**Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)**

342,382 Views | 2543 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Al Bula
Greeze06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Unfortunately that all is a season too late. That's what they should have had this season.

Use Bran to show young Ned and Robert and fill lots of blanks.

Keep greyjoy story line going. Euron and victorion had some bad ass intense scenes.

Wolf dreams with nymeria leading the pack killing freys with lady stoneheart as well.

Sand snakes and dark star actually being bad ass in the books.

That bad ass warrior from the vale (name?) Who was questioning it all.

John having dreams with ghost.

Develop these rushed storylines this scene a little better. They have left out all the bad assess and storylines that would have made this season great and went with the dumb crap.
redline248
AG
Do we really give a crap about who has the best claim? This whole story started by recapping an uprising against the rightful king. It's never been about who has the best claim, it's about who has the most power and support.

By the time this thing is over, it's likely to be Littlefinger as King of Westeros. (which would totally suck, f_ck that guy).
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Jamie/Bronn/Dorne - whatever is gonna happen with that? I suspect Jamie barely escapes with Myrcella somehow.

I vote that Jaime wakes up from a fevered dream with both hands and tells his best friend Bronn that he had a crazy dream about a ridiculous place called Dorne.
i would not object to that - lol...

Ah yes, giving it the ol Pam Ewing treatment.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Supernatural, Greyjoy, and a couple of random Knights. Great for the hard core book fans. Not so great for the average show only fan.

I told my wife (show only) about Lady Stoneheart. Exact quote: "That sounds incredibly dumb. Glad she wasn't included".
The Debt
quote:
Do we really give a crap about who has the best claim? This whole story started by recapping an uprising against the rightful king. It's never been about who has the best claim, it's about who has the most power and support.

By the time this thing is over, it's likely to be Littlefinger as King of Westeros. (which would totally suck, f_ck that guy).

How do you not love LF? Plus his sigil is the mockingbird, the state bird of Texas.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Supernatural, Greyjoy, and a couple of random Knights. Great for the hard core book fans. Not so great for the average show only fan.

I told my wife (show only) about Lady Stoneheart. Exact quote: "That sounds incredibly dumb. Glad she wasn't included".
<Whistles>
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:

How do you not love LF? Plus his sigil is the mockingbird, the state bird of Texas.
Mockingbird is also the state bird of Arkansas...which is the US equivalent of the Fingers, by my estimation. Therefore, F him.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Ok, something new. If you watch the show with non bookies, who are characters you fell pretty darn differently about?

The Jocks: Theon/Reek!
Me: Pretty much pity the poor wretch.
Wife: Hates him and hope he dies the 2nd most painful death on the show (after Ramsey)
AggieSouth06
quote:
Unfortunately that all is a season too late. That's what they should have had this season.

Use Bran to show young Ned and Robert and fill lots of blanks.

Keep greyjoy story line going. Euron and victorion had some bad ass intense scenes.

Wolf dreams with nymeria leading the pack killing freys with lady stoneheart as well.

Sand snakes and dark star actually being bad ass in the books.

That bad ass warrior from the vale (name?) Who was questioning it all.

John having dreams with ghost.

Develop these rushed storylines this scene a little better. They have left out all the bad assess and storylines that would have made this season great and went with the dumb crap.

I disagree almost across the board. Euron showing up next season is fine because it fits with the Oldtown story of a major, established character. Victarion's ultimate usefulness is to deliver a navy to Dany, which the show avoided.

Don't need Darkstar. Stoneheart is one of my least favorite book subplots and I think it's ultimately pointless.

The Sand Snakes are underdeveloped but we don't know anything about them in the books (yet). I'll also hold out hope that they flesh out a little (not a boob reference).

Neutral on the wolf dreams.

Agree that I wish Bran was still in this season.
AgDev01
AG
quote:
rightfully it belongs to the Targaryens and has for hundreds of years...

