**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

341,425 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I loved the outer limits sand kings episode
BurnetAggie99
From Fact Check:

Fish Oil is NOT an ingredient in WD-40. This is another urban legend that has been around for a long time.

WD-40's main ingredients, according to its U.S. Material Safety Data Sheet* information, are:

51% Stoddard solvent (i.e., mineral spirits: primarily hexane, somewhat similar to kerosene)
25% Liquefied petroleum gas (presumably as a propellant; carbon dioxide is now used instead to reduce WD-40's considerable flammability)
15+% Mineral oil (light lubricating oil)
10-% Inert ingredients
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
From Fact Check:

Fish Oil is NOT an ingredient in WD-40. This is another urban legend that has been around for a long time.

WD-40's main ingredients, according to its U.S. Material Safety Data Sheet* information, are:

51% Stoddard solvent (i.e., mineral spirits: primarily hexane, somewhat similar to kerosene)
25% Liquefied petroleum gas (presumably as a propellant; carbon dioxide is now used instead to reduce WD-40's considerable flammability)
15+% Mineral oil (light lubricating oil)
10-% Inert ingredients
interesting
Ol Jock 99
AG
It is an important component of the Valarian steel. Truth.
Agustus Caesar
AG
My money is on WoW coming out at Xmas 2016.
A dream of Spring will likely never come out while GRRM is alive unless he is writing some bits concurrently.

This is the TV production schedule I can loosely put together based on interviews and articles
Season 5 Post Production December 2014-March 2015
Season 6 writing December 2014-April 2015
Hire Season 6 Directors May-June 2015
Casting for Season 6 May-June 2015
Season 6 filming July-November 2015
repeat cycle two to three more times
MSCAg
AG
I've read that he really does want the book to come out before Season 6 starts....that said, I'll believe it when I see it.

You know the publishers have a huge financial incentive to get the book on shelves (er, Amazon) before the next season starts. But whether or not that motivates Martin...we'll see.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Interesting info I just came across, not sure if it's already been mentioned but it's the casting call for season 6.

link

Looks like we will actually be getting Euron Greyjoy!

Also, Randyll Tarly and Septon Meribold (meaning maybe a return of the Hound).
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Oops, looks like this has already been posted on the season 6 thread.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bangobango
AG
quote:
I won't buy it at all. I'll get it off a torrent for books.

Thieves.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
Interesting info I just came across, not sure if it's already been mentioned but it's the casting call for season 6.

link

Also mentioned two boys of ages 7 and 12, with green and blue eyes, respectively. Talk is that it could be young Ned and young Robert. Perhaps getting a little more detailed into revealing Jon's parentage? Would those relative ages line up?
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
quote:
quote:

link

Also mentioned two boys of ages 7 and 12, with green and blue eyes, respectively. Talk is that it could be young Ned and young Robert. Perhaps getting a little more detailed into revealing Jon's parentage? Would those relative ages line up?
I dunno, was Lyanna or Benjen the youngest? Seems that she would likely only be a toddler at that time if she is indeed the youngest.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

link

I dunno, was Lyanna or Benjen the youngest? Seems that she would likely only be a toddler at that time if she is indeed the youngest.
there was another large boy described - thats Robert...the 7 and 12 are likely young Benjen and Ned.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Sean Bean has green eyes, so it doesn't make sense that the blue-eyed 12 yr old would be Ned.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

...speaking of which whatever this scene is, is definitely not in the books....

some specualte it could be a flashback and related to the lineage of Jon but that makes no sense.....unless - would they dare have the 3 young boys visit the same frog lady that gave cersei her prophecy and hear a prophecy of Jon not being Ned's son but the son of his sister and king rhaegar. Like: "you'll have 5 children but raise a 6th as your own, but he is your sisters and the king and he will be a king himself"

might that be a way of introducing it.

longshot, but possible.
JJxvi
AG
The two that are similarly aged will probably be Robert (larger boy not described as northern) and Ned. The older boy either Brandon Stark or somebody like Roose Bolton.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Season 6 - Book Readers Thread started...

Probably should migrate discussions there, huh?
bangobango
AG
I said several seasons ago that if they ever caught up with the books they have enough backstory to make ten episodes out of it. They won't do it, but how cool would it be to have an entire season of nothing but Robert's Rebellion?
Zeke1995
AG
quote:
quote:

some specualte it could be a flashback and related to the lineage of Jon but that makes no sense.....unless - would they dare have the 3 young boys visit the same frog lady that gave cersei her prophecy and hear a prophecy of Jon not being Ned's son but the son of his sister and king rhaegar. Like: "you'll have 5 children but raise a 6th as your own, but he is your sisters and the king and he will be a king himself"

longshot, but possible.

At this point how do you know something isn't in the book?

Because Finkel is Einhirn, and NoRagrets is GRRM
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

longshot, but possible.

At this point how do you know something isn't in the book?

Because Finkel is Einhirn, and NoRagrets is GRRM

^^^^yes!!!!!

...and i know cuz I read them.....i mean in the books so far...and it seems un-GRRM-like....but I could see the show doing that. they want a visual way to tell us, as opposed to a narrative way. And whats was the point of showing the frog lady scene other than to tell cersei's prophecy. Well it's a great way to set up her kids dying, etc...but that then sets the stage for believing whatever frog lady says...so if she reveals Jons story we would believe it.

longshot like i said.

move along....it was an idea.....i've got some writing to do now......
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You all joke, but I have a very strong feeling GRRM has visited Texags at some point in his life.
G Martin 87
AG
Um, hello? Is this thing on?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Um, hello? Is this thing on?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
At this point, if we entertain the idea that WoW is being released BEFORE season 6, who's to say this scene with the blue and green eyed and "large" boys isn't a Bran-as-a-tree flashback in the book that's then also being included in the show? Chances are it's just a TV show device if they flash to young Ned but it's possible.
Al Bula
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.