**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,260 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I doubt Pycelle/Kevan get killed by Varys next week because they need a couple of scenes to show they've got King's Landing back on track and are good for Tommen - exactly what Varys doesn't want. Plus Kevan needs to threaten Cersei back to Casterly Rock so that there's more drama for her going forward.

I suspect we won't just see Robert Strong, we'll see him briefly in action, repressing the mob that harries Cersei during her walk. A couple of decapitations always work to show someone's a bad ass.

The more I watch Dorne, the more I think that they only reason that plot existed is to keep Nikolaj happy for future seasons and to keep Bronn from leaving the show for other projects. Clearly what happens in Dorne doesn't mean jack squat for the story, other than getting Myrcella home to die in front of Cersei somehow. I really feel bad for the actors who played Hotah and Doran Martell. They are both quality talent who did almost nothing for a season. If they wanted a swarthy Latino to sit in a chair with his shirt open, they could have just hired Ricardo Montalban's corpse.

It seems like Dany will refine the Dothraki, but to what end? They'll be worse than the Unsullied at guarding Mereen. She needs to find a navy and get the eff outta there. Get the Unsullied and the Dothraki on the ships by whatever mean's necessary and sail your asses to Dorne.

Winterfell - no idea what will happen, but everyone seems to have forgotten Littlefinger and his knights of the Vale. I see them showing up at the end, to what end, no idea. I wonder, if Brienne had to choose between killing Stannis to avenge Renly, or killing Ramsay to save Sansa, which would she do?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I doubt Pycelle/Kevan get killed by Varys next week because they need a couple of scenes to show they've got King's Landing back on track and are good for Tommen - exactly what Varys doesn't want. Plus Kevan needs to threaten Cersei back to Casterly Rock so that there's more drama for her going forward.

I suspect we won't just see Robert Strong, we'll see him briefly in action, repressing the mob that harries Cersei during her walk. A couple of decapitations always work to show someone's a bad ass.

The more I watch Dorne, the more I think that they only reason that plot existed is to keep Nikolaj happy for future seasons and to keep Bronn from leaving the show for other projects. Clearly what happens in Dorne doesn't mean jack squat for the story, other than getting Myrcella home to die in front of Cersei somehow. I really feel bad for the actors who played Hotah and Doran Martell. They are both quality talent who did almost nothing for a season. If they wanted a swarthy Latino to sit in a chair with his shirt open, they could have just hired Ricardo Montalban's corpse.

It seems like Dany will refine the Dothraki, but to what end? They'll be worse than the Unsullied at guarding Mereen. She needs to find a navy and get the eff outta there. Get the Unsullied and the Dothraki on the ships by whatever mean's necessary and sail your asses to Dorne.

Winterfell - no idea what will happen, but everyone seems to have forgotten Littlefinger and his knights of the Vale. I see them showing up at the end, to what end, no idea. I wonder, if Brienne had to choose between killing Stannis to avenge Renly, or killing Ramsay to save Sansa, which would she do?

true on most of that.....

Dorne was more to get Jamie out of KL while Cersei is in jail and punished so he cannot help.

I agree Dorne is the entry point for Dany when she comes, they (Lannisters) are rather cavalier about that part of Westeros figuring they are loyal, their attentions are elsewhere. Attack from the flank.....and Tyrion knows this.

Brienne would save Sansa...she is till alive and she had her oath....Renly is dead and as much as she would like to kill Stannis and very well still may, it does not save Renly or anyone she cares about now....I believe it may be similar to Arya last night (after the thin man but sees Meryn and is distracted)...Brienne may be after Stannis but then Sansa gives the signal and she goes to rescue her. Something like that.
OnlyForNow
AG
What if Trysitan is the one that will end up killing Mycelle and it's been Doran's plan all along???
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
What if Trysitan is the one that will end up killing Mycelle and it's been Doran's plan all along???
No freaking way.
AustinAg2K
I agree with those that say Jorah will get burned by the dragons, but I think that happens next season. I also think Vary's killing Kevan will be early next season. They can't kill off every major character yet.

I think the final episode will end with Dany meeting the Dothraki again, and somehow they will show she's ready to head to Westeros. The show will start off in Winterfell with Sansa escaping. With Ramsay gone on his little mission, it's the perfect time for her to escape. I'm really surprised they didn't have that this week. Sansa escaping has to be done early in the show, so Ramsay has time to send Jon the letter. After her escape they'll cut to Kings Landing where Cercei will get her punishment. They'll do a quick trip to Mereen where they'll have Tyrion and crew lamenting that Dany didn't come back. Then they'll go to the wall. Jon will send Sam to be a maester (Sam can't be around when Jon gets killed. He'd probably try to stop it, and certainly he would get killed after Jon). After Jon gets knifed, they'll end with Dany meeting the Dothraki.

I think we're done with Dorne this season.

I really don't think they'll let anyone know the fate of Jon Snow. They'll do something so you know him coming back is a strong possibility, but I really don't think they'll answer the question. It would be a slap in the face to book readers, and it will make for great off-season talk until next year. At the end of this season, readers and viewers will more or less be in the same place. It'll then be up to GRRM to keep the readers ahead/even with viewers.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
i really really wish we would see Jon's eyes pop open a moment before going to black. Cut to a closeup of a "dead" Jon, and then his eyes pop-open. end scene.....just something for the fans to get them to next season..

i hope....
AustinAg2K
I'll be pissed if the final scene is Jon's eyes opening. It will be way too cliche.
G Martin 87
AG
His eyes pop open....

