**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,208 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
over under on page count for WoW?

1500?
He'll write 1500 pages on the feast before the Battle of WInterfell.

Here's a little distraction of a game for you. You're given the chance to look into the future and learn the fate of any 2 characters from GOT - but only one of them can be from the quartet of Tyrion, Arya, Jon, and Dany. What two do you pick?

Dumb selections of Hodor, Sh****dog, Moonboy, Patchface, etc. are welcome.
MichaelJ
AG
interesting game...

i pick Tyrion - to me, in the book and in the show he is the best character and seeing how he fits in to the end will be absolutely very interesting...a close second of best character is Dany...

for my second character, I pick Aegon Targaryen - admittedly, because i think this will also give a glimpse in to Dany's future as well
Ol Jock 99
AG
Book:
Arya--Might be my favorite book character (along with Tyrion). She's not going to get randomly killed. But what does she do?
Bran--What will the Green Seer wrought? Should be very cool.

TV:
Tyrion--As goes Tyrion, so goes Dany. And Peter D is freaking nails.
Margaery--Will she wield the power of Highgarden and Casterly Rock....or get ridden out of town bald and naked?
The Dog Lord
AG
My first reactions were:
  • Jon Snow: Although Tyrion is a fav of mine and could play significant role and Dany is more likely to rule and has dragons that will certainly play a massive role in the conclusion, Jon Snow has the biggest potential to be a turning point character (will he be a legitimate Targ, released from his vows, survive til the end, be a servant of the others, etc.).
  • Littlefinger: He has always intrigued me, and I'm very interested to see how far he can climb before the inevitable fall. His story would also likely give me a glimpse into the results of a few other storylines or at least the ends of a few characters (Sansa, possibly the north struggle in general, the Lannisters/Tyrells, etc.).
For the rest of the "big 4" I would have to say Tyrion and then Dany, but it was close and I'm uneasy about that order. Arya's story could give us so much on the Faceless Men and Nymeria, but I just couldn't pick her over what the other three could reveal. The "supporting character" choice could change on any given day. Others I considered in no particular order were Euron, Stannis, Melissandre, Varys, Doran...
OnlyForNow
AG

Is it like a jump into the future where all that happens between what we know as of now and then isn't learned or available and we just see them at present?

Example...
Do we get to know their whole story or just what happens in the end? Like if I say Jon, and it turns out he dies along the way, do I just get, "Jon died".

I honestly wouldn't want to ruin it for myself, I'd pick Davoss and Breanne, funny thing though. From those two ancillary characters you might be able to figure out what happens with the Starks and stannis.

Saxsoon
AG
Tyrion will reveal Dany's future and potentially Jon's

Bran or Littlefinger would be next
mid90
AG
Patchface and Rickon.
mid90
AG
I really hope we get to see Ser Robert Strong this season. There was a tiny scene when he twitches on the table behind Qyburn early on the season. Really hope we get more of him.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I really hope we get to see Ser Robert Strong this season. There was a tiny scene when he twitches on the table behind Qyburn early on the season. Really hope we get more of him.
if it goes like the book basically he will turn up at the end of Cerei's walk...they may talk about him prior to that, joining the kingsguard.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
All we will see is a great big suit of armor. Not too exciting, in my view.

Personally, I am hoping for a double-feature walk-of-shame featuring both Margery and Cersei. (a man can dream, can he not?)

I feel pretty certain that Lena Headey's physique will not have undergone the same level of deterioration described for Cersei in the book. I have a picture from "300" still in my mind for her. Being an A-List actress, certainly she has a good personal trainer, right?

P.S. I still cannot get over my sudden realization from last night that Lady Olena was a Bond Girl ... one of my favorites, in fact.
BJM1781
AG
Pretty sure they used a body double for Lena's Walk of Shame scene, so it won't even be her t & a on display.
plowboy1065
S
I read there were only 4 people allowed on set for the walk. Don't see why so few people for a body double
Post removed:
by user
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

Is it like a jump into the future where all that happens between what we know as of now and then isn't learned or available and we just see them at present?

Example...
Do we get to know their whole story or just what happens in the end? Like if I say Jon, and it turns out he dies along the way, do I just get, "Jon died".

