Outdoors
Sponsored by

Saltwater Flyfishing

463,814 Views | 3068 Replies | Last: 49 min ago by dmperch
Salt of the water
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finally got the new sled home. The fit and finish is definitely Mexico quality but that's what I expected for the price. Freeboard and bow are more substantial than what I was expecting. I think it'll be a decent jetty / surf rig.

Hopefully I can get it registered and rigged in time to catch the tail end of the fall action.

FBG_Ag78
AG
Sweet ride!
Centerpole90
AG
Serious boat buyer is serious boat buyer!!
Salt of the water
AG
Centerpole90 said:

Serious boat buyer is serious boat buyer!!

The guy said he had people offering over asking to try and buy it out from under me. I'm glad I jumped on it when I did.
Salt of the water
AG
Why is everyone unloading their beavers right now?

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/#/topics/2072778?_k=5d8ajp
RickSawyer
AG
Salt of the water said:

Why is everyone unloading their beavers right now?

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/#/topics/2072778?_k=5d8ajp

It is interesting isn't it? I kicked tires on a Strike anwhile back but even at 25k I couldn't justify it. My micro ticks off all my boxes.
Salt of the water
AG
Maybe because they have a new 18 fter coming out? I've never heard any bad reviews on them. I guess it's just a good time to be in the skiff market.
Centerpole90
AG
I just wonder what they're replacing them with. A guy has a skiff a long tine - he's probably buying another skiff. A guy has a skiff 2 years - he may be going back to a bay boat.
RickSawyer
AG
Centerpole90 said:

I just wonder what they're replacing them with. A guy has a skiff a long tine - he's probably buying another skiff. A guy has a skiff 2 years - he may be going back to a bay boat.

I am sure there is some of that. I am also willing to bet $100 a $50 oil is part of it at some level as well.
230Ag
AG
Salt of the water said:

Finally got the new sled home. The fit and finish is definitely Mexico quality but that's what I expected for the price. Freeboard and bow are more substantial than what I was expecting. I think it'll be a decent jetty / surf rig.

Hopefully I can get it registered and rigged in time to catch the tail end of the fall action.

where you buy that one? I am looking for something just like that.
Salt of the water
AG
Off Craigslist.

The boat came from Mexico to Tampa via an importer in Florida called Mimsa USA. They have a couple threads going on thehulltruth.com.

The guy I bought it from is from Louisiana, he had it shipped inside his 27. He's working on becoming a stocking dealer for Mimsa USA in Louisiana. He said he had a lot of response on the 19s, so he's trying to get more as quickly as possible but apparently the Mimsa shop down there is a slow.

I can get you some contact info if you want.

There are plenty of American made 18s that come up for sale in Florida, if you want better fit and finish. Another option is the Imemsa dealers in Texas (one in Houston area and one in Corpus). The imemsas are pricey though for a Mexican built hull and not much savings over an American hull.
230Ag
AG
Salt of the water said:

Off Craigslist.

The boat came from Mexico to Tampa via an importer in Florida called Mimsa USA. They have a couple threads going on thehulltruth.com.

The guy I bought it from is from Louisiana, he had it shipped inside his 27. He's working on becoming a stocking dealer for Mimsa USA in Louisiana. He said he had a lot of response on the 19s, so he's trying to get more as quickly as possible but apparently the Mimsa shop down there is a slow.

I can get you some contact info if you want.

There are plenty of American made 18s that come up for sale in Florida, if you want better fit and finish. Another option is the Imemsa dealers in Texas (one in Houston area and one in Corpus). The imemsas are pricey though for a Mexican built hull and not much savings over an American hull.
I just want something to put around in and run some lines into the flat surf with. if you have some contact info - that would be great. I'm looking for an 18 footer or so.
Salt of the water
AG
I don't have PMs on here. Do you have somewhere convenient that I could send you info?

