**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,243 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
rhutton125
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I honestly didn't even remember the bloody flux. I kind of doubt Jorah infects an entire army or whatever - I think he'd be smarter than that
The Debt
what if the grayscale was the fire's equivalent to what happens to humans when the White Walkers convert them.

for some reason there's a connection between fire stone. Obsidian is suppose to be a firestone. And you remember when the red woman was trying to raise a stone dragon from dragonstone.

Stone men depicted were not slow and lethargic like the undead but were aggressive and full of life. for a disease that is suppose to be deadly these men were not decaying, moping around.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Stannis' line "It's fewer" -- laughed by ass off.
The Dog Lord
AG
Has there been discussion about if Melissandre wearing more black at the wall means anything? Her hair and her ruby necklace were also almost always black-looking. Then she is back to red as she leaves with Stannis. It just seems like a random thing to do unless they're trying to send a message.
The Dog Lord
AG
Also it does seem as if they will be going ahead with the Sam as Maester storyline (and possibly Aemon leaving as well if Melisandre returns to the wall or something). I'm wondering how they are going to fit all of that into just two more seasons though. Maybe Sam isn't at the Citadel long before finding something crucial out that means he needs to leave for the Wall. Maybe they will end up stretching the show to 8 or more seasons or finally do more than 10 episodes a season. Depending on what all happens they may be simply cutting huge portions of the story and speeding along travel time for everyone too.
redline248
AG
Thumbs up: Dany burning one of those dudes alive

Thumbs down: Dany still gonna marry Hizdar.

I also laughed a good bit at Stannis saying it's fewer.
SeattleAgJr
redline248
AG
This was posted in the tv thread:

quote:
A potential big spoiler was just noted on the preview/description of next weeks episode as found on one of the channel episode guides for one of the services.

Anyone know what it is?
redline248
AG
I think her name has been on the episode guides all along. I do remember seeing it another time earlier this season.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
This was posted in the tv thread:

quote:
A potential big spoiler was just noted on the preview/description of next weeks episode as found on one of the channel episode guides for one of the services.

Anyone know what it is?
see above. I posted this as I had not noticed it previously. If that is the case (it has been there all along), then "my bad".
Wes97
AG
Yeah, I really don't think that is anything but a mistake. How would that potential storyline even be relevant to the TV show?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Lady Stoneheart is a boring character. Sorry.

Finally finished the book. Good grief DWD drug (1st half at least). I like how much cutting the TV are doing. Hating seeing Selmy go though.
mid90
AG
WHAT A ****ING TEASE

Theon is the 'surprise' in the kennels instead of Nymeria? ****

just me or anyone else have the same thought?
The Debt
quote:
Yeah, I really don't think that is anything but a mistake. How would that potential storyline even be relevant to the TV show?

They could reintroduce the Brotherhood and Catelyns resurrection. This would reinforce jon s resurrection story.
WoMD
quote:
WHAT A ****ING TEASE

Yeah, I'm guilty of that as well...
SeattleAgJr
problem is they have been so vocal in not using flashbacks (with the exception being the one in the first episode of this season) that it would be hard to introduce her without explaining what and how it happened.

The right timing has passed, so would have to be a bunch of exposition.
aggie93
AG
quote:
WHAT A ****ING TEASE

Nymeria? How would that work? Nymeria was lost in the Riverlands and certainly wouldn't submit to being captured and trained by a Non Stark. I do hope Nymeria re-emerges in a warg/dream from Arya though.

Of all the things they cut this year they had to freaking keep Dany marrying Hizdar though?
mid90
AG
OMG Tyrion and Jorah going to Valyria is by far the best part of this season so far, IMO.

