**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,319 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jon isn't anyone's little brother.

Vary's woulda been his half uncle.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
You sure about that?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Jon isn't anyone's little brother.

Vary's woulda been his half uncle.
seems like he may be a ltittle half brother to Rhaenys and Aegon - on the r+l=j theory
jenn96
AG
Jon's a little half-brother, as is Ramsey. But unless Jon Snow is actually Baby Aegon (something that I've often thought would be interesting but can't be right because of the timelines) he's not anyone's full little brother, either as a Stark or a Targareon.

Really though, it has to be someone she recognizes as a Valonquar for the monkeypaw effect to work. I mean, Gold Cloak # 42 may be someones little brother but it won't add much to the story if he's the one who kills Cersei because he's tired of listening to her *****.
The Dog Lord
AG
If the use of High Valyrian signifies that it will be a Targ, does that give more weight to the Tyrion is a Targ theory? I know there is also a Cersei/Jamie are Targs theory, but the Tyrion one has always had more steam behind it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Jon's a little half-brother, as is Ramsey. But unless Jon Snow is actually Baby Aegon (something that I've often thought would be interesting but can't be right because of the timelines) he's not anyone's full little brother, either as a Stark or a Targareon.

Really though, it has to be someone she recognizes as a Valonquar for the monkeypaw effect to work. I mean, Gold Cloak # 42 may be someones little brother but it won't add much to the story if he's the one who kills Cersei because he's tired of listening to her *****.
well yes it has to make soem sense and not just be out of left field....

but book Cersei has always just assumed it meant Tyrion and there are other relevant possibilities....notably jamie....
jenn96
AG
I think it is Jamie, myself. Although it could very likely be Tyrion, I tend to think "it can't be Tyrion, that's way too obvious". But he really does hate her, and it would be just like Martin to come back full circle and have Cersei killed by the person she's been terrified of all along.

But I still think it will be Jamie.

AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
book Cersei has always just assumed it meant Tyrion and there are other relevant possibilities....notably jamie....

Cersei makes lots of assumptions, many of which are erroneous.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
I know the prophecy implies Tommen will die before Cersei but I would love for him to be the one who kills her. She constantly says she does everything for her children while simply getting power drunk. The irony (poetic justice? I should have taken a lit class) of one of her children putting her down would be epic. Jaime is so disenchanted with Cersei it wouldn't be a surprise.

What if it is actually Arya that kills Cersei and the witch just mistook her for a boy like everybody else?
AgLaw
AG
What about Kevan Lannister? With Tyrion in exile and Cersei, Jamie and all of their offspring dead, he would inherit Casterly Rock.
AgLaw
AG
quote:
What if it is actually Arya that kills Cersei and the witch just mistook her for a boy like everybody else?
I think this is a very good possibility. Maybe Arya takes the appearance of a boy to carry out the assassination.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
quote:
What about Kevan Lannister? With Tyrion in exile and Cersei, Jamie and all of their offspring dead, he would inherit Casterly Rock.

That would be good if they decide to ignore the epilogue of ADWD
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
quote:
quote:
I think this is a very good possibility. Maybe Arya takes the appearance of a boy to carry out the assassination.

That would make a lot of sense. With Tywin and Joffrey dead, what is the ultimate purpose of Arya becoming an assassin if not to kill Cersei? The only other thing I can think of is to end the Freys and Boltons
AgLaw
AG
quote:
quote:

Oh...um....right.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh...um....right.

His death actually may not happen. Varys is half the world away from Kevan Lannister right now. Either Littlefinger kills him, Cersei has him killed, or he is around for a good while. I guess Varys may head back with Tyrion gone
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
I am sure we are NOT seeing Varys right now for exactly this reason. I could see them "reintroducing" Kevan sometime around Cersei's walk of shame, only for Varys to appear and kill him. i think it is very much intentional not have seen Varys for this long. Should make for a great ep 9 or 10
OnlyForNow
AG
Why would Varys kill Kevan?
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
Same reason as in the books. Kevan and Granny T are working to unite the kingdom, and Varys wants Dany to takeover.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
quote:
quote:
Same reason as in the books. Kevan and Granny T are working to unite the kingdom, and Varys wants Dany to takeover.

