**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,230 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got the email from HBO Next to sign up! GoT here we go!
mid90
AG
quote:
I wonder if this is going to be like the stoneheart spoiler Lena Hedley posted last year.

I pretty much hate her forever now.
Quad Dog
AG
If you want a hilarious recap of deaths so far, Key & Peele have it.
hunter2012
AG
saw this mini clip

The flashing montage of Jon Snow yelling, could that be the "scene" at the end of book 5? Alot of people in close proximity yelling at each other... It's either that or their rescue attempt on the frozen wildling shores...
redbaron788
AG
I'm thinking it's at Hardhome with the wildlings, but the situation for that scene could be set up much differently than what we know from the books
Ridge14
hunter2012
AG
So can we start discussion since the first 3 episodes leaked? Or are we treating this like the "sample chapters" from Winds of Winter?

It is the spoiler thread so...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
no..it's the BOOK spoilers thread, not the show spoilers thread.

book readers/spoilers means: book readers and book spoilers allowed.

Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
So can we start discussion since the first 3 episodes leaked?

Say what? Leaked on torrent sites or something? Hadn't heard about this while away for a wedding weekend.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
So can we start discussion since the first 3 episodes leaked?

Say what? Leaked on torrent sites or something? Hadn't heard about this while away for a wedding weekend.
look on this forum - there is a thread about it called "Game of Thrones Leak" with a link...4 episodes on there now.

i'm not watching it. i watch with wife and kid and want to enjoy that together.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I'm with ya... My roommate and I will have to make that choice but we're looking at having our friends over to watch most episodes so I imagine we'll do it the honest way too. Plus, if you binge thru the first 4 episodes you're back to waiting a month for new GoT again.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
plus i'm re-reading book 5 right now and i'm only halfway through...hopefully thats enough to stay ahead of the show (except where it is already past it - i'm skipping those chapters like Bran).

Al Bula
AG
not watching leaked episodes
MW03
AG
quote:
not watching leaked episodes

Same here. If you all want to talk about them, say so now so i can drop out, please.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Go talk about the leaked episodes in the TV only thread. For once they can't gripe about us ruining crap.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Roommate downloaded them while I was out of town but says they're in standard definition, so there's especially no question about waiting to watch them now.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
quote:
Go talk about the leaked episodes in the TV only thread. For once they can't gripe about us ruining crap.

Right
MW03
AG
Uhh......

WTF?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Best scene of the series to date: Sweetrobin fighting.
Hudson2508
AG
What are you referring to with the WTF? The Mance burning happened in the books, it just wasn't him.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
What are you referring to with the WTF? The Mance burning happened in the books, it just wasn't him.

I'm guessing that won't be the case in the show. I'm assuming we've seen the last of Mance.
ellebee
That wasn't mance they burned?
MW03
AG
Yeah, i don't think they set up the glamour at all. It would come completely out of left field at this point. I'm guessing this is what GRRM meant when he said some people will die that aren't dead in the books. Kind of wondering who Jon will send to save fake Arya.
Hudson2508
AG
Yeah I could see the show cutting the Mance burning switch and the part about hiding his kid. Probably doesn't impact the overall story so something they could easily cut.

Thought the episode was pretty straight forward but good. Can't wait for Arya's show arch.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
Yeah, i don't think they set up the glamour at all. It would come completely out of left field at this point. I'm guessing this is what GRRM meant when he said some people will die that aren't dead in the books. Kind of wondering who Jon will send to save fake Arya.

Tormund? If they bother with that plot line at all.
Post removed:
by user
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
why do you suppose they left out part of the prophecy from the frog lady.

she talked about

1. her not marrying the prince (rhaegar), but the king (robert) instead...although cersei confused that thinking she simply meant not until rhaegar was king. but also adding that she would be queen until a younger and more beautiful one replaces her (she thinks this means maergery but it may not).

2. she says robert will have 20 children (it was 16 in the book) and her three (the three children of jaime)...

3. she says
"Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds," she said.

but the book continues and they left this out:

"And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

so her kids will die before her...and then someone will kill her

volanqar means little brother - which she thinks means Tyrion because she takes "little" literally, but may in fact mean Jaime who was born after her or stannis who was the little brother of her king robert.

so why did they leave that out? will they revisit it later or part of the story they are dropping?

i think they simply will reveal that later, and may have filmed it already. the prophecy was shown as if cersei in present day was thinking about it and her focus currently was on maergery and possibly being replaced by a younger queen....so later she may have another thought about the other part of the prophecy i suppose.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Perhaps the part about the valonqar will be revisited later. Or perhaps they didn't want to have to explain what that word meant, since they already had to explain why Lancel wasn't Lancel anymore, and try to give us a brief geography of Dorne in the gay love scene.
mikefromdilley
AG
I bet they cut out the Tryion in Volantis, Penny, stone men storyline with Varys taking over as his companion. I at least hope they have some adventures together "riding" to Mereen.
AggieSouth06
Volantis is in the trailer.
mikefromdilley
AG
quote:
Which part is that and how do you know it's Volantis? I saw a few shots of a hooded Tyrion walking in an alley. That could just as easily been from one of the Yunkish Camps laying siege to Mereen.
AggieSouth06
quote:
quote:
Which part is that and how do you know it's Volantis? I saw a few shots of a hooded Tyrion walking in an alley. That could just as easily been from one of the Yunkish Camps laying siege to Mereen.

The long bridge is in there a few times.
MW03
AG
If they cut penny we should all be thankful.
AggieSouth06
"I wish you good fortune in the wars to come."

THEY DID THE THING!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Perhaps the part about the valonqar will be revisited later. Or perhaps they didn't want to have to explain what that word meant, since they already had to explain why Lancel wasn't Lancel anymore, and try to give us a brief geography of Dorne in the gay love scene.
could have changed it to literally say "little brother"....but i think they are just saving it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.