**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,219 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
Marsh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sophie Turner "says her character's storyline will diverge [from the books] in the 2015 season"

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/game_of_thrones_season_5_sophie_turner_sansa_different_story_books-2014-08

Illyn Payne would like to return to the show after undergoing cancer surgery:

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/wilko-johnson-planning-game-of-thrones-return_4328881

Bowen Marsh cast:

http://watchersonthewall.com/bowen-marsh-cast-game-thrones-season-5/
Inspector Spacetime
AG
If you had any question as to how far Cersei's storyline was going to progress next season, this should give a pretty good idea:

efault" CLASS="postlink" TARGET="_blank">http://www.avclub.com/article/god-forbids-cersei-lannisters-breasts-208517?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=Default:1efault

Sounds like Cersei is going to have a busy season ahead of herself, generally ruining things and taking mental/emotional nosedives.
Urban Ag
AG
Cersei doing the walk of shame means that they should have events in Kings Landing pretty much caught up to the end of Book 5 by end of season 5. Sounds like they are completely omitting Jamie in the Riverlands which probably makes sense for the tv series.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
That's a shame, i love the convo between Jamie and the Blackfish.
Urban Ag
AG
I just finished re-reading AFFC and frankly I think it is very under-rated. Most pick it as the least likeable of the series. But I didn't find Jamie in the Riverlands that dull, and development of his character in the series is one of if not my favorite.

But, at least at this point, I can see them bypassing it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
agree - unfortunately, jamie slowly realizing for the first time in his life, he can do whatever he wants to, and finally finding his own code of justice and honor -doesn't much make for good TV, even though it is really awesome in a book.

I love his war council when he listens to what all the other guys have to say, like his father used to, then goes from there.

And when he settles the squabble between the Brackens and whoever the others are, and the guy asks if he has to kneel, and Jamie is like, whatever, if you want to, I don't care.
mid90
AG
quote:
Sophie Turner "says her character's storyline will diverge [from the books] in the 2015 season"

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/game_of_thrones_season_5_sophie_turner_sansa_different_story_books-2014-08

How much can we actually read into that? At the end of season 4, her character's story line has essentially caught up to the books.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Maybe she checks out the little finger?
Marsh
AG
Martin teases the death of a POV character:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moTwqB1iqq4&feature=player_detailpage#t=137

As to Sansa, it even says in the article that she doesn't read the books because she doesn't want to get confused with what happens in the book compared to what is happening to her in the show. So, I'm not sure it means anything at all!
mid90
AG
WoW may not be published until 2017

You've got to be f'ing kidding me.
mid90
AG
Also, a very interesting theory about Daario Naharis that I hadn't hear yet....

I know this a spoiler thread, but if you haven't yet read ADWD I'd avoid the link (and if you haven't read ADWD what are you doing on this thread?) Anyways, on of the very remote chance that someone will get upset over spoilers on a GOT thread.....here's a spoiler tag for ya.

**************** SPOILER **********************

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/253zbx/

This could explain why no news has come out yet about casting for Euron, Victarion, and Aeron Greyjoy.....because Euron == Daario!

******* End Spoiler *****************
The Dog Lord
AG
If we have to wait until 2017 I'll go insane, especially if the show starts getting into new material that might shape the theories of the book incorrectly.
Marsh
AG
Hodor will not be in next season:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/24890664/actor-kristian-nairn-reveals-the-other-side-of-hodor-on-game-of-thrones-themed-dj-tour/

quote:
Fans around the world are hungry for the next series of Game of Thrones, but they will have to be patient*.*
"We have a season off and we have a year's hiatus, solely because I imagine our storyline is up to the end of the books," he said.
"So, I get my year off now to do Rave of Thrones and gallivant all over the world."

Haven't heard any mention of Bran, though.
JCRiley09
AG
Surely they aren't dropping an entire story line for a season. Bran has already grown up a ton since the show started. One season off and he'll practically be a man next time he's on screen.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Actually it would make a lot of sense to take a year off from Bran's storyline. He's gotten to a good stopping point for now, and while non-readers are going to wonder like hell what he's doing underground with the little people, taking Bran's storyline away would leave space probably better suited to introducing some new characters or fleshing out other current ones' arcs.

There's also nothing that necessarily ties Bran to being any particular age as far as the books are concerned as well. It's not like he's going to be marrying anyone or coming of age in any kind of normal way. At this point, Bran's character can look however old he wants-- he's just going to turn into a tree anyway.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Also, a very interesting theory about Daario Naharis that I hadn't hear yet....

