**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,340 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just got a serious nostalgia boner.
marble rye
AG
Holy **** the TV watchers thread is full of whiney cvnts.

"I think the High Sparrow might be gay"
"Maybe Cersei will have another baby and THAT will be the little brother that kills her."

"Why haven't we heard anything about this High Sparrow dude and all of his followers before now?"

"Bc it wasn't to be revealed who he could be."

"OMG BEGONE FROM THIS THREAD YOU VILE BOOK READER INTERNET RESEARCHER POSTULATOR."
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
You aren't going to get sympathy over here.
marble rye
AG
Wasn't looking for any. Just thought it was comical.
AggieSouth06
New episode names/synopses!

Episode 9: A Dance of Dragons
Jon returns to the wall. Arya runs into someone from her past. Mace visits the Iron Bank. Stannis faces a difficult decision. Daenerys oversees a celebration of athleticism.

Implying...
  • Jon returns to the wall... My guess is his body returns to the wall. Something about that sentence seems foreboding.
  • Arya runs into... Meryn Trant gets dead
  • Mace visits the Iron Bank... Straightforward. We get to see Tycho again.
  • Stannis faces a difficult decision... Shireen
  • Dany oversees... Daznak's pit. Sons of the Harpy. Dragons. Mayhem.
For episode 10, we don't have a synopsis yet, but we do have a name:

"Winter"
The Debt
Any thoughts on this (discussion of LF's gift):

quote:
I think there are a few possibilities:
1) Robbyn Arryn (to marry, possibly Princess Marcella)
2) High Sparrow's son (to hostage)
3) High Sparrow's lover (to wreck the Sparrows)
4) Someone that gets Loras out of trouble (remember Cercei is still betrothed to Loras)(LF saying its a gift to Cercei is him being cute)

Why #1 is a gift to Ollena? The Martells (Snakes/Dorne) and the Tyrells (Flowers/Highgarden) are mortal enemies, they are the two
kingdoms of the South and have always been at each others throats. If
the Martells get Marcella to marry Tristain, any males that marriage
produce are heirs to the thrown. (Assuming Tommen doesnt seed Marg, or
dies mysteriously).

If LF can get Marcella to marry Arryn, that will make the Arryn the father of the King (get Marg to kill King Tommen), Highgarden will have
marginalized the Martells (and the Lannisters too). Remember what LF
said before telling her about his gift "our fates are intertwined". So,
I think LF plans to marry Arryn to Marcella, but this leaves him an
eligible bachelor (say Marg?). But I wouldnt put it past him to change
the cast for the Arryn/Marcella wedding to include himself. Remember he
is the Lord of Harrenhall, the largest castle, so he would technically
be suitable for a royal wedding.

Greeze06
AG
Pretty sure John returns alive to the wall.

I thought his gift was Lancel.....who poured it all out to high sept on incriminating cersei
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Pretty sure John returns alive to the wall.

I thought his gift was Lancel.....who poured it all out to high sept on incriminating cersei
well...it was odd the way the high septon talked - it was as if Lancel had done that a while ago. he did not talk as if it was a new revelation. seemed more like he knew all along and just waited for the right time to grab Cersei.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
New episode names/synopses!

Episode 9: A Dance of Dragons
Jon returns to the wall. Arya runs into someone from her past. Mace visits the Iron Bank. Stannis faces a difficult decision. Daenerys oversees a celebration of athleticism.

Implying...
  • Jon returns to the wall... My guess is his body returns to the wall. Something about that sentence seems foreboding.
  • Arya runs into... Meryn Trant gets dead
  • Mace visits the Iron Bank... Straightforward. We get to see Tycho again.
  • Stannis faces a difficult decision... Shireen
  • Dany oversees... Daznak's pit. Sons of the Harpy. Dragons. Mayhem.
For episode 10, we don't have a synopsis yet, but we do have a name:

"Winter"

Jon - doubt that, it woud mean he is killed in Ep. 8.....more likely they go on this expedition in ep. 8 which saves the wildlings and gets them to come south of the wall....ep. 9 jon returns to the wall and the nights watch turns on him and he is killed at the end of ep. 9....and then in ep. 10 we get the surprise at the very end with his funeral scene and he walks out of the fire...end season

what is not mentioned there in ep. 9 then and needs resolving...possibilities for ep. 10.....