Also, if you're feeling adventurous, there's a project 20ft panga for sale down by CP.

http://mcallen.craigslist.org/boa/5785706807.html
230Ag
AG
Salt of the water said:

I don't have PMs on here. Do you have somewhere convenient that I could send you info?

Also, if you're feeling adventurous, there's a project 20ft panga for sale down by CP.

http://mcallen.craigslist.org/boa/5785706807.html

thanks again!
Salt of the water
AG
Sent
RickSawyer
AG
Something very special happened yesterday. My 5 year old son and I fished with Baron Boyette and literally lost count of fish. We tripled up more than three times. My son caught so many on the fly rod that he switched to a spinning rod just because.... it was a magical blessing.

He wants to change his name to redfish.

Pics later.
Centerpole90
AG
That is cool. The insta pic should be blown up life size and fill one wall of your living room.
RickSawyer
AG

Salt of the water
AG
Epic!
NW80
Centerpole90
AG
DAT BOAT
Finn Maccumhail
AG
All the blue stars my man.

And tell Baron to cut his hippie hair.
RickSawyer
AG
Finn Maccumhail said:

It's a mullet right now, looks exquisite.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
RickSawyer said:

Finn Maccumhail said:

It's a mullet right now, looks exquisite.

A mullet? Well, he did go to LSU.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I wish like hell that my job didn't have grooming standards. The only place on my head I can grow hair is the back of my head and my neck. I could grow a fantastic mullet, east texas model.
RickSawyer
AG
AggieGunslinger said:

I wish like hell that my job didn't have grooming standards. The only place on my head I can grow hair is the back of my head and my neck. I could grow a fantastic mullet, east texas model.
Time to change jobs, in my opinion...
K Bo
AG
so gnarly!
LRHF
AG
I see you guys towing boats down 59 on Friday's heading to the lease. Y'all need to post more pictures for us fools chasing mature deer in the heat before they get broken horns...

Anybody attend the BCA event with Hell's Bay Boatworks in Houston? Super excited for my first redfish trip late next week. Let's see whatcha been catching!
RickSawyer
AG
LRHF said:

I see you guys towing boats down 59 on Friday's heading to the lease. Y'all need to post more pictures for us fools chasing mature deer in the heat before they get broken horns...

Anybody attend the BCA event with Hell's Bay Boatworks in Houston? Super excited for my first redfish trip late next week. Let's see whatcha been catching!

I didnt get to the BCA Hells Bay event but caught them at Harborwalk during the day as I was launching. I am fishing the El Lago neighborhood tourney tomorrow and hope to break the streak on the home field... these local fish have been kicking my tail.
Salt of the water
AG
Get off the deer stand and onto a platform. You could be towing your own skinny water skiff to the coast.

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/5820710419.html

Under 15k for an 18ft tunnel hull skiff ain't bad...
Centerpole90
AG
Sweet.
RickSawyer
AG
Salt of the water said:

Get off the deer stand and onto a platform. You could be towing your own skinny water skiff to the coast.

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/5820710419.html

Under 15k for an 18ft tunnel hull skiff ain't bad...

I know folks have their opinions of Ankona but 13k for that boat is a smoking deal.
Centerpole90
AG
Dawg. You got other priorities.
RickSawyer
AG
Centerpole90 said:

Dawg. You got other priorities.
Damnit dude, don't you know I am semi-retired now? Fixed income's garage is way smaller than I imagined. The fish though, they are bigger! Put my buddy (c/o '07) on this toad 10 minutes from my house!

Finn Maccumhail
AG
Nice fish. I love the blue on the tail.

I'm hitting the water again Saturday and it looks like the Minister of War & Finance will be doing a quick getaway to Key West sans kiddos the first week in November. I've got 2 days penciled in over there but she's not pleased about me booking 2 days so I'll probably have to cut it to one. As she said, "this isn't Finn's fishing vacation." Oh well.

And as an aside- the new aqua color reels Tibor just introduced are sexy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.