Don't forget of the Baratheons do have a blood claim to the throne through the Targeryen's which was cited when during Robert's rebellion. Outside of any theories on lineage Dany, obviously, is the only person i can think of with a stronger blood claim and she is half a world away. Jon would have a stronger claim once that is revealed but i've always thought he ends up as a legendary figure rather than someone who just sits on the iron throne.

Personally Stannis is one of my favorite characters. I think the way he was portrayed the first few seasons didn't do his character justice but they show has gotten better with him as it has gone on.

Saxsoon
AG
I don't think Jon will sit the throne, but I do think he is a Targ and will become a legend in Westeros
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Stannis faces a difficult decision

Isn't this Stannis' plot line from every episode of the series?

The biggest problem I have with the Jamie/Dorne plot I've realized is that I don't care what happens. Myrcella lives or Myrcella dies, who cares? She's a nobody - we all know Tommen can't possibly be long for the crown, nor any other Lannister. Her being in peril does nothing to motivate my show-watching emotions one way or another.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Agree with most of your post, but someone did say that in the pit scene you can see a bunch of masters dead in the stands.

Maybe Dany listened to Darrio, I watched the episode via HBONow yesterday and it automatically starts the extra stuff after next weeks preview. In it DB talked about how Dany listens to and heeds Darrio's advice, about how she has to be a butcher or the meat and she becomes the butcher. Foreshadowing the slaughter at the pits.
Could be that the masters ate the poisoned locusts (since there is no Strong Belwas), and Dany noticed what was going on?
marble rye
AG
quote:
The biggest problem I have with the Jamie/Dorne plot I've realized is that I don't care what happens. Myrcella has no boobs worth seeing so who cares?

FIFY
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
I pictured the fat boxer guy from mike tyson's super punch out. Ya know the one with an "X" bandaid on his belly button?!
For Strong Belwas?

Here's the gy from S.5-E.7

I always kinda saw a Majin Buu or Mr. Popo from Dragonball Z

Here's a fan-art picture of SB:
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Also, per Watchers on the Wall, they are casting the following characters for next season:

- Euron Greyjoy
- Randyll Tarley (and wife and son)
- Young Ned and Robert
- A few more characters that are harder to ID

So Sam goes to Oldtown, interacts with his family along the way, and gets caught up in Euron's conquest of the Reach?

Bran sees a "flashback" in his treevision?

Speculate away.
COULD they split up the seasons like they did the books? I imagine that would be pretty hard at this point, since all the "main" characters are represented...

But, could season 6 be about:
-Wyman Manderley
-Rickon
-Lady Stoneheart
-Quentyn (nope, nevermind, too late for that)
-Damphair vs Euron vs Victarion
-Randyl Tarley
-The Hound
-Aegon / Young Griff

That's probably too weak / minor of characters to carry on and hold out until season 7... but who knows
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
I really, really, don't think Stannis is going to allow Shireen to be killed. Now, if Mel is sent back to the wall I could definitely see the Queen allowing it to happen and Jon being re-born. This will probably lead to Stannis having his wife killed and banishing Mel. Then maybe Stannis can take a hottie younger wife and his troops won't make fun of him behind his back so much

Stannis is survivor. And I really don't think they injected the heartfelt scene with his daughter if they were not at least trying to make the viewing audience warm up to him more. I still think in the end that he sits the Iron Throne.
Stannis marries Sansa Stark
marble rye
AG
quote:
I really, really, don't think Stannis is going to allow Shireen to be killed. Now, if Mel is sent back to the wall I could definitely see the Queen allowing it to happen and Jon being re-born.

quote:
"I had bad dreams," Shireen told him. "About the dragons. They were coming to eat me."

The child had been plagued by nightmares as far back as Maester Cressen could recall. "We have talked of this before," he said gently. "The dragons cannot come to life. They are carved of stone, child.

ASOS; Davos

quote:
"Your brother's blood," Melisandre said. "A king's blood. Only a king's blood can wake the stone dragon."
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
The biggest problem I have with the Jamie/Dorne plot I've realized is that I don't care what happens. Myrcella has no boobs worth seeing so who cares?

