products. $15/month with the first month free if you register in April
OnlyForNow
AG
Hell yes!
wangus12
AG
Man screw Apple
Saxsoon
AG
Apple

I am surprised there won't be a web browser experience. That is a hell of an exclusivity deal in this day and age.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Pretty solid trailer speculation and frame by frames from IGN here.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/game-of-thrones/Season_5_Trailer_2_Analysis
AggieSouth06
quote:
Pretty solid trailer speculation and frame by frames from IGN here.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/game-of-thrones/Season_5_Trailer_2_Analysis

I love these articles. They need to correct two captions though.

"This likely isn't Tyrion seeing a dragon because he's not on Mereen yet in the books."
This scene happens in the books (it's the damn poster for the season), and it's been well-documented that he makes it to Mereen and interacts with Dany this season.

"An unknown man assails the High Sparrow."
That's Loras
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Thinking maybe when the Boltons claim the north as Ramsay weds "Arya" it prompts Littlefinger/Sansa to rally the Vale to take back Winterfell. Not a big Sansa fan, but would be pretty awesome to see Ramsay put in his place by Sansa showing up to claim Winterfell, although not sure where Stannis / Jon / The Wildings would fit into there.

AggieSouth06
http://imgur.com/a/cDDCW

Amazing shot by shot done by someone that has entirely too much time. There's a huge mind**** towards the end regarding a shot where someone was painted out.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Cool find, looks like the Lannister boys are up to things that GGRM hasn't written or written yet.

I'd say based on the photos that Grey Worm is going to get mortally wounded, then get a smooch from Missandei before kicks it.
redline248
AG
quote:
The Sparrows are set loose in King's Landing, eliminating all signs of sin. Beer is now sin. I now hate the Sparrows.
Saxsoon
AG
Sansa's story seems the most diverged/going forward with her back at winterfell
hunter2012
AG
I'm not sure about the speculation about Sansa, but it is possible I suppose.

I still think the High Sparrow is Howland Reed, that's the perfect position to wreck shop on Ned's enemies...

Also the Sand snakes are going to be...fun.
The Dog Lord
AG
Just in case anyone wants to look at the descriptions of the first three episodes: https://us.beamly.com/exclusives/2015/03/09/game-thrones-spoilers-season-5-episode-descriptions/?utm_source=facebookads&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=gotspoilers.

It seems that Tyrion is in Volantis by episode 3. Definitely moving him right along from Episode 1 where we assume he is in Pentos.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Thinking maybe when the Boltons claim the north as Ramsay weds "Arya" it prompts Littlefinger/Sansa to rally the Vale to take back Winterfell. Not a big Sansa fan, but would be pretty awesome to see Ramsay put in his place by Sansa showing up to claim Winterfell, although not sure where Stannis / Jon / The Wildings would fit into there.

Some are thinking that she might even be the new fake Arya (fake Sansa?). They're also saying since no Manderly has been cast, she could also take his place in the revenge plot (hence Littlefinger's "avenge them").

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.