**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,237 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
agmatt06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We all knew it was coming...but man it was still good to see her get her dues.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Strange though...it made it appear that Littlefinger was going to be the one giving info about Lancel....but the way the high septon spoke it sounded like he already knew from a while ago, that Lancel had come clean of his own accord....which is also weird. If thats true why wait until now to arrest Cersei????

can't decide if that was Littlefingers doing or not.
KidDoc
AG
I think the high sparrow knew for a while but didn't want to storm the castle or fight the kings guard to capture her. He was waiting for his chance.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
I think the high sparrow knew for a while but didn't want to storm the castle or fight the kings guard to capture her. He was waiting for his chance.

And she helped him nail a few other lords and ladies. She armed them and helped them set precedent for seizing anyone. Her usefulness is now over.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:

And she helped him nail a few other lords and ladies. She armed them and helped them set precedent for seizing anyone. Her usefulness is now over.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

true...but it also seems like it might have been better to get her under oath the way he did with loras and margaery. oh well....i guess its a moot point now and he has enough to convict her as we know from the leaks of her punishment.
redline248
AG
Does anyone else think it's weird that Jon would leave ghost behind?
Wes97
AG
Well they are traveling by ship....
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Preposterous that Jon would leave Ghost behind, unless he's naming Ghost interim Lord Commander.

Seems like they're giving major foreshadowing that the WIldlings won't accept Jon until the White Walkers stop by for dinner and he kills a couple.

Love the Theon dynamic this week. As Sansa was telling him about the candle, was thinking, no way he snaps out of it just like that.

Very cool seeing the meeting of Tyrion and Dany. Be interesting to see what Tyrion has to say for himself to stay alive; clearly he's up on the platform with her in spoiler pictures, so he must be doing something right. My wife and I noticed the looks on Dany's fiance's face during the fighting - sheer delight at bloodshed, thought it was a good subtle nod that he's the Harpy.

Really was worried Bronn was going to die via the lamest characters ever. Thankfully he's still ticking, but I have no idea what in the world they're going to do with him and Jamie. Only thing I can think of is Dany/Tyrion landing in Dorne and Bronn/Jamie joining their cause from there?

Will Stannis the Mannis sacrifice Shireen? I think yes.

I thought tonight was some of Lena Heady's best acting on the series. Her smugness walking out of Margarey's cell, her "yeah, whatever courtesy" as the High Sparrow rambled on, then her eyes flicking back and forth when she realized she had really effed up.

My wife commented at the end, "The High Sparrow is a great villain," and I thought, he is, but he isn't even really a villain, he's a righteous guy doing work. And that makes him even better.
hunter2012
AG
2 of the coolest characters in the show finally meet(even before the books), how is anticipation not sky high?

Anyone else think Tyrion is taking Selmy's place in taking control after the Drogon/Dany super exit? This might make up for Selmy's weak demise.

Also the look of satisfaction on the High Sparrow when Cersei is taken away. There's no way it isn't personal for him, Howland Reed reaping a stark vengeance anyone?

Also was Littlefinger talking about Lancel or somebody else?
bangobango
AG
Finally made the sand snakes not suck. Great bit of t&a and a funny/tense scene with Bronn.
Wes97
AG
Yeah, I don't think that was about Lancel. Will be interested to see where that is going.
AggieHank86
AG
As royalty, Jaimie obviously got nice treatment while in captivity, as seems to be the Westerosi standard for every captor except Catelyn Stark. But I was worried Bronn would find himself in a dark, stinking black cell.

Fortunately Dornish prisons seem nicer than those in the other six Kingdoms. Windows ... open, airy accommodations ... even a burlesque floorshow.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
That was a pretty great epiaode... maybe best of the season so far. I can't believe I'm saying that and Arya wasn't even in it.

It was teetering on being one of the worst when it was looking like Bronn had been poisoned to death, and the fact that I'm one of those here who think he's not coming back from Dorne alive made that extra suspenseful.

Seeing Jorah kicking ass in the fighting pits was pretty cool, and I've been wondering all season how Tyrion was going to get to make Dany's introduction. Though, based on the preview for next week's episode it doesn't look like Jorah will be back in her good graces (plus we've seen those stills with Jorah in the larger pit).

And while I'm on that subject, when you look at that still and see the stands with all the dead masters in Tokars, is Daenerys going to take Daario's advice and just slaughter them in their seats?

I had no problem with the change to have Maester Aemon pass away at the wall, and Sam's NW eulogy was nice. If they're also moving up the Sam the Player scene, I imagine they will likely cut out most if not all the actual boat journey to Oldtown. Would have had to spend time developing a better reason than ill-advised bravery to have Gilley jump his bones while nauseous on a boat, and I think this was a better choice (plus Ghost!)

But overall I think the last scene with the High Sparrow and Cersei put it over the top, and now I think I'm going to watch it again just for that.
AggieHank86
AG
I am starting to think that Sam;s trip to Oldtown was a distraction in the books and that he will not actually become a Maester.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
I am starting to think that Sam;s trip to Oldtown was a distraction in the books and that he will not actually become a Maester.