FIFY

Actress who plays her was born in 1999. Someone post the "To Catch a Predator" gif for Jorge please.
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
The biggest problem I have with the Jamie/Dorne plot I've realized is that I don't care what happens. Myrcella lives or Myrcella dies, who cares? She's a nobody - we all know Tommen can't possibly be long for the crown, nor any other Lannister. Her being in peril does nothing to motivate my show-watching emotions one way or another.
I'm wondering if Myrcella's only purpose in the HBO version is to get Jaime out of King's Landing so that he can't save Cersei from the Faith Militant and can't be arrested himself by the High Sparrow.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

FIFY

Actress who plays her was born in 1999. Someone post the "To Catch a Predator" gif for Jorge please.

Marcella has no boobs that are legal to see, so who cares?
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
quote:
quote:
I really, really, don't think Stannis is going to allow Shireen to be killed. Now, if Mel is sent back to the wall I could definitely see the Queen allowing it to happen and Jon being re-born. This will probably lead to Stannis having his wife killed and banishing Mel. Then maybe Stannis can take a hottie younger wife and his troops won't make fun of him behind his back so much

Stannis is survivor. And I really don't think they injected the heartfelt scene with his daughter if they were not at least trying to make the viewing audience warm up to him more. I still think in the end that he sits the Iron Throne.
Stannis marries Sansa Stark

Stansa?
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm wondering if Myrcella's only purpose in the HBO version is to get Jaime out of King's Landing so that he can't save Cersei from the Faith Militant and can't be arrested himself by the High Sparrow.
That's possible, but what is her purpose in the books? Pretty much the same has happened...a failed kidnapping (instead of a murder - I guess the SS were going to kill her on the show?).
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I also think the only reason Melisandre left with Stannis on the war effort in the show is because it would have been a huge plot hole if she's yapping on about king's blood and then they have the funeral for Aemon TARGAREYN right in front of her.

Makes her look like a real dope for wanting to murder a 10-year-old when there's a 180-year-old man three doors down with a lot more of the royal stuff running through his veins.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Fair point.
OnlyForNow
AG
One thing I question, now that you say that... is why would Joffery's blood actually work? He wasn't really king, he was an incest *******.

Robb, ok at least he was recognized by his people and had somewhat royal blood I guess.
Renly, ya he was Robert's brother so he was in line to be king after Stannis.
Balon, ??? why would his blood be "king's blood" he is a squid out on a rock.
redline248
AG
The blood wasn't theirs, it was Robert's b_stard's blood that was used to kill them (or so Melisandre believes).
Post removed:
by user
OnlyForNow
AG
But wasn't it King's blood to kill a king?

Or is it just king's blood to get rid of competitors?
Post removed:
by user
MW03
AG
Okay, I was kidding before. But now I am really starting to think Melisandre is going to kill Stannis and use his king's blood vis-a-vis Robert to resurrect Jon Snow as Azor Ahai to defeat the White Walkers and the Night's King.
redline248
AG
quote:
But wasn't it King's blood to kill a king?

Or is it just king's blood to get rid of competitors?
It is just that king's blood is supposed to be powerful enough for that sort of magic, according to Mel. I don't think it matters who the target is. Like if he had burned leeches full of the king's blood and said "Joe from flea bottom," then Joe might be screwed.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
Okay, I was kidding before. But now I am really starting to think Melisandre is going to kill Stannis and use his king's blood vis-a-vis Robert to resurrect Jon Snow as Azor Ahai to defeat the White Walkers and the Night's King.
I would buy that if the show had spent any time at all explaining the mythology of Azor Ahai. To this point, they've only hinted at Jon's heritage without giving any insight into his potential destiny/prophecy.
mid90
AG
quote:

No way. He's got a blind spot: Sansa. Once she figures out he betrayed her father, she's going to stab him in the back. Literally.
redline248
AG
We can only hope. However, in true GRRM fashion, she'll find out, plan out some awesome move, only to have a tree fall on her in the woods.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.