I know this a spoiler thread, but if you haven't yet read ADWD I'd avoid the link (and if you haven't read ADWD what are you doing on this thread?) Anyways, on of the very remote chance that someone will get upset over spoilers on a GOT thread.....here's a spoiler tag for ya.

**************** SPOILER **********************

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/253zbx/

This could explain why no news has come out yet about casting for Euron, Victarion, and Aeron Greyjoy.....because Euron == Daario!

******* End Spoiler *****************

That's a long freaking way to travel, I think the more likely scenario is that Daario is Euron(we all know it's someone important), and the Euron in westeros is a faceless man. It would explain why they would go out of their way to attack Oldtown...(faceless men seem to have some interest in it...)
mid90
AG
The theory discusses the possibility of Qarthian warlocks aiding travel time. I think Euron shows up to the moot with a warlock IIRC.

Faceless men is interesting too
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Actually it would make a lot of sense to take a year off from Bran's storyline. He's gotten to a good stopping point for now, and while non-readers are going to wonder like hell what he's doing underground with the little people, taking Bran's storyline away would leave space probably better suited to introducing some new characters or fleshing out other current ones' arcs.

There's also nothing that necessarily ties Bran to being any particular age as far as the books are concerned as well. It's not like he's going to be marrying anyone or coming of age in any kind of normal way. At this point, Bran's character can look however old he wants-- he's just going to turn into a tree anyway.
True. They could even pick his story line back up the next season as if he had been "training" all of this time off-screen.
MSCAg
AG
May have been posted, but really interesting take on Jon's parentage.

From Preston Jacob's Channel
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
May have been posted, but really interesting take on Jon's parentage.

From Preston Jacob's Channel
Interesting. Does anyone else get the feeling that he was implying at the end of the 3rd part that Hightower, Whent, & Dayne sacrificing themselves may have been related to the three dragons being born for Dany? He mentioned blood magic without saying what magic happened, but then shows a picture of Dany with the newborn dragons.
LawAg05
AG
I liked all of Preston's videos, but to me the ToJ theory was the least believable.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
I liked all of Preston's videos, but to me the ToJ theory was the least believable.
Yes, his others were based much more in text, etc. whereas much of his ToJ theory was one stretch after another.
Marsh
AG
Tywin is returning to play some part in season 5.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
Jedi ghost Tywin.
mid90
AG
quote:

Lord Stoneheart
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
well, the fan dream reason would be that they have a flashback to tywin laying the bodies of Rhaegar's children at the feet of Robert Baratheon at the sack of King's Landing; this could be the way to set up the introduction of Aegon Targeryn - assuming he's real and actually escaped the murder at the hands of Gregor Clegane.
redline248
AG
Have they ever done a flashback scene on the show?

Darrio as Euron as a Faceless Man is just too ridiculous for me.
AggieSouth06
quote:
Have they ever done a flashback scene on the show?

No but they are going to this season in some way/shape/form. M**** the Frog is confirmed as a cast member.
The Dog Lord
AG
Plus this would allow for the much desired return of Sean Bean if they decide to do the Tower of Joy scene...I wonder how far they plan to take the flashbacks though if they start them. There are so many that they could do that it would be like an entirely different show with constant flashbacks. I doubt they do many, but still. I guess we will see what they think needs visual depictions to get a point across instead of just having a story told by a character.
rhutton125
AG
I was hoping for more casting news but I guess this is mostly it? No Victarion this season?

He's my boy.
Marsh
AG
I've been keeping up with the casting news, and you can see a lot of this on the "Watchers on the Wall" fan website... but most of the casting news over the last month has been very minor. My guess with the Tywin news is that he will be in the show at the funeral, although it will certainly be interesting to see if they go into flashbacks with him as well.

Prerty funny, but my first thought was Sir Stoneheart, too. But it literally makes zero sense.
AggieSouth06
quote:
No Victarion this season?

He's my boy.

If he's not in this season, they're cutting him completely. Same goes for Aegon & Connington. Which either means they aren't vital to the main story arc or they're being replaced (I guess Yara could sail to Mereen, but Dany already has a navy in the show, and most speculate that's the primary takeaway from Victarion in Mereen).

We already know Arienne and Quentyn are cut, and all signs point to Trystane absorbing both roles.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
New set photos of Faceless men statues from the house of black and white.

Marsh
AG
Spoilers about Loras Tyrell in upcoming season.
redline248
AG
Show spoilers or book spoilers?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.