**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,381 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have always believed that Ramsay will kill Roose in a fit of rage driven by a conservative/logical decision by Roose to do "A" when Ramsay preferred "B" which was rash and dangerous. And Roose already has a healthy fear of his son. So yeah, the armor stays on.
Urban Ag
AG
MW03

Jon's parentage is probably still an important part. He probably is the love child of Wolf and Dragon. Or he could be one of the greatest literary trolls of all time, the son of a ***** who dies at the hands of his own troops. But I doubt it. So yeah it would be nice if Bran could conjure up some Tower of Joy memories or at least if someone could rustle up Howland and get him to spill his guts.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Bran is basically the only person who could find out the truth about Jon at this point right? But even if that's the case, how could he go about telling Jon? Could Jon find a new way to communicate with Bran through the trees or warging?
MW03
AG
I want Bran to tell the watchers about it through a tree vision. I'd bet Varys knows anyway. He's all over the Targ knob. He can tell Jon when Dany shows up with a dragon for him to ride against the White Walkers.

Because remember the White Walkers? They have to attack at some point, and Dany has to come to Westeros at some point? Right guys? Right? Guys?
Urban Ag
AG
And for my next goofball prediction...........Tyrion actually is Tywin's son, but the twins aren't.
redline248
AG
Jon can also warg in the books, so it's certainly possible he and Bran communicate that way. In fact, didn't Bran already do it once, but Jon didn't know what was going on?

Is it possible that Barristan knows the truth about Rhaegar and Lyanna?
Post removed:
by user
Urban Ag
AG
Here is another really ridiculous angle. John's a Baratheon. Let's say Lyanna and Robert had too much Arbor red and one got past the goalie. She already had her reservations about marrying him. So she panics when she finds out she is with child and runs to her true love, Rheagar. Ned raises the boy as his own at the request of his dieing sister.

Somehow Jon survives the attack or his brought back by Mel. Stannis eventually dies. When the dust settles after the war between the Dragons and the Others, Jon emerges are the true heir to Robert Baratheon and claims the Iron Throne. ??
redline248
AG
But then how will he ever marry Dany? No way she gets over him being the son of the usurper.
Urban Ag
AG
I don't think Dany is going to have a happy ending. But that is just me.
redline248
AG
I certainly think it's a possibility, but there has been way too much foreshadowing that she wins, and likely with the help of Jon. Her infatuation with Rhaegar, her vision of the blue flower in the wall, etc.

Probably a classic Martin misdirection, though. Especially if Jon is dead
JonSnow
I don't think Sansa is going to get the Theon treatment. Even in a brutal show, I don't think the audience could tolerate it. I think she becomes the Lady Stoneheart in some fashion. Maybe with the help of Briene?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
nah.

i think they leave out any undead relating to starks and women in general....however i believe both the mountain and the hound will end up being resurrected. the mountain by qyburn and the hound by the brotherhood who come upon him after we last saw him in the tv show. when they reveal that who knows...but somehoe he helps avenge the starks against the freys and boltons, as does brienne. sansa may or may not exact her revenge directly...it may be through others.

as for the overall grand arc....well i believe as i always have.....for both the books and tv....

in the end it is jon and dany ruling westeros and tyrion gets casterly rock as he plays some hand in helping dany and is rewarded and is the only lannister left alive.

everyone else pretty much has had their claim and position and everything handed to them in some way. Or simply a power hungry play.

dany was stripped down to nothing and on her own in another land and makes her way back alone, albeit very slowly. nobody thought a woman queen alone could accomplish what she has and that will continue.

jon is a ******* (or believes he is, as do others) and gave up everything to protect the realm from the most terrifying threat externally (plenty of internal threats) and he has done so valiantly. he always turns down the higher positions but in the end he will come around either through love or simply because everyone else is dead.

tyrion was an outcast of his own family surviving on his wits alone and falsely accused of many crimes, plus a few he actually did and was justified in doing.

to me GoT has always been a story of redemption and those three characters had the least or lost the most and started from nothing basically. i have always believe those 3 will triumph and survive. anyone else is simply fodder in some way.
Houston Lee
AG
How many more seasons do they want to do the show?

That answer will tell you if they are leaving out parts of the books so they can tell that part of the story in another season.

Do they need to drag the story out or are they speeding it up because there maybe only another season or two left for the show?
redline248
AG
Isn't the HBO model 7 seasons?
Post removed:
by user
The Debt
quote:
Jon can also warg in the books, so it's certainly possible he and Bran communicate that way. In fact, didn't Bran already do it once, but Jon didn't know what was going on?

baristan wasn't at the tower of joy. He was in the stormlands, iirc.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:

That's not what I meant. But as one who claims to know Rhaegar pretty well, couldn't he have at least known about him and Lyanna being lovers, or whatever? I suppose it's hard to know how long b/w when Rhaegar "took" Lyanna and when Ned found her at the tower, so he might not have ever known if she was pregnant. Just a thought.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I could see the show (probably not the books) bringing back Benjen Stark and having him tell Jon about his parentage.
rhutton125
AG
I think I agree with some of the thoughts shared above.

