**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,242 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Ok, so I guess it's possible (likely) once Cersei is arrested in the show he comes back.

Btw, just another reason having Tommen be older was dumb. There is no freaking way a person of his age let's some religious zealots arrest his mom.
he still seems pretty shocked and unsure what to do in most situations when the S hits the fan....he is a teen...not a man. no experience. and he isn't playing the game, he is simply playing the role and reacting. completely believable to me right now.....he is more interested in what is under Margaery's dresses than anything else......cuz again...he's a teenager.

aggie93
AG
Really just depends on how much they want to focus on KL for the final 4 episodes and how fast they want to go. If Cersei is arrested next episode then I could see it for sure because Kevan would come back as Hand in Episode 8. Cersei likely does the walk in 8 or 9 or maybe the beginning of 10. Then it sets up nicely for a finale scene in KL that Kevan and Pycelle are killed and KL is about to be complete chaos. They have greatly simplified KL and taken out most of the backstory with the Kettlebacks and whomever the chick was that Cersei was getting her lesbian love on with Taena of Myr (you would think of all the things they would cut that would make the show). Instead we get all this crap about Loras the Gay Knight instead of Loras the badass knight who befriends Tommen and happens to be gay and how they have drastically changed the Faith Militant.

My expectations on how fast or slow they will take the story are gone at this point, it's a new story to me.
aggie93
AG
Kevan also can't be named Regent in the Show as Tommen is now a King in full power since he has a consummated marriage and does not require a Regent. Kevan would have to be Hand which is fine as currently no one is Hand. That was a big part of why Kevan left, Cersei is acting as if she is Hand/Regent when in the Show she has no actual power (in the books she is Regent). It's another hole in the plot because realistically in the Show Marg would certainly be making sure to use Tommen to get more direct power and Cersei out of the way as soon as they had finished banging on their wedding night. As it is she just mentions about shipping Mom off to the Rock and doesn't seem to care that Tommen isn't going to Small Council meetings or using his power at all while allowing Cersei to run everything.
redline248
AG
quote:
he is more interested in what is under Margaery's dresses than anything else......cuz again...he's a teenager
Even more unbelievable. When you were a teen, if a girl was giving you the goods and then some loons tried to take her away (and you had the power to stop them), tell me you wouldn't have gone nuclear.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
he is more interested in what is under Margaery's dresses than anything else......cuz again...he's a teenager
Even more unbelievable. When you were a teen, if a girl was giving you the goods and then some loons tried to take her away (and you had the power to stop them), tell me you wouldn't have gone nuclear.
you've already seen him cower down from the sparrows when he just was going to talk to the high sparrow, and he had his kingsgaurd with him....he doesn't know what to do...does not understand the powers at play...and he has demonstarted a preference for non violnce when he could have acted rashly. He is not joffrey...yes Joffrey would have gone insane and ordered them all rounded up and executed and maybe started a holy war.....tommen, no.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Tommen is in WAY over his head, and unlike his mother and brother, he knows it. His fake dad had nothing to do with him and is now dead. His real dad had nothing to do with him and is in Dorne with the brown power rangerettes. He didn't have the benefit of being some powerful dude's ward. His family's army is back home. His wife's family's army is back home AND the commander of said army is on his way to Bravos. And the two guys who Tommen needed most found each other on opposite sides of a crossbow bolt.

He's a kid playing a man's game with no experience or way to get it. And he knows it.
redline248
AG
He knows what his brother did. He knows that his grandfather started a war over Tyrion's kidnapping. He knows the Kingsguard will follow his command. That's his hot wife they just took. I just don't buy it, at his age in the show, at all.

It's one thing to not start a fight in the streets for no real reason. Letting his wife be arrested is a completely different matter.
MichaelJ
AG
reading this thread just makes me want the next book to come out sooner.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
He knows what his brother did. He knows that his grandfather started a war over Tyrion's kidnapping. He knows the Kingsguard will follow his command. That's his hot wife they just took. I just don't buy it, at his age in the show, at all.

It's one thing to not start a fight in the streets for no real reason. Letting his wife be arrested is a completely different matter.

who is giving him advice?

not his wife......not tywin...not tyrion....not kevan.....not jaime...not anyone with a brain.....no, just Cersei, who is playing him as much as anyone else she wants to control. and she has more power over him than anyone else, he has been mommied all his life. he just got thrust into this and hasn't a clue.
redline248
AG
Why does he need advice? Like you said, he's a gd teenager. When in the history of ever have teenagers behaved rationally, or heeded advice, especially when they know they can do whatever they want?
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
Why does he need advice? Like you said, he's a gd teenager. When in the history of ever have teenagers behaved rationally, or heeded advice, especially when they know they can do whatever they want?
His "father" is dead from doing whatever he wanted.
His brother is dead from doing whatever he wanted.
His "uncle" lost a hand from doing whatever he wanted.
His grandfather, the best leader he ever knew, is dead by the hand of his funny uncle.
And his mom is a drunk.

