**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,375 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
LawAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This thread got hilarious. Cliff notes smack talk.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
Spoil away. I have not read the books, but have read very detailed summaries of all of the books, plus I am an active reader at the reddit r\asoif and r\gameofthrones.

I would bet I am more versed in the minutia of Westeros than most of the book readers here.

So you came on here to ***** about book readers spoiling the books, but you did it to yourself willingly (for some reason)? I haven't heard of someone spoiling both the books AND the show for themselves before.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
SeattleAgJr
quote:

LawAg05
AG
Preston Jacobs new video on the Iron Islands. Pretty interesting analysis regarding the Euron = Daario theory.
HoustonAg05
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Euron = Daario theory.

This is what you get when you go 6 years between books.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Preston Jacobs new video on the Iron Islands. Pretty interesting analysis regarding the Euron = Daario theory.
The Dog Lord
AG
Actually the most interesting part has nothing to do with Euron = Daario (well it would have something to do with it if the glamour was necessary to achieve his goal).......but anyway, Euron possibly serving the great other or wanting the long night is the biggest piece of info to be concerned with. It's seemed likely that he has an end game other than simply conquering Westeros, but I didn't know exactly what it was. He is by far one of the most interesting characters. It'll be a shame if they leave him out of the show.
LawAg05
AG
The Jacobs clip poops on the theory, it doesn't justify it nor is it one that I ascribe to. Just an interesting discussion while waiting years for the next book to come out.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
The Jacobs clip poops on the theory, it doesn't justify it nor is it one that I ascribe to. Just an interesting discussion while waiting years for the next book to come out.
I don't believe in the Euron = Daario theory myself. Euron doesn't need it in my opinion, but I could see how it could happen. I just don't want to have a ton of hidden identities (fAegon either knowing or not knowing he is a Blackfyre, Septa Lemore is Ashara Dayne, Howland Reed is high septon, etc.), glamours (Euron is Daario, Mel/Devan is Davos, Jaqen is everywhere, etc.), and cases of unknown/surprise parentage (Jon Snow, Dany, Tyrion or Jamie/Cersei, etc.). That list isn't even comprehensive of all of the theories. A few would work and could be used for good reason (including Euron as Daario), but many are unnecessary or other means could be used to accomplish the same ends (it is fantasy after all).
Saxsoon
AG
Wil Wheaton better make a cameo. I could see Dylan obrien as aech. No to Nicholas hoult as he doesn't really match that well.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
New speculation from around the 'net that Griff & Young Griff ARE in Season 5 - thanks to a "spoiler" leaked by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jamie) during a video interview, followed by someone on Reddit noticing 2 actors cast for this season that don't have assigned roles yet, sort of fit the age/look of Griff/Young Griff.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Alan_McKee
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Matt_McArdle

hunter2012
AG
I loved where the Griff/ young Griff storylines are in the books. I think the show will use it just because it's more chaos.
redline248
AG
Someone refresh my memory about what is significant about the duck.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
One of the two knights in the service of Jon Connington/Griff and Aegon Targareyn/Young Griff is Sir Rolly Duckfield
The Dog Lord
AG
So if Duck = Euron, then he could still be in the show...
redline248
AG
I wonder if this is going to be like the stoneheart spoiler Lena Hedley posted last year.
wangus12
AG
Rewatching the series, I forgot how much I enjoyed the scenes between Tywin and Arya. Anybody remember other scenes that weren't in the books that were well played?
AggieSouth06
quote:
Rewatching the series, I forgot how much I enjoyed the scenes between Tywin and Arya. Anybody remember other scenes that weren't in the books that were well played?

Cersei and Robert opening up to each other
Robert, Jaime and Barristan discussing their first kill
Cersei mourning her dead son
Cat with the amazing line "All because I couldn't love a motherless child"

So many great added scenes that make the characters so much more human.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
quote:
Cersei and Robert opening up to each other
Robert, Jaime and Barristan discussing their first kill

Great scenes
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:

Pretty much every single Olenna Tyrell scene after the "tell me about this Joffrey" scene (a book and show favorite of mine too)
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Barristan showing Mormont the pardon he found and telling him he'll never be alone with Dany again. Total knight to knight class, but still letting Mormont know he's done.

Pretty much every scene Alliser Thorne had in The Wall episode last season, especially his interchange with Jon about "then I can go back to hating you and you can go back to hating me."

Thorne's battle speech right behind Tormund and the others break the gate is my single favorite moment of the series so far, crazy as that might sound. His conviction and defiance of the odds is so convincing.

Never seen a more remarkable job of making a guy they had as Grade A level d*bag become such a bad-ass in a few moments on screen.
AggieSouth06
"With me now! Now with me!" One of the most well-delivered lines of the series.

I also just remembered how much I loved the Tormund/Jon interaction. "She's of the North. That's where she belongs."
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Barristan showing Mormont the pardon he found and telling him he'll never be alone with Dany again. Total knight to knight class, but still letting Mormont know he's done.

Pretty much every scene Alliser Thorne had in The Wall episode last season, especially his interchange with Jon about "then I can go back to hating you and you can go back to hating me."

Thorne's battle speech right behind Tormund and the others break the gate is my single favorite moment of the series so far, crazy as that might sound. His conviction and defiance of the odds is so convincing.

Never seen a more remarkable job of making a guy they had as Grade A level d*bag become such a bad-ass in a few moments on screen.
Completely agree. Thorne in that episode was fantastically done.
ellebee
A friend asked me about who it was that dany sealed in a tomb(?) and why. I couldn't remember what this was about. Can you refresh my memory? Must have been all the acid in the 90s.
redline248
AG
In the tv show she puts Xora Xhoan Daxos and her handmaiden in a vault after he stole her dragons and gave them to the warlocks. (Did not happen in books)
ellebee
Ahh yes, thanks!
The Debt
quote:
quote:

Completely agree. Thorne in that episode was fantastically done.

Thorne has a devotion to the NWs which is why he didn't make nice with the recruits.

He reminds me of Winston Wolf. "If I'm curt, it's because there's sh-t to be done."
hunter2012
AG
I lost track of when the premiere was and thought it was tonight...

The Dog Lord
AG
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/03/george-rr-martin-winds-date

GRRM is now saying he does in fact hope to have WoW out before season 6 in 2016. He also teased he is considering a big plot twist he had never thought of before involving a few characters that could not be put into the show because of the events that have already unfolded for a character. This just further makes me want the books regardless of whether the show outcome is still pretty much the same.
hunter2012
AG
Dinner party with Jon Snow...

Talk about a buzzkill...
BryanAggie2013
AG
quote:
Dinner party with Jon Snow...

Talk about a buzzkill...
redline248
AG
My bad, I knew it as soon as I said it.
wangus12
AG
When winter comes...
You'll hear no lions roar...
No stags grazing the fields...
No roses growing in the meadows...
No snakes in the sand...
The krakens will freeze where they swim...
The flayed men will rot and wither...
No trouts swimming in the river and no falcons flying in the air...
Not even the dragons breath will warm you in your halls.
Only the wolfs howl in the night... Winter is coming.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.