Game of Thrones (book 1) gave us the perspectives of the Stark family (Ned, Catelyn, Arya, Sansa, Bran, Jon), Tyrion and Dany. Book 2, there was no Ned but we started to add peripheral characters... Theon, Davos. Book 3 gives us Jaime and Brienne, kills off Catelyn, etc.

But the way I see it, the characters that have been keys, since the very beginning, were... the surviving Starks, Jon Snow, Tyrion and Dany.

I wouldn't expect Aegon, or Euron Greyjoy, or Ramsay Snow, or anyone who wasn't introduced until Book 4 or 5 to be the final champion of Westeros. If GRRM didn't feel the need to write them into the first three books, when it was originally intended as a trilogy, then I doubt they'll be the last ones standing at the end of the seventh book.
rhutton125
AG
Like... even though I thought Jon Connington was the bomb, there's no way Aegon was going to conquer the seven kingdoms. He wasn't even named until halfway through the fifth book. Not only that but he was barely hinted at, whereas we'd had pages and pages or boring Dany chapters.
The Debt
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's not what I meant. But as one who claims to know Rhaegar pretty well, couldn't he have at least known about him and Lyanna being lovers, or whatever? I suppose it's hard to know how long b/w when Rhaegar "took" Lyanna and when Ned found her at the tower, so he might not have ever known if she was pregnant. Just a thought.

Was it a secret that rheagar and Lyanna were lovers?

To hear it told by robert, rheagar captured her. But i thought it was understood by everyone else that she went willingly.

That triangle was roberts grievance, but Ned and arryn marched because of the stark execution.
JonSnow
So if Sansa avenges the Starks and takes over the North could we have the War of the Three Queens? Danny, Sansa, and Margery(who either kills or dominates Tommen)?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
If so, I hope they settle it be a trial of pillow fighting.
redline248
AG
Tommen is probably into that sort of thing.
bangobango
AG
They're not going to do a tower of joy reveal until right before they do the full reveal. That scene would be way too obvious on screen and they don't want to give it up too early.
AustinAg2K
quote:

The show is far superior to the books.

I disagree. I think the only reason the show works is because readers of the book are there to explain what is going on. I know my wife is always asking me to explain what his happening, or, "Who the f' is that guy?" It'll be interesting to see how things work out with the tv show making such drastic changes.

Another thing to consider when complain about all the useless stories in the book, is that Martin isn't just writing the story of Danny, or John Snow. He's writing about the World of Westeros. It has a main story line, but he's also creating threads just to give you some bit of information about a family history or something. Not everyone likes that, but I prefer it. I think it makes for a really rich world, which seems very authentic.
AustinAg2K
quote:
So if Sansa avenges the Starks and takes over the North could we have the War of the Three Queens? Danny, Sansa, and Margery(who either kills or dominates Tommen)?
I believe that's referred to as, "The Great Cat Fight."
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:
I believe that's referred to as, "The Great Cat Fight."
Many lives will be lost
AustinAg2K
I don't think they are going to torture Sansa. They've already done that story line. I also don't think she will kill Ramsey at the wedding. That will be too predictable. I think Theon will help Sansa escape. They'll meet up with Brieanne outside of Winterfell and she will help them escape to the wall, but they'll run into Stannis's army and get captured (giving Stannis Northern support and getting Brieanne close to Stannis). Ramsey will think she's gone to the Wall, though, and demand her return causing Jon to try and raise an army and ultimately be betrayed. That's how the season is going to end. Just like the last book, with the status of Jon in question.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
Just like the last book, with the status of Jon in question.

I can't wait for that to scene to air, the outrage is going to be amazing. Facebook and Twitter will be a comedic goldmine.
rhutton125
AG
I hope Theon doesn't have to "get her ready" for the bedding like in the books.

shudder
bangobango
AG
I guess this may be a spoiler now, but haven't they already said something awful is going to happen to Sansa this season?
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
I don't think they are going to torture Sansa. They've already done that story line. I also don't think she will kill Ramsey at the
wedding. That will be too predictable. I think Theon will help Sansa
escape. They'll meet up with Brieanne outside of Winterfell and she
will help them escape to the wall, but they'll run into Stannis's army
and get captured (giving Stannis Northern support and getting Brieanne
close to Stannis). Ramsey will think she's gone to the Wall, though,
and demand her return causing Jon to try and raise an army and
ultimately be betrayed. That's how the season is going to end. Just
like the last book, with the status of Jon in question.

that would flow pretty well and lend to this new or renewed hatred Brienne is having for Stannis

Thunder18
AG
quote:
I don't think they are going to torture Sansa. They've already done that story line. I also don't think she will kill Ramsey at the wedding. That will be too predictable. I think Theon will help Sansa escape. They'll meet up with Brieanne outside of Winterfell and she will help them escape to the wall, but they'll run into Stannis's army and get captured (giving Stannis Northern support and getting Brieanne close to Stannis). Ramsey will think she's gone to the Wall, though, and demand her return causing Jon to try and raise an army and ultimately be betrayed. That's how the season is going to end. Just like the last book, with the status of Jon in question.

You make some solid points, I wouldn't be shocked to see some of the story play out like that in the show

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.