Cersei - gets her punsihment and The Mountain/Robert Strong returns

Jamie/Bronn/Dorne - whatever is gonna happen with that? I suspect Jamie barely escapes with Myrcella somehow.

the big battle for Winterfell - Ramsay dies, Stannis?? Brienne rescues Sansa/ Theon

Arya - either completed her training or is blinded depending how they want to end it and if they leave that out...i suspect she is left blinded.

Dany - well depends what all is in ep. 9 obviously the fighting pits and she likely flies off on Drogon...so could have the last epeisode with her in the desert, near death, then returning on Drogon.

i'm betting the whole thing either ends with her and the dragons or with Jon rising from the flames....or both.
MW03
AG
quote:
Jamie/Bronn/Dorne - whatever is gonna happen with that? I suspect Jamie barely escapes with Myrcella somehow.

I vote that Jaime wakes up from a fevered dream with both hands and tells his best friend Bronn that he had a crazy dream about a ridiculous place called Dorne.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
Arya - either completed her training or is blinded depending how they want to end it and if they leave that out...i suspect she is left blinded.
So far this season has done little in terms of advancing Arya's quest to becoming a faceless man. The only training she's received so far is that of a chamber maid. I dont see how they can fast forward her story to full-blown assassin by then.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
So far this season has done little in terms of advancing Arya's quest to becoming a faceless man. The only training she's received so far is that of a chamber maid. I dont see how they can fast forward her story to full-blown assassin by then.
agreed...thats why i think she does the one killing and is blinded before the end of the season.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

I vote that Jaime wakes up from a fevered dream with both hands and tells his best friend Bronn that he had a crazy dream about a ridiculous place called Dorne.
i would not object to that - lol...
The Debt
The only thing that is amiss about Jon being reborn is one rule we learn about blood magic "only death can bring back life."

Oh shtt there it is! Stannis is gonna kill Shirreen to ensure his victory at Winterfell, but that death will be at the same time as Jon's pyre.
Post removed:
by user
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
The only thing that is amiss about Jon being reborn is one rule we learn about blood magic "only death can bring back life."

Oh shtt there it is! Stannis is gonna kill Shirreen to ensure his victory at Winterfell, but that death will be at the same time as Jon's pyre.
...and cut to Melisandre who stares into the flames and sees that.....and gets the biggest "oh SH*T" look on her face when she realizes....<awkward>glance to stannis.....
MW03
AG
A man is ready for Arya's story to pick up.
The Debt
The thing about Azor Ahai is that he is prophesied to defeat the Nemesis, not sit on the Throne. There is a possibility that Jon can be Neo, but Stannis ends up in KL's.
Zeke1995
AG
quote:
quote:

I vote that Jaime wakes up from a fevered dream with both hands and tells his autistic son sitting with a snow globe that he had a crazy dream about a ridiculous place called Dorne.

FIFY
AggieSouth06
Also, per Watchers on the Wall, they are casting the following characters for next season:

- Euron Greyjoy
- Randyll Tarley (and wife and son)
- Young Ned and Robert
- A few more characters that are harder to ID

So Sam goes to Oldtown, interacts with his family along the way, and gets caught up in Euron's conquest of the Reach?

Bran sees a "flashback" in his treevision?

Speculate away.
Urban Ag
AG
I really, really, don't think Stannis is going to allow Shireen to be killed. Now, if Mel is sent back to the wall I could definitely see the Queen allowing it to happen and Jon being re-born. This will probably lead to Stannis having his wife killed and banishing Mel. Then maybe Stannis can take a hottie younger wife and his troops won't make fun of him behind his back so much

Stannis is survivor. And I really don't think they injected the heartfelt scene with his daughter if they were not at least trying to make the viewing audience warm up to him more. I still think in the end that he sits the Iron Throne.
redline248
AG
quote:
I really, really, don't think Stannis is going to allow Shireen to be killed. Now, if Mel is sent back to the wall I could definitely see the Queen allowing it to happen and Jon being re-born. This will probably lead to Stannis having his wife killed and banishing Mel. Then maybe Stannis can take a hottie younger wife and his troops won't make fun of him behind his back so much

Stannis is survivor. And I really don't think they injected the heartfelt scene with his daughter if they were not at least trying to make the viewing audience warm up to him more. I still think in the end that he sits the Iron Throne.

