**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,256 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That is a fan created teaser, I'm pretty sure it's just edited bits and pieces of show that have already aired. I know the dialog is.
Agustus Caesar
AG
yup nothing new there
G Martin 87
AG
I know the likelihood is still really low, but this article has me hopeful that the big cliffhanger will be LSH, not Jon getting Caesared.

http://www.theverge.com/entertainment/2015/6/12/8755397/game-of-thrones-season-five-finale-lady-stoneheart-theory
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I know the likelihood is still really low, but this article has me hopeful that the big cliffhanger will be LSH, not Jon getting Caesared.

http://www.theverge.com/entertainment/2015/6/12/8755397/game-of-thrones-season-five-finale-lady-stoneheart-theory
wow....ok i had heard a few small things but this has stuff i had no idea had existed.

Kind of a summary if you just wanna read this instead.

I knew about the appendiz to AFOC listing monikers of LSH as Mother Mercy for example.

But I did not know:

This interesting IMDB listing for Catelyn/LSH in ep. 5.10 that was later removed:

This is a screen cap from the preview - Is that a woman on the hill overlooking Moat Cailin?...and why Moat Cailin...no characters we know are currently anywhere nea it....

Of course you also had the entire introduction of the Brotherhood without Banners and the resurrection of Dondarion - why show it at all if it was not integral....just to give Arya something to do for an episode. Doubtful they don't waste time on anything unnecessary.

It also suggests perhaps a bait and switch thinking Brienne has been waiting to rescue Sansa...but what if LSH swoops in and captures Brieene and we have the ending of the books where she is about to hang.

I agree still a long shot....but I also still never understood the Lena H. misdirection with the cryptic Lady Stoneheart picture tweet/message and I never heard her explain it. What if she knew but she didn't know when it would occur and jumped the gun.

hmmmmmm.....now i'm intrigued.

I still think Jon is knifed....but if LSH appears I think that means they leave Jon as a cliffhanger and LSH is the last thing revealed. If we got Jon and LSH...the internet will be down for days.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
"a mysterious figure appearing to be wearing a dress"

people can really see anything they want once their mind believes it.

I see a line.
Wes97
AG
I really don't get what all the LSH excitement is for anyway. I did not miss that storyline at all. It was not even much of a storyline anyway, really.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
I really don't get what all the LSH excitement is for anyway. I did not miss that storyline at all. It was not even much of a storyline anyway, really.

Agreed
LawAg05
AG
Crazy Tinfoil: Sansa/reek escape pursued by Ramsay only to have all of them caught by LSH. Storyline for the season ends with LSH deciding what to do with Ramsay.
MW03
AG
Maybe because the entirety of her story through 5 books is contained within an epilogue?
PatAg
AG
I would guess that the "mysterious figure" was brienne. Wasnt she watching from up high?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Yep
The Debt
Catelyn didn't die at moat callin. And even if it was lsh, why would she be at MC if that is where that image is? She is gonna kill some bolton bannermen? That's real groundbreaking stuff there.
jenn96
AG
At this point having LS show up, with no backstory of her resurrection, no meeting with Dondarrion, just lurching ZombieCat seems really - underwhelming. It's hard to put myself in the head of a non-reader if she appears - maybe the viewers are so starved for anything remotely positive to do with the Starks that it will be seen as an awesome twist. I see the reaction being more along the lines of 'wait...what?"

If they had made her the Ghost in Wintefell and showed a few scenes of Bolton soldiers getting killed by a mystery person, and her creating a sense of menace, THAT might have been a cool reveal. Oh well. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
You have no freaking clue where GRRM is going with her
Post removed:
by user
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nor do you, but to date the storyline has been very poorly developed and virtually meaningless. Why folks are excited about the storyline coming to the show is beyond me.
Why the hell would he include her if there wasn't something more to her. He has stated that he was upset that the writers of the show left out some of the highgarden brothers because he had a plan for them in the last two books. His favorite character left out of the show is LSH so she must have a part in this.
jenn96
AG
Point:
quote:
Why the hell would he include her if there wasn't something more to her

Counterpoint: Quentin Martell
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I always find it funny when people get upset about animals dying in tv or film. Is it bc we don't eat horses or dogs? No problem with some chickens or cows being killed?

No its bc animals are without fault and are usually defenseless. I don't have kids...Shireen's scene didn't get to me like those did.

Are you actually saying you have more empathy for an animal dying on TV than a child because you don't have children?

Yep, nor am I around kids at all in my daily life. TV child deaths just don't affect me. Animals dying or being tortured does.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Books 4&5 are filled with incidental characters of limited to no importance. Several POV characters who die with little plot advancement. LSH didn't get close to that much ink.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Books 4&5 are filled with incidental characters of limited to no importance. Several POV characters who die with little plot advancement. LSH didn't get close to that much ink.
Except she hasn't died yet. She still has a story to tell.
mid90
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nor do you, but to date the storyline has been very poorly developed and virtually meaningless. Why folks are excited about the storyline coming to the show is beyond me.