Tommen has good reason to be confused and overly cautious.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
do you watch the show? yes he is a teeenager and has lustful thoughts, who wouldn't. but he hasn't show the propensity to make a single decision for himself. He wasn't groomed for this like joffrey, he wasn't supposed to be king. and he comes across as timid always.
OnlyForNow
AG
Cersei kills Margery somehow.

Tommen mad with rage, strangles his mother and then kills himself.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

....except depending on your interpretation of the prophecy...most say that cersei sees all her children die (as king/queen) and then is killed by the little brother.....

so if you accept that - tommen can't kill cersei. and in fact tommen has to die and somehow myrcella has to become a queen and die too...before cersei dies.

unlesss you don't believe in prophecies.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:

....except depending on your interpretation of the prophecy...most say that cersei sees all her children die (as king/queen) and then is killed by the little brother.....

so if you accept that - tommen can't kill cersei. and in fact tommen has to die and somehow myrcella has to become a queen and die too...before cersei dies.

Myrcella could become queen of Dorne after they break off and become actively fighting against Westeros.
OnlyForNow
AG
I think the whole, she will "see" them die is telling though.

Didn't know what's what the prophecy said. And I'm a believer.

Damn!

Wait a second, who is the viper's little brother?

The long con from old boy in the wheel chair right? So tommen dies somehow, mycerlla comes back with trsitan to KL, during the wedding or shortly after ol' wheels kills mycella and then strangles Cersei....
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Myrcella could become queen of Dorne after they break off and become actively fighting against Westeros.

well yes...although Trystan himself is 3rd in line behind Doran currently as Prince of Dorne...so Doran and his 2 eldest kids Arianne and Quentyn would have to die first....and they would need to be married....lots of death. Quentyn was of course killed in the books at Meereen but not in the show (yet)....interestingly they have of course left out the entire Arianne plot to have Myrcella as the Queen of the Iron Throne after Joffrey using Dorne custon of not differentiating male vs. female heirs (they just go by age)....which was then snuffed out by Doran's guardsmen (and Myrcella was injured) so that did not happen anyway. that could have been a way to have her be queen....but instead of tommen (or both depending how you see it).

more likely, tommen dies first, and next is female heirs so myrcella would be queen and her husband king.
OnlyForNow
AG
And then!!!!

shortly after the wedding ol' wheels kills mycella and then strangles Cersei....
OnlyForNow
AG
Interesting....

just looked at the IMBD about the Hardhome episode...

we see the return of the Night's King, and wights.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Interesting....

just looked at the IMBD about the Hardhome episode...

we see the return of the Night's King, and wights.
***More potential spoilers***

Night's King also in episode 10. Also, Kevan, Pycell, and Varys all listed for episode 10, so the deaths could very well happen. Also, Yara/Asha should be returning for a few episodes.
OnlyForNow
AG
Not listed as cast, but there is a "wolf unit" in crew production on the last episode as well.

Holy Sheet....

In the last untitled episode there is some MAJOR characters that appear... now granted this is IMDB so maybe people have added them just to be jerks and fake people out (can that happen?)

Look if you want some big spoilers...
Post removed:
by user
Southlake
Remember, it's TV. They don't care about the books anymore. Prophesy? Haha!,
SpreadsheetAg
AG
What if Cersei is pregnant and dies in Childbirth (after to men and Myrcella die) giving birth to a dwarf son? She didn't actually have 4 kids, still only 3, and the little brother is the cause of her death....
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Stole this from the TV only thread:

quote:
I thought this belonged here: Game of Thrones - The Musical

It's WAY better than you're thinking, and it's got the actual cast in there participating; great levity, which I am sure they had a blast shooting....
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Stole this from the TV only thread:

quote:
I thought this belonged here: Game of Thrones - The Musical

It's WAY better than you're thinking, and it's got the actual cast in there participating; great levity, which I am sure they had a blast shooting....
This was great!
AgLaw
AG
That is AWESOME!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
lol

Nikolaj with Coldplays first love song ballad about incest was great
as was Rastafarian Targaryen
jon kit singing Wildlings to ygritte was awesome too

well played some funny cast interplay on themes from the show too.
LawAg05
AG
Miss ygritte.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
"Wild-ling you make my heart sing" was my favorite
Saxsoon
AG
Theon seeing Ramsay for the first time then breaking out into hugs was the best.

Also, here is the full peter dinklage song

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Preview photo for Sunday.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Preview photo for Sunday.

"daddy....err uncle....sorry."
The Dog Lord
AG
I can't wait for more Tyrion, Dany, Jorah although it looks like she might have him fight to show she will "keep her word."

Most have suspected that Shireen was in danger, but it's out now. Will Stannis send Mel back to the wall? Will they spin it as her abandoning him?
HoustonAg05
AG
High Sparrow was awesome tonight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.