When that stone man jumped off the bridge in the background I got chills. Creepiest scene in the whole series to this point. Amazing.
mid90
AG
Liked:
  • looking like Jon is def gonna get knifed in this season. Just hope we also get confirmation that he comes back to life somehow
  • "The North Remembers" conspiracy seems to be alive and well (although much changed from the book theories)
  • Dany finally feeds a Meereeneese ******* to her dragon
  • actor playing Tormund was cast perfectly
  • Valyria and the stone men!
Wes97
AG
Right. And with Brieanne in Winterfell and Jamie in Dorne, whatever little that plot device brought to the books is gone. They don't need cat stark back to introduce any potential "reviving" storyline either. They can do it in a much quicker and effective way, if they even need to. Just Like most of the other stuff that has been cut out of the books for the TV show.
mid90
AG
Disliked
  • Yet again more talking and more plot setup, but other than the Tyrion/Jorah scenes nothing freaking happens. This season has been super meh in that regards.
  • Sansa learned how to behave under the thumb of Joffrey, but she decides to be openly rebellious against the Boltons with all her thinly veiled hatred? wtf
  • Dany out of nowhere decides to marry Hizdar. Was never even one of his goals in the show, and she walks into his cell and says "Sorry, I was wrong. You get what you want, PLUS you can bang me"
  • looks like a bunch of Dorne/Kings Landing scenes next week = yet more plot setup and more of nothing exciting happening. Hope I'm wrong.
  • Grey Worm's ghost boner for Missandei
redline248
AG
Yeah, not that Dany's plot is great in the books, but they are screwing it up in the show.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Sansa is the entire key to the Boltons' tenuous hold on the North. She can be rebellious because if they hurt/kill her, the Stark loyalist will go straight to Stannis. She had nothing like that with Joffery, the Starks were at war against the Lannisters.

I thought that was easily the best episode of the season. Loved the interchange between Stannis & Sam in the library. My wife jumped about a foot when the first Stoneman arrived.
redline248
AG
I was actually expecting Jorah to tell Tyrion, "That's Drogon" all nonchalant.
mid90
AG
quote:
I was actually expecting Jorah to tell Tyrion, "That's Drogon" all nonchalant.

Me too. And turn his back while Drogon's still in view.

Like a boss.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Disliked

• Sansa learned how to behave under the thumb of Joffrey, but she decides to be openly rebellious against the Boltons with all her thinly veiled hatred? wtf

• Dany out of nowhere decides to marry Hizdar. Was never even one of his goals in the show, and she walks into his cell and says "Sorry, I was wrong. You get what you want, PLUS you can bang me"

i'll address these 2 a bit.....

Daenerys - well they set it up with Melissandre telling her she has seen her listen to advice or not liosten to advice, but has seen her at her best when she does something nobody else sees as a solution....so they made this Dany's decision in this plot. Interesting at least it makes her an active part instead of just forced into it more or less. will be interesting then on how they play the attempted poisoning. since it is not his "plan" having Zo Lorak try to kill her then (which wasn't proven in the books anyway) would mnot make much sense - he cannot have predicted she would take this course of action.

Sansa - yes she is being rebellious, but i actually think she is dancing on the line with the Boltons. if she showed no pushback or no reaction the Boltons would not give her any respect. she is playing the game i think. you notice while she was disgusted about the Reek thing and openly negative about it....she played along witht the news of Roose boltons new heir and how happy she was about the pregnancy.... was kinda funny actually....well i guess you could say she knew that would piss off Ramsey, but outwardly it was the right thing to do to be happy for them. And Roose is really in charge.
mid90
AG
Edited my above post to include Grey Worm's Ken-doll nub love affair with missandei
redline248
AG
I'm not sure anyone is in charge with Ramsay around.

Btw, that story Roose told about hanging the man and boning the women underneath...should I just assume this is the sort of thing Ned Stark would have never heard about? Can't imagine him letting one of his lords treat the people that way.
redline248
AG
Dude come on. How can you knock him for it? She's a smoke show!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Liked:

• actor playing Tormund was cast perfectly

Yes; EXACTLY how I imagined him being, by the way.

Ol Jock 99
AG
Biggest question I have: will there be a Yunkish army laying siege to Meereen? We've seen no indication, but how can they move the story forward without it?
AggieSouth06
quote:
Biggest question I have: will there be a Yunkish army laying siege to Meereen? We've seen no indication, but how can they move the story forward without it?

No. The ambush at Daznak's pit will be the Sons.
hunter2012
AG
Selmy is the ultimate badass in the books, I hated the casual way to kill such a cool character. The book Selmy would have kicked the ambush right in it's ass. There was no doubt in the book that he could have killed the Kingsguards easily when he was dismissed.

Unfortunately the writers this season are trying to polish a turd without the new storylines from the books(Greyjoy ambitions, young Grif, Quentyn Martell). I suppose the best they can do is to condense.

Bigsteve713
AG
I'm Not reading this thread through because I'm watching the replay right now, buts it's no coincidence that maester Aemon is talking about Daenerys having no relatives and Jon walks right in
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
I'm Not reading this thread through because I'm watching the replay right now, buts it's no coincidence that maester Aemon is talking about Daenerys having no relatives and Jon walks right in

This.

The timing was just so that anyone who knows the meaning of R+L=J would have noticed the same. If his lineage is ever confirmed, we'll end up pointing back to that scene as a little knowing wink.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.