**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,213 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here you go.

Jon does die from the mutiny. Mellisandre burns his corpse for the glory of Rhollor(spelling). Jon is brought back to life sans hair, ala Danaerys.

Where is your fire god now?
AGeng25
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Yes. He would've freed from his oath, have an army of wildings sympathetic to his cause, and thinks Ramsey is doing horrible things to his sister.
I dunno, it seems that Jon's fate is tied to the wall. If he truly is Azor Ahai, seems strange that GRRM would have him take a detour to save his "sister" when Stannis has essentially already taken care of that.

I think jon is going to learn about his parentage soon. I think this will make him go south and try to take the throne, and then he will come back with a force big enough to stop the WW.
Link to the HBO preview for the last two episodes:

Stannis says "If a man knows what he is, he must fulfill his destiny" as Melisandre looks up from the fire with a "oh crap" look.

Stannis thinks it's his destiny to rule, but Melisandre realizes too late that it is not. It is actually Jon Snow. I think we get all this in the last two episodes...
LawAg05
AG
quote:
Quick description of what World of fire and ice is?
An encyclopedia for the world of ice and fire.

Full name: The World of Ice and Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones.

wiki
redline248
AG
So nothing really that important that is just another way to line Martin's pockets?
Streetfighter 02
AG
You just killed a day's worth of productivity for me.
LawAg05
AG
And simultaneously create then kill all the good guy characters you love in creative and terrible ways.

I haven't read A World of Ice and Fire, but it seems like Martin's version of the Silmarillion (LOTR).
Streetfighter 02
AG
quote:
those newly reanimated soldiers couldn't run out into the water (and why is that?)
Actually in the books I believe Jon has reports from Hardhome. Dead things in the woods. Dead things in the water.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I think this makes the most senese, but even if Jon still is "Jon" and not something/someone else (Lord Snowheart?), I doubt he is just going to bounce right back up and stay with the group who just killed him. He can still fight the Others regardless of whether he belongs to the Night's Watch, House Stark, House Targaryen, or has just been a true ******* of commoner all along. He doesn't have to abandon the big picture of fighting the Others even if his personality and approach are different.He could arguably do more good as the Warden of the North by rallying the North to the Wall, as king by rallying the realm, or as AA by potentially rallying everyone that will follow someone like Dany that seems to be a supernatural hero.

You don't think Jon being raised by the dead won't make him seem supernatural?
I was referring more to the people in the story, not myself. As in, some would follow him for being a stark or warden of the north (even if only partly or if a *******), some may follow him if he were a targ or the king, and others who don't care about the first might follow him based on his rebirth IF they believe it. I say IF or "seems to be supernatural" just because many in the story dismiss tales about Beric Dondarrion, Dany having dragons and not being burnt, etc. (at least for awhile). Some may not believe that some ******* is actually a targ who was reborn from fire to be the hero of the world. Hopefully, a lot of people will witness whatever happens to lend credibility to the account.
Greeze06
AG
Doesn't Dark Star have a VS called morning star or it should belong to his family?
KidDoc
AG
My wife (non-reader) had an interesting question if anyone knows the answer.

What happened to the baby boys Craster gave to the WW? Did they eat them? Did they raise them to become the Others?

I told her I had no idea and that the book really doesn't reveal much about the WW in general. Any thoughts?

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
marble rye
AG
I think they are made into other WWs.
JJxvi
AG
The Dayne sword is called Dawn and is only wielded by worthy family members and hasn't been carried since the Tower of Joy
JJxvi
AG
Also it's unclear that it is valyrian steel, was supposedly forged from a falling star.
SoTXAg09
AG
Based on the show, looked to be a conversion from human to WW.
redline248
AG
quote:

What happened to the baby boys Craster gave to the WW? Did they eat them? Did they raise them to become the Others?

I told her I had no idea and that the book really doesn't reveal much about the WW in general. Any thoughts?

As SoTXAg09 said, the show depicts the babies being turned into (presumably) baby white walkers. The books have not given any answer on the matter.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:

Books do not answer this question. In the TV series, they are converted to White Walkers by some sort of WW upper caste priest.
The Debt
Still no inferring about the red priestess in volantis and her glare down with Tyrion
OnlyForNow
AG
Anyone care to pull all of patch faces quotes out of the book?

Who kept saying the mummer's farce is almost over? I'm beginning to think this was directed at Stannis
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Anyone care to pull all of patch faces quotes out of the book?

Who kept saying the mummer's farce is almost over? I'm beginning to think this was directed at Stannis

Lord Manderly "Lord Too Fat to Sit a Horse" - tells this to Davos Seaworth after faking Davos' execution to please the Freys so his son will be released by the Lannisters. this is also when he introduces Davos to Wex, Theon's squire, who reveals that Bran & Rickon are still alive, and Rickon headed towards Skagos.

As for Patchface quotes, let me introduce you to 2 cutting edge Internet tools. The first one is called "Google", sort of like "Goggle" but not quite. The second is known as "Wikipedia" - bit of a bigger word, but if you sound it out, you'll get it.

If you type your question into one of these 2 websites, often your questions can be answered all by yourself.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Patchface
OnlyForNow
AG
It's a little early to notice piss in your Cheerios mate.
CapCityAg89
AG
Speaking of Lord Manderley - does anyone else think he fed Frey Pie to the Bolton & Frey's at Winterfell?
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
So you're saying you can do it for him? That's very kind of you
mid90
AG
quote:
Speaking of Lord Manderley - does anyone else think he fed Frey Pie to the Bolton & Frey's at Winterfell?

Absolutely
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:

Absolutely
While re-reading recently, it seems as if he ate several helpings of the same food. Dude is on another level of bad if so. I guess an extremely obese man not eating something would have looked too fishy.
xMusashix
AG
What's the chance long claw was maester aemons and he gave the sword to mormont?
redline248
AG
What reason does Mormont have to lie about the sword?
The Debt
quote:
What's the chance long claw was maester aemons and he gave the sword to mormont?
Why would a Targaryen who is abdicating his family and his claim take a precious family heirloom the butthole of the 7 kingdoms with the likelihood it disappears to the annuls of time
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
Why would a Targaryen who is abdicating his family and his claim take a precious family heirloom the butthole of the 7 kingdoms with the likelihood it disappears to the annuls of time
the annuls????

...well you did say it was the butthole of the 7 kingdoms so i guess you were fixated.

lol

aside:
pretty close to "the anus is on him".....ticket reference

it's "annals".....and "onus" in the second case.

but thanks...made me laugh out loud.
The Debt
xMusashix
AG
Seemed just as reasonable for aemon to have one (figuring they had a bunch compared to a lowly house like the mormonts) than joer mormont. Didn't Mormont also abdicate rule of his island to his son, so why wouldn't the sword have stayed with jorah?
redline248
AG
Because Jorah sold some dudes into slavery and was condemned to death. He could have been continued being a jerk and taken it with him across the sea. His other options were to leave it with his dad, or stay for punishment, get his head lopped off and the sword returned to his dad anyway.

edit to add: Further, becoming a maester probably has some rules against carrying weapons around.
MW03
AG
On the subject of show Jorah... any chance he's trying to join the fighting pits teams with the intention of getting the Harpys to attack only so he can later jump in and save Dany?
redline248
AG
Does he even know about the Harpies? Was he booted out of town before they began attacking? Either way, I think he only cares about being as close to her as possible and figures that is his best shot.
marble rye
AG
quote:
Does he even know about the Herpes? Either way, I think he only cares about being as close to her as possible and figures that is his best shot.

Poor schmuck. Someone should really give him the 411 on her.
redline248
AG
Solid edit

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.