**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,343 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
mid90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I figured as much. Thanks guys.
Joe Cole
Did anyone else notice how they almost made Alliser Thorne seem normal for 2 scenes when he told Jon his thoughts on the mission and then he actually seemed to whimper/sniffle at the eulogy before quickly reverting to form by giving Sam a warning?

So Sand Snakes in jail for attempting to kill princess yet still get to be in one cell together? Worked out well for Bronn though! It was best Sand Snakes moment to date

I'm anxious to see how Stannis in the blizzard plays out

Cat of the Canals killing Meryn Trant seems obvious and then she will get punished with blindness ?

Looks like Jon will get to take down a wight soon. Any chance he could be stabbed at Hardhome ?
Ol Jock 99
AG
I don't see blindness in the show.

Jon will be stabbed by Thorne after his return. I think the letter from Ramsey still happens.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Did anyone else notice how they almost made Alliser Thorne seem normal for 2 scenes when he told Jon his thoughts on the mission and then he actually seemed to whimper/sniffle at the eulogy before quickly reverting to form by giving Sam a warning?

I think the way Alliser Thorne is getting developed is tremendous. He reminds me a lot of Col. Tigh on the reimagined BSG during its first few seasons. he's an a-hole for good reason, because he's seen and done more than most. When the chips are down in crucial situations - i.e. the battle at the wall, he lets Jon Snow and the others know that he respects them and he's down for fighting alongside them and surviving - but when he seems them doing what he perceives as stupid-ass crap (everything with Tormund, having Gilly STILLL at the wall), he tells them what he thinks.

OnlyForNow
AG
Agree, Throne has become a great show character, much better than in the book as he is represented as a "heel" throughout the whole series.

I doubt Jon is stabbed at Hardhome, he will kill white walkers/wights to win over the wild-lings, and then get stabbed upon his return.

Easy set up for Arya to stab Meryn Tryant as Cat of the Canals. I bet she will be blinded, but it'll only last a few episodes into the next season (max at 3). Stannis is going to send the red lady back to castle black, she gets there just as Jon dies or shortly thereafter and then raises him from the dead. I am thinking she gives her life for his.
redline248
AG
I don't think Melisandre is interested in sacrificing herself for anyone.
OnlyForNow
AG
She is a looney-toon about the red god. She'll do it to bring Jon back to life, he'll be burning in his funeral prye and she'll see something in the flames. She walks in, he walks out.

I believe she has stated before that her versions of Stannis being the true king aren't 100% clear (at least it is made to seem that way in the book), but he has been a good vessel for her to get where she is supposed to go.

We still haven't seen Balon Greyjoy die, which we will see next week I believe, based on IMDB. That will coincide with something major, maybe instead of sacrificing Shireen he dies and that's how Stannis's army gets "power".
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
We still haven't seen Balon Greyjoy die, which we will see next week I bet, based on IMDB

I would like to think that too but IMDB definitely didn't feature the Nights King as referenced on the site for episode 7, so it's hard to go off of that site now. Though this episode does seem more likely for a white walker or two, and yet I have a hard time imagining the Nights King appearing in front of a large contingent without a lot of strength gathered with him.
MW03
AG
Predictions for the big drama to come:

Episode 8: Jon Snow kicks some white walker ass alongside Tormand to save a wildling village. They'll love him for it and agree to run south of the wall. The lack of white walkers at this point, plus the exposition of Sam giving Jon the obsidian daggers makes this pretty much a guarantee.

Episode 9: Dany gets ambushed in the pits by the Harpys; drogan saves the day and then flies off with Dany. Jorah, Tyrion, Grey Worm and Dario take over as the braintrust in Mereen. Basing this off the images from the season premiere trailer.

Episode 10: Cersei takes the perp walk through Downtown King's Landing; Theon escapes with Sansa; Brothers kill Jon Snow. Everyone loves Sansa getting free and Cersei getting her comeuppance. Maybe Arya kills Trent as well in this episode, making everyone feel great until the last scene which is Jon getting axed. Fade to black, everyone burns GRRM's house to the ground.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
I don't see blindness in the show.

Jon will be stabbed by Thorne after his return. I think the letter from Ramsey still happens.
Jaqen (the Kindly Man) said something in the "face vault" about taking her eyes and ears etcetera. I think temporary blindness is still on the table for the television series.
OnlyForNow
AG
Agree with most of your post, but someone did say that in the pit scene you can see a bunch of masters dead in the stands.