Well it takes years to become a maester and there's only 2 books left. Also I think the important part is the fact that he's in the faceless man's company now.
ham98
Waiting for Rickon's return where he pretty much kills everybody
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
You could write a great version of Lonely Island's "I Just Had Sex" with Sam Tarly lyrics from his first time with Gilly

She just had a baby,
Doesn't matter had sex!

Her father was the father,
Doesn't matter had sex!

My sworn brothers were about to rape her,
Doesn't matter had sex!

I swore an oath to a tree,
Still counts!

Saxsoon
AG
quote:
You could write a great version of Lonely Island's "I Just Had Sex" with Sam Tarly lyrics from his first time with Gilly

She just had a baby,
Doesn't matter had sex!

Her father was the father,
Doesn't matter had sex!

My sworn brothers were about to rape her,
Doesn't matter had sex!

I swore an oath to a tree,
Still counts!

Damn
hunter2012
AG
Taking this to the GoT humor thread.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
That was a pretty great epiaode... maybe best of the season so far. I can't believe I'm saying that and Arya wasn't even in it.

It was teetering on being one of the worst when it was looking like Bronn had been poisoned to death, and the fact that I'm one of those here who think he's not coming back from Dorne alive made that extra suspenseful.

Seeing Jorah kicking ass in the fighting pits was pretty cool, and I've been wondering all season how Tyrion was going to get to make Dany's introduction. Though, based on the preview for next week's episode it doesn't look like Jorah will be back in her good graces (plus we've seen those stills with Jorah in the larger pit).

And while I'm on that subject, when you look at that still and see the stands with all the dead masters in Tokars, is Daenerys going to take Daario's advice and just slaughter them in their seats?

I had no problem with the change to have Maester Aemon pass away at the wall, and Sam's NW eulogy was nice. If they're also moving up the Sam the Player scene, I imagine they will likely cut out most if not all the actual boat journey to Oldtown. Would have had to spend time developing a better reason than ill-advised bravery to have Gilley jump his bones while nauseous on a boat, and I think this was a better choice (plus Ghost!)

But overall I think the last scene with the High Sparrow and Cersei put it over the top, and now I think I'm going to watch it again just for that.
We all know that Tyrion has a quick tongue... it's his turn to save Jorah
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Well it takes years to become a maester and there's only 2 books left. Also I think the important part is the fact that he's in the faceless man's company now.
In the books, I think he will go to the Citadel, find a book that explains the dragonglass and how to fight the wights; team up with Arya the faceless, and drag one of the Oldtown young kids with him (the aristocratic one maybe, after he gets into with one of the other boys and takes it too far) to become the Night's Watch's maester....

Or not... maybe he doesn't meet Arya at all - because she's in Braavos, I'm a dumbass and can't keep track of where people are anymore
Hulla Baller
AG
How old is Rickon in the last book? Is he supposed to unite the north again since Robb is gone? Is he even old enough to lead an army? I'm trying to figure out his role in the upcoming book.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
How old is Rickon in the last book? Is he supposed to unite the north again since Robb is gone? Is he even old enough to lead an army? I'm trying to figure out his role in the upcoming book.

Pretty sure he is still very young. He is more of a symbol for the north to rally around as "The last son of Eddard Stark" (that isn't about to become a tree). There were would have to be someone who serves as warden until he comes of age.
Saxsoon
AG
Isn't Rickon 3 to start the books? So 5 at the oldest?
pb488
AG
when rickon reappears in the tv series he'll be 33 according to my GoT TV series young character aging scale
hunter2012
AG
Does Cat of the Canals count as Arya meeting up with Sam?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Does Cat of the Canals count as Arya meeting up with Sam?
Did that already happen, my GoT books memory sucks since watching the show
redline248
AG
Yes.
mid90
AG
quote:
quote:

Well said, sir.
mid90
AG
quote:
Really was worried Bronn was going to die via the lamest characters ever. Thankfully he's still ticking, but I have no idea what in the world they're going to do with him and Jamie. Only thing I can think of is Dany/Tyrion landing in Dorne and Bronn/Jamie joining their cause from there?

Clearly, Bronn is going to get it on with all of the sandsnakes at once. And during it, he'll have a moment of clarity and realize how ****ing lucky he was that Jaime Lannister grabbed him away from Lollys and took him to Dorne. Then he'll HNNNNGGHH.
mid90
AG
Maybe I'm missed a line that indicated the fighting pits "fight" was a warm-up or something, but am I crazy or was that the dinkiest grand fighting pit ever?
bangobango
AG
quote:
Maybe I'm missed a line that indicated the fighting pits "fight" was a warm-up or something, but am I crazy or was that the dinkiest grand fighting pit ever?
You missed a line. Think Gladiator.
TheMasterplan
Best tits of the show so far
KidDoc
AG
quote:
This was one of the lower qualifying pits to weed out the weak fighters. It is customary for the Queen to drop in and watch some of those unannounced. That is why Jorah was not supposed to be in the arena as he didn't need to qualify.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.