I honestly wouldn't want to ruin it for myself, I'd pick Davoss and Breanne, funny thing though. From those two ancillary characters you might be able to figure out what happens with the Starks and stannis.

You must be a hoot at parties.
OnlyForNow
AG
I'm a *********blast!
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
quote:
"What's the plan?"
"I like to improvise."
" well, that would explain the golden hand."

Classic Bronn
Saxsoon
AG
Bronn is seriously the best improvement on the show
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
quote:
Book:
Arya--Might be my favorite book character (along with Tyrion). She's not going to get randomly killed. But what does she do?
Bran--What will the Green Seer wrought? Should be very cool.

TV:
Tyrion--As goes Tyrion, so goes Dany. And Peter D is freaking nails.
Margaery--Will she wield the power of Highgarden and Casterly Rock....or get ridden out of town bald and naked?
You think Bran actually gets anymore POV chapters? I find it unlikely given that he is stuck in a cave for the rest of his life. I see him being the epilogue for the entire series, however.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
Jorah gets killed or mortally wounded, Darrio gets taken prisoner, Hizadath gets eaten by Drogon, Dany flies away on Drogon or he takes her away unwillingly, leaving Tyroin and grey worm, along with messandei (the chick who like grey worm).

That would leave it just about the same as the books.

...but no Bloody Flux!
OnlyForNow
AG
I didn't even remember the BF until it was brought up on this thread, granted it's been three years since I read Dwd
SpreadsheetAg
AG
What if... TV_Sansa wanted Ramsay to THINK he was in control so she let him "have it his way" in order to lull him into a sense of complacency? Perhaps she is playing the game even through this?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I still think Bran will be able to warg the dragons....
agmatt06
AG
quote:
What if... TV_Sansa wanted Ramsay to THINK he was in control so she let him "have it his way" in order to lull him into a sense of complacency? Perhaps she is playing the game even through this?

Long term, yes I think that's what will play out. Her and Theon will team up and either kill Ramsay or have a big role in taking Winterfell back.

Short term, if that's the game she's playing, she full committed by giving herself to him. That is probably her most valuable card and she played it pretty early...
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I'm also curious to see when Tommen and Mercella will perish... And which of Cerseis "little brothers" (valonqar) will kill her, Tyrion or Jaime (she was born first right?)

quote:
The old woman was not done with her, however. "Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds," she said. "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."
Ol Jock 99
AG
The most powerful warg in ages who is becoming a green seer? I don't know what the show will do with, but he's definitely not done in the books.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I'm also curious to see when Tommen and Mercella will perish... And which of Cerseis "little brothers" (valonqar) will kill her, Tyrion or Jaime (she was born first right?)

quote:
The old woman was not done with her, however. "Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds," she said. "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

or Stannis....it translates to "litttle brother"...not necessarily your little brother.
OnlyForNow
AG
If we are going down roads of not Cersi's little brother I am going with Tommen killing his mother.
Joe Cole
it really is incredible how many characters and loose ends there are right now
AggieHank86
AG
quote:

quote:

"The valonqar," not "your valonqar."

Not necessarily a reference to either Tyrion or Jamie.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
or Stannis....it translates to "litttle brother"...not necessarily your little brother.

or Loras. or Aegon. Etc.

It will be interesting to learn the answer to this question.
OnlyForNow
AG
It's gonna be freakin' Rickon!!!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
....although Jamie killing her in his last act before dying has a certain poetic justice.....like he is dying and stabs her...and he dies shortly before she does from that wound....

just like they came into the world, just moments apart.
OnlyForNow
AG
That is how it will most likely play out.

Cersi will be the reason the last two kids get killed and Jamie will choke her to death.
jenn96
AG
There are a LOT of little brothers out there. Jamie, Tyrion, Rickon, Sandor Clegane, Tommen, Stannis, Loras, Fake Aegon (if he's actually Aegon), and Theon, to just name a few. Obviously most of those characters won't be anywhere near Cersei the rest of the story but they are out there.

My gut says it will be Jamie (in the books at least). Tommen would be a real possibility in the show but he's way too young in the books.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
It could be a swarthy dwarf... Little.. Brother..

I suspect that the use of High Valyrian means it could be a Targareon as well... Jon Snow?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.