Maybe Dany listened to Darrio, I watched the episode via HBONow yesterday and it automatically starts the extra stuff after next weeks preview. In it DB talked about how Dany listens to and heeds Darrio's advice, about how she has to be a butcher or the meat and she becomes the butcher. Foreshadowing the slaughter at the pits.
rhutton125
AG
I'll be disappointed if it's Thorne that stabs Jon, but unfortunately he's the only dissenting Watchmen who's name we know.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I'll be disappointed if it's Thorne that stabs Jon, but unfortunately he's the only dissenting Watchmen who's name we know.
should be a group effort...per the books anyway. no one specific to blame, just the watch turning on him en masse.
Urban Ag
AG
I think Ollie will get the last stab in. He's been giving Jon the stinkeye for 2-3 episodes now.
M.C. Swag
OnlyForNow
AG
It'll be the group that the camera panned to when Throne was *****ing out Sam.
cledus6150
AG
Im kinda thinking that Bronn will turn on Jaime and side with the sand snakes just as the kings guard did in the books, which could lead to a good show down with hotah. As well I wonder if the man breaking Tyrion's chain was Strong Belwas if it was then we could see him play more parts with Tyrion, maybe in a role similar to what Bronn was. It would set up pretty good for the locust seen in the showdown with the harpies.
Xiuh
Everyone keeps mentioning Balon hasn't died yet, but I thought Tywin made a comment about him falling off the bridge a couple of seasons ago? I could have sworn he read it off a raven message.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Everyone keeps mentioning Balon hasn't died yet, but I thought Tywin made a comment about him falling off the bridge a couple of seasons ago? I could have sworn he read it off a raven message.
The problem with being both a book-reader and a show-watcher is keeping the two separate.

I THINK I recall in the Show that Stannis was trying to convince Davos that Melisandre and her leeches had been effective, at which time he mentioned both Joff and Robb. I think something was said about "two not being three." I do not remember any other mention of Balon's death.
Agustus Caesar
AG
if they do the pink letter or something equivalent and snow leaves (breaking night's watch vow), then Thorne may stab him.

if it's just brining wildlings to castle black and making them members of the Night's Watch, i think it's Olly and others that stab him.

Thorne is a duty-bound *****, not an insubordinate mutineer. Remember the way he didn't give two ****s about Jon Snow beheading Janos Slynt
Al Bula
AG
Sansa's speech to Theon didn't make it sound like Balon is dead yet.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
Im kinda thinking that Bronn will turn on Jaime and side with the sand snakes just as the kings guard did in the books, which could lead to a good show down with hotah. As well I wonder if the man breaking Tyrion's chain was Strong Belwas if it was then we could see him play more parts with Tyrion, maybe in a role similar to what Bronn was. It would set up pretty good for the locust seen in the showdown with the harpies.

Honestly I'm of the mindset that since they haven't introduced him, they will probably have Daario take his place with the locusts. He hasn't been captured and he is getting way too close to Dany IMO for something not to happen to him.
OnlyForNow
AG
Interesting though that Sansa clearly stated Theon was the last surviving son of Balon Greayjoy.

Guess Victorion and Eurion are dragon fodder.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The show doesn't need Balon Greyjoy to die. It doesn't have the Greyjoys involved in any of the fighting once Theon gets Moat Cailin to surrender, so why have him die? What part does it play in the plot?

I think the guy who cut Tyrion's chain was an homage to Strong Belwas for book readers, just like having Bronn sing the Dornishman's wife or Joffery reading the white book of the Kingsguard aloud. Nothing more.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Interesting though that Sansa clearly stated Theon was the last surviving son of Balon Greayjoy.

Victarion and Euron are Balon's brothers, not his sons.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:

Euron and Victarion are BROTHERS to Balon, not sons.
OnlyForNow
AG
DOH! That's right.
Agustus Caesar
AG
quote:
Episode 10: Cersei takes the perp walk through Downtown King's Landing; Theon escapes with Sansa; Brothers kill Jon Snow. Everyone loves Sansa getting free and Cersei getting her comeuppance. Maybe Arya kills Trent as well in this episode, making everyone feel great until the last scene which is Jon getting axed. Fade to black, everyone burns GRRM's house to the ground.

That would be a great last episode. Fans will be elated by three feel good endings, then it totally gets **** on!
Amaze
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

That would be a great last episode. Fans will be elated by three feel good endings, then it totally gets **** on!
Amaze

well add in....

Sansa/Theon - Ramsay gets killed in a wonderful way
Cersei - the mountain returns as Robert Strong on the kings guard, carries Cersei up the hill
Arya - maybe add the blindness, another downer after a feel good
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
if they do the pink letter or something equivalent and snow leaves (breaking night's watch vow), then Thorne may stab him.

if it's just brining wildlings to castle black and making them members of the Night's Watch, i think it's Olly and others that stab him.

Thorne is a duty-bound *****, not an insubordinate mutineer. Remember the way he didn't give two ****s about Jon Snow beheading Janos Slynt

I agree with the others that Olly will take part in the stabbing. In the book there were several taking part including those who had always been supporters of Jon. It made it even worse that it wasn't just Thorne and his crew. I also think Ed Tollet will take part. He has been voicing his displeasure with some of Jon's decisions.
Greeze06
AG
What did Sansa puck up on their walk? Looked like something she was thinking about stabbing him with.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Some sort of shank. Looked like a coring tool of somesort. Definitely to be used as a weapon.
OnlyForNow
AG
Cork screw.
Joe Cole
well I think we have this all wrapped up, why even bother with watching the last 3?

Definitely think a group effort on the stabbing with Olly getting the final blow

I always imagined Strong Belwas looking something like the Iron Sheik
OnlyForNow
AG
I pictured the fat boxer guy from mike tyson's super punch out. Ya know the one with an "X" bandaid on his belly button?!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.