**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,317 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
^
Why would she need Thoros? They're both red priest(ess)es. Presumably they all learn the same dark magic?
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
Will there even be a pink letter now?

Read my post a few above yours. I think it could still serve to move things on in the north.
I read it and I don't think it happens. Maybe Sansa and Reek run into Brienne and go looking for Bran or Rickon. Ramsay could send the letter to the watch, and Thorne, who I suspect to be in charge, will be like "he's dead and we aint giving' you shht." If Jon gets raised, I don't he'd ever be let in on what letters the Night's watch receives.
redline248
AG
quote:
^
Why would she need Thoros? They're both red priest(ess)es. Presumably they all learn the same dark magic?
I don't think she'll find Thoros, but (as I've continuously pointed out) Mel has never been able to bring anyone back to life. Her version of Rhllor's power is very, very different than that of Thoros. So much so that I question if Rhllor is the one that has been granting her power.
Post removed:
by user
redline248
AG
Question from the tv show thread:

quote:
If they don't burn the bodies of Stannis' dead army, is there going to be a horde of wights knocking on the Winterfell gate in the morning?
plowboy1065
S
So if Mel does bring Jon back, does he get revenge on those that stabbed him?
redline248
AG
Interesting point, since the Mountain is back (pretty much guaranteed, right). In LSH's case, she went mad before she died. Although, I agree if/when he is raised it won't be a long wait.
Fumbleruski
AG
quote:
I have to assume there is some sort of expiration date on a dead body. Wait too long and you end up with stone heart instead of a functioning person with no outward signs of death.

We don't know the timeline of that yet. All we know is that the RW was shocked at Thoros' ability to bring someone back multiple times. Thoros never was killed off, so he's still out there. We'll see.
Furlock Bones
AG
just finished and thought it was pretty meh. some good changes. some terrible changes.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
could be quite the epic start to next season.....

Jon in a funeral pyre....????
dany rescued or joins forces or ?
brienne finds theon/sansa
what of ramsay..he will come after her...maybe brienne gets him too
jamie returns to KL...cersei learns of myrcella blames jamie
LF and his forces sweep up Winterfell?
maergery and loras..and lancel?
what happens to the high sparrow and the faith militant

WAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I need book 6 GRRM!!!!!!!
Fumbleruski
AG
Starting to believe that the Jon Snow resurrection won't happen in the story. It's just the GRRM way of things. I think Danny is the one that finally ends up defeating the WW and taking the seven kingdoms.
Post removed:
by user
AggieHank86
AG
Are we certain that Brienne actually killed Stannis? The camera cut-out before the sword struck him.
OnlyForNow
AG
The problem with dany is that she still has no or little control over any of the dragons. Least of all Drogon... We are supposed to believe that she'll become a dragon master over the course of one book? Or do the dragons all of a sudden have a change of attitude about people.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Really, really good episode, except setting up for:

SEASON SIX: THE SEARCH FOR DANY!

I say 5 episodes of "where's Dany" minimum.
bangobango
AG
quote:
There's zero chance he dies completely. Only thing I'm curious about is how he is resurrected. I think it's Melisandre after everything we've seen on the show.

Also, the show has done very little with the dire wolves that all the Starks have the ability to warg into. If Jon was gonna warg into Ghost. They would have shown him having a dream he was ghost.
I think he will warg in the book, but I agree, they would've probably set it up more if they were going to do it in the show.
AustinAg2K
I just finished the episode and I thought it was terrible. Maybe because I already knew what would happen, but I felt like they were just trying to cram as many deaths in as possible. Myrcellas death seemed entirely unnecessary and it fails to fulfil M**** the Frogs prophecy. I also didn't like the scene where Arya killed Trant. It seemed like they just wanted to get it over with and put no setup into it. Varys showing up in Mereen seemed too convenient.

Regarding Stannis's death, I'm not so sure he will die trying to take Winterfell in the book. I think he likely dies at some point in the book, but unless Stannis dies a random death in battle, he won't die taking Winterfell. Brieanne is too far away to make it up there in time to kill him... and speaking of Brienna, what kind of crappy protector is she. Her moment finally comes to save a Stark and she ditches Sansa for a personal vendetta.

When it finally came time for Jon's death it just seemed to happen too quickly.
Agustus Caesar
AG
Confirmed dead:
Meryn trant
Stannis (presumably brienne didn't miss his head)
Myranda

Injured but death not confirmed visually/verbally onscreen:
Hizdar
Myrcella
Jon Snow
bangobango
AG
I think biggest surprise for me was how big Cersei's knockers were. She's been hiding those things for five seasons!
Hudson2508
AG
No way you can put Stannis in the confirmed dead. They didn't even show the blood of her swing. Jon is more confirmed dead than Stannis based on the show.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
I think biggest surprise for me was how big Cersei's knockers were. She's been hiding those things for five seasons!
They have grown and sagged since 300.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
quote:
Well, that was nearly 10 years ago. And she's had a kid.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

She matches Cersei more then!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How the hell is Stannis confirmed dead and Jon not?
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
How the hell is Stannis confirmed dead and Jon not?
Stannis is dead. Jon is dead.

Who fulfils "That which is dead may never die" is TBD.
mazzag
AG
I thought cersei looked great. I'd like to see what some of you sad sacks lay next to.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
I thought cersei looked great. I'd like to see what some of you sad sacks lay next to.
Who said she didn't?

I think she's pretty much the hottest one on the show. Non-perky teets included.
Post removed:
by user
Saxsoon
AG
Happy Fathers Day!!!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

This is a screen cap from the preview - Is that a woman on the hill overlooking Moat Cailin?...and why Moat Cailin...no characters we know are currently anywhere nea it....

Sorry to be a tool but I had to bump the "Lady Stoneheart gazing down at Moat Cailin" spoiler from Page 64.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
So if Mel does bring Jon back, does he get revenge on those that stabbed him?
I look forward to him chopping of Ollie's punk ass head.
Wade_3
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

She matches Cersei more then!
It was a body double during the nude scenes.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14/game-thrones-walk-shame

quote:
while Headey might not have been naked herself during all the shots (a body double was used)
PatAg
AG
If he comes back to life, there is no way he can stay in charge of the nights watch. Not only have they already decided he shouldn't lead them, but they will most likely be scared to death of him right? Finally get off that frozen hell hole.
PatAg
AG
That just references the walk, not being cleaned and whatnot...there's still hope!
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Interesting to put Varys in Mereen instead of bringing him back to KL to see Kevan and Pycelle.

I wanted to see this too, but Kevan hasn't been in this season enough for that to happen. It was a sick scene in the book though. Maybe next season...

Also when Dany got encircled am I the only that thought "that's a whole lot of rape headed her way." forgive me but it's dothraki.

Also I will laugh so hard if Jon doesn't come back(mainly all of the fan outrage), but I think Melisandre confirmed some kind of resurrection.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.