Exactly. He is a Targ loyalist. Kevan was doing a good job and would have undone the chaos Varys had spread to ready the people for Daeny to come in as a savior
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
I want to see Arya kill a Frey or 3 every episode next season
Thunder18
AG
My guess is Jaime chokes her out with his golden hand
MichaelJ
AG
or on his dong...he still loves her
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Could definitely see Kevan's quitting the council in a "Previously on Game of Thrones" lead-in, then when Cersei makes it back to the castle, he's there running the show as the most capable of Tommen's relatives to play the part of Regent. A couple of scenes of him orchestrating Cersei's return to Casterly Rock, and doing smart things to secure the city and let everyone know that the crown is still powerful, then back to his chambers and pow - Varys' crossbow and weird creepy little bird children that I don't understand are there to do whatever.

Pycelle gets killed in that scene too, right? Or am I mis-remembering?

As far as I can tell, show Littlefinger doesn't give a flying eff about ruling King's Landing, looks like he's much more intent on carving out his own kingdom in the north (Eyrie & Winterfell, etc.), although what the White Walkers might have to say about that is anyone's guess.
AgLaw
AG
Yes, Pycelle is also dead.
redline248
AG
quote:
As far as I can tell, show Littlefinger doesn't give a flying eff about ruling King's Landing
I guess it's possible, but he really orchestrated the chaos in season 1 to weaken 3 of the most powerful families. Baratheons and Starks are basically nobodies, now, and Lannisters are pretty well dried up...which LF knows. He already has Lordships over the Eyrie, Riverlands and is scheming for the north. You think he just is content after that? He has a pretty nice relationship with granny Tyrell, too. He could easily make a move on KL.

Dorne is probably the one place he gives zero Fs about. At least, for now.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I suppose Tommen could be the Valonqar as well... He is Jeoffrey's little brother, but the prophecy days after she has cried tears for her children's deaths, right? Marcella is a goner as well...
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
I suppose Tommen could be the Valonqar as well... He is Jeoffrey's little brother, but the prophecy days after she has cried tears for her children's deaths, right? Marcella is a goner as well...
Are you a book reader or show-only? Jk. Probably a typo.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
quote:
quote:
Are you a book reader or show-only? Jk. Probably a typo.

Is Marcella a character on Juego de Tronos?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I don't see Kevan being murdered at all this season, purely because they've only shown him once at this point, and there are way bigger climaxes to come. If it's really necessary to the show plot, it may not happen till next season. But with Varys in Volantis (though that would be a reasonable launching point to head back to Kings Landing) and no mention of Kevan since episode 1, I just don't see it coming up this year.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
I don't see Kevan being murdered at all this season, purely because they've only shown him once at this point, and there are way bigger climaxes to come. If it's really necessary to the show plot, it may not happen till next season. But with Varys in Volantis (though that would be a reasonable launching point to head back to Kings Landing) and no mention of Kevan since episode 1, I just don't see it coming up this year.
It could definitely be an early-to-mid season death next year as he isn't really that important in the eyes of viewers. Him dying this season though could add to the deaths and/or large events that are hopefully coming in the last few episodes.
redline248
AG
The question is what is going to bring him back to kings landing at this point? I don't remember, was he in KL all along in the book?
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
The question is what is going to bring him back to kings landing at this point? I don't remember, was he in KL all along in the book?
Edit: He was actually named Regent by the Small Council and accepted the position naming Mace Tyrell Hand.

I believe Tommen was "advised" to call him back and name him Hand after Cersei was arrested...or else he simply returned on his own when he heard of what was going on and realized they were threatened.
JJxvi
AG
In the books he pisses off Cersei, and she promotes other Lannister relations to positions over him, and he leaves to take Tywin's body back to Casterly Rock, and pretty much refuses to help any of the other Lannister armies. He returns to King's Landing to clean up the mess and become regent when Cersei is imprisoned by the High Sparrow.
JJxvi
AG
He becomes Tommen's regent and names Mace Tyrell as Hand of the King.
redline248
AG
Ok, so I guess it's possible (likely) once Cersei is arrested in the show he comes back.

Btw, just another reason having Tommen be older was dumb. There is no freaking way a person of his age let's some religious zealots arrest his mom.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.