He used some weird magic to have his own brother killed. They very well could have used that scene to set up that he'll do anything to accomplish what he thinks is his right.

Also, imo there is zero chance he wins the throne. A king needs heirs.
Post removed:
by user
The Debt
quote:
quote:

He used some weird magic to have his own brother killed. They very well could have used that scene to set up that he'll do anything to accomplish what he thinks is his right.

Yet some people root for Dany...
Urban Ag
AG
Stannis will make some heirs with a nice young highborn maid once old hairy lip is outta the way.

And I think he will sit the throne because.................he is the true heir to it. I think this whole thing is going to circle back to where it started.

I also think it would fit Martin's personality to be like "well duh, he was the rightful heir".

Or I could be completely off and it aint even close.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

...and a personality....good or bad.

those that ruled the Iron Throne that we know of directly:

Aerys II - the mad king - check
Robert Baratheon - the usurper - check
Joffrey Baratheon - sadistic ******* - check
Tommen - the boy king - ok this leaves something to be desired, but thats why we are fighting for it, he is not long for this throne or there would be no plot

plus, in the past a bunch of interesting Targaryens ruled....

recent or current claimants:
Viserys - quite the spoiled petulent whiner - check but dead
Renly - charismatic to say the least and gay as a parade - check
Daenerys - mother of dragons and all that - check
Robb - the young wolf, quite a military man - check but dead
Aegon - in the books, interesting back story, could be fake - check

and then

Stannis - slightly more interesting than cardboard, only the red priestess makes him interesting really...and she is known to be wrong sometimes (doh!).
M.C. Swag
AG
By all means and measures, Stannis is the rightful King. His brother took the throne and sired no legitimate sons or daughters....too bad GoT never adheres to what's right.
The Debt
quote:
I also think it would fit Martin's personality to be like "well duh, he was the rightful heir".

Or I could be completely off and it aint even close.
The Dance with Dragons. Wasnt it the quelled Blackwater-Targs' rebellion? Werent the victors the rightful Targaryens anyway. It could be there is an ounce of cosmic justice. Maybe.

This universe has gods. think about it.
MW03
AG
Maybe Melisandre has known that Jon Snow is Azor all along and plans to kill Stannis to resurrect Jon Snow. She seems pretty keen on the power of King's blood...
The Debt
Why does a character have to be charismatic or interesting to be worthy of the Throne in some eyes?

We have only seen him fight once, and he looked like he was wrecking it. Matter of fact Baratheons have always been mean bast-ard warriors, all except Renly.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
By all means and measures, Stannis is the rightful King. His brother took the throne and sired no legitimate sons or daughters....too bad GoT never adheres to what's right.
only because his brother took it through force and with Jamie's help.

rightfully it belongs to the Targaryens and has for hundreds of years...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Why does a character have to be charismatic or interesting to be worthy of the Throne in some eyes?

We have only seen him fight once, and he looked like he was wrecking it. Matter of fact Baratheons have always been mean bast-ard warriors, all except Renly.
because it's a story and people don't like boring stories....outside of the battle at the wall Stannis has been very boring.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
quote:
only because his brother took it through force and with Jamie's help.

rightfully it belongs to the Targaryens and has for hundreds of years...
Since Robert Baretheon deposed the Targaryens, all Targaryen rule would technically be invalidated as long as a Baratheon monarchy continues. Under this definition, Stannis is the rightful heir, since we know that Cersei's children are technically *******s.
The Debt
quote:
quote:
only because his brother took it through force and with Jamie, Ned, Hoster Tully, and Jon Arryn's help.

rightfully it belongs to the Targaryens and has for hundreds of years since they defeated the seven KINGdoms and forced houses under them.
fify
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yet some people root for Dany...

If they had included Young Griff, she would have an heir that wasn't her child (although he actually has a better claim to the throne). I was thinking the books would end with her on the throne and him as heir but I guess not

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.