I love that storyline because (a) awesome revenge against the Freys and (b) some sweet fantasy magic.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why the hell would he include her [LSH] f there wasn't something more to her. He has stated that he was upset that the writers of the show left out some of the highgarden brothers because he had a plan for them in the last two books. His favorite character left out of the show is LSH so she must have a part in this.
Martin would never engage in misdirection, would he?
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:

Except she [LSH] hasn't died yet.
Yes, she has. At least once. She just did not stay that way.
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why the hell would he include her [LSH] f there wasn't something more to her. He has stated that he was upset that the writers of the show left out some of the highgarden brothers because he had a plan for them in the last two books. His favorite character left out of the show is LSH so she must have a part in this.
Martin would never engage in misdirection, would he?
Shhhh. I'm planning on starting a blood feud between the red and green Fossoways. LSH will play a small, but crucial bit in getting Tanton Fossoway to jump on a table and swear to kill Garlan Tyrell (Leonette Fossoway's husband! Ah ha!) in single combat. It will be a fun storyline, I promise! I'm a couple of hundred pages in already. Mums the word!
bangobango
AG
Never got all the LSH excitement either. I hated the character before she died. I was pissed when she came back.
K2-HMFIC
Well...

Speaking of characters returning Sky Austria showed the "Previously on GoT" and a quarter of it was spent reminding the viewer of Benjen Stark.

BJS > LSH

Duh-dayum.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
A 2-minute Previously on???

OnlyForNow
AG
When I first looked at this seasons IMDB page, Benjen stark was listed in the cast for episode 10... So there's that, not there anymore.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Holy crap......holy crap.

1. lots of Dorne stuff....so that ain't over....prediction: Doran lets them go only to have them attacked en route and Trystane is in on it....now nervous for Bronn and Myrcella.

2. the MOUNTAIN...i'm sure we get his return based on that and cersei's confession/perp walk and he saves/assists her

3. Meryn Trant...could not be any more obvious Arya is gonna get him

4. Benjen holy crap...wtf....Benjen...seriously....omg could be related to Jon's lineage as Benjen could know (Eddard could have told him)...or he simply returns as a WW or something. Hmmmm....thenyou've got whatever happens at the wall with Jon

5. Dany and Drogon...short preview i bet it's gonna be short...Tyrion/Jorah/ Daario rule in a council...Dany in the wilderness with drogon maybe meet the dothraki

6. Sansa light the signal foreshadowing....she gonna get rescued...but by who? Brienne, LF, LSH? or does ramsay surprise again.

7. Stannis marches on Winterfell...what happens to him, Ramsay, Melisandre?

AAAGGGGHHHHH looks epic. Not sure how it can fit in an hour now though.....

Thats a LOT.

est. time per story:

1. 5-7 minutes, could play out fast but they spent a long time on it in the preview
2. 8-10 minutes gotta stretch out Cersei's confession and punsihment (what about Margaery and Loras...not a peep from them lately...hmmmm...could be a misdirection)
3. 8-10 minutes based on how they've been doing Braavos scenes long and slow
4. 10-14 minutes, no idea how benjen plays into it, but Jon has to be the focus here
5. 5-7 minutes, i think the big scene for dany/drogon was last week...but now gotta set up whats next
6. 6-8 minutes, no clue here really but it seems simple...light the fire, try to rescue, chaos ensues
7. 8-10 minutes (could be combined with #6 or minimized as i doubt they show much if any battle) but Stannis fate has to be included and some Mel magic (alluded to it too much)

Thats 50-66 minutes without knowing how Benjen is involved. Taking the average puts it at 58 minutes. It's doable I suppose. Seems like a lot though.
rhutton125
AG
Someone passed along a theory that they read saying that Daario Noharis is Benjen Stark.

Worst theory ever?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Someone passed along a theory that they read saying that Daario Noharis is Benjen Stark.

Worst theory ever?
yes quite possibly....and there have been a lot of bad ones...

so he abandons the north and his family for Essos and then Dany?
plus they look nothing alike.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:

Worst theory ever?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
supposedly Ep. 10 was leaked online...i haven't found it (a torrent) most are labeled as fakes or virus...

a few pics were leaked though. i won't spoiler those here even though this is book readers/spoilers thread...really they are just pics and could be anything...but definitely could feed into some of the theories we have had here....
bangobango
AG
So, this is the most anticipated season finale so far for me, I guess because they've caught up with the books and we don't know what way they will go. I am very intrigued about the Benjen Stark stuff.

And it's kind of unusual that they spent 0 minutes this season on Bran. That's going to be jarring when they come back to him next year and he's several years older than the last time we saw him. Could he make a surprise appearance tonight? Probably not since nothing is in the "previously on".

I guess when they come back to him he's going to be full-on tree man so maybe his aging won't matter that much?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.