....and they're ice blue. (CUT TO BLACK)
OnlyForNow
AG
Ohhh nice twist, I could seem him on the funeral pyre burning, and then his eyes pop open. They might be blue but don't think they'll glow blue with the walker's/wights'.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
No freaking way.

Why not?
LawAg05
AG
quote:
His eyes pop open....

Or they are white because he is warging.
Ol Jock 99
AG
While I'd love to answer that question.... (FYI...the actress is 15)

Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
His eyes pop open....

or they're black
redline248
AG
So you're saying killing a character played by a minor is similar to pedophile?
Agustus Caesar
AG
Yeah maybe Jon is stabbed, then aided by someone quick enough to heal him without magic
OnlyForNow
AG
Trystian seems to be modeling himself after Doran, in his temperament etc. We book readers know that Doran hates the Lannisters, but plays the political game to save face. I think he is playing the long con with the young prince.

Ole what's her names change in attitude is interesting. I wonder if she is trying to get Jamie's gold dust... if ya know what I mean.
OnlyForNow
AG
Agree, don't understand Jock's take on this?

He can't kill her because why?

Hot pie bit the dust as did the baker/butcher boy.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
So you're saying killing a character played by a minor is similar to pedophile?
No. I'm saying there is ZERO way head-over-heals Trystain kills the very sweet, charming, and (if she were older) hot girl he's supposed to marry. His cousins? Different story. But not him.
redline248
AG
Ok, thanks for the clarification. The "have a seat over here" guy threw me off. I agree it won't happen that way, I was just curious why you thought so. Considering HBO hasn't shown Doran to be the patient schemer, it wouldn't make sense at this point.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Sorry. I was just shocked when I saw how freaking young the actress is.
Agustus Caesar
AG
I think show doran is playing a similar long con to book doran. Wish he had more screen time, but then again, he's only in like 3 chapters in affc
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
i really really wish we would see Jon's eyes pop open a moment before going to black. Cut to a closeup of a "dead" Jon, and then his eyes pop-open. end scene...
Images of Avatar flash in my brain.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Hot pie bit the dust as did the baker/butcher boy.
What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Yes, Sandor Clegane "killed the Hell outa that Mycah fella." (apologies to Unforgiven)

But Hot pie was alive and well when Brienne and Podrick left him at the inn.
redline248
AG
Perhaps he meant Lommy
AustinAg2K
Regarding Arya going blind, I think it would be inconsistent with the show if she gets blinded as a punishment for killing Ser Meryn. Last week when she was giving the mission to kill the thin man, and the other girl said she wasn't ready, Jaqen made a comment along the lines of, "The many faced god doesn't care, as long as he gets a death." The fact they made that comment means that she shouldn't get blinded. She can basically kill whoever she wants (in the show, not the books).
Texas Tide
AG
quote:
His eyes pop open....

Jon is coldhands/daario/benjen/syrio confirmed
OnlyForNow
AG
Ya that's right. Fat boy was at the inn cooking cakes and pies.
OnlyForNow
AG
I sort of agree, but his look when she said "the thin man wasn't hungry" he knew she was lying.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Regarding Arya going blind, I think it would be inconsistent with the show if she gets blinded as a punishment for killing Ser Meryn. Last week when she was giving the mission to kill the thin man, and the other girl said she wasn't ready, Jaqen made a comment along the lines of, "The many faced god doesn't care, as long as he gets a death." The fact they made that comment means that she shouldn't get blinded. She can basically kill whoever she wants (in the show, not the books).
I read that comment from Jaqen (or "the Kindly Man," since "Jaqen" was simply a disguise that he used in Westeros) totally differently.

I see him saying "if she fails and gets herself killed, it is just fine with the Many Faced God."
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Arya will get punished if she retrieves Needle and uses it to kill Meryn Trant. Although if you're given a job to kill a guy and you kill some other guy because you feel like it, that's not really being a good Faceless Man.

FTAG 2000
AG
I could see the episode ending with Cercei taking her walk, fading to black...
JAggie2007
AG
quote:
Are you suggesting Trystane will kill Maester Pycelle or Myrcella? Not trying to be a spelling Nazi just trying to see where your head is at since we do know Pycelle dies and Myrcella is supposed to(at least according to the prophecy).
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:
I read that comment from Jaqen (or "the Kindly Man," since "Jaqen" was simply a disguise that he used in Westeros) totally differently.

I see him saying "if she fails and gets herself killed, it is just fine with the Many Faced God."
Same here. Also, wouldn't they eventually blind Arya as part of training anyway? I feel like they mention in the book it's to help her develop the rest of her senses, and that each one will be taken away at different points during training.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
He's saying Myrcella, not Pycelle.

That would be pretty excellent revenge for the Martells, since Oberyn killed the mountain, but clearly wanted Tywin dead.
Saxsoon
AG
So apparently GRRM directed D&D to kill of Shireen. . . damn

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.