Outdoors
Sponsored by

Saltwater Flyfishing

463,944 Views | 3071 Replies | Last: 51 min ago by AgFlyGuy
RickSawyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Now I'm really interested. They have a shop somewhere in town or are they online only?

The black reel / black rod combo looks sick too.
I ordered mine online. I am in Seabrook if you'd like to cast my 8 wt or you can reach out to Dave and Rob as well to test a rod.

And yes, fully erotic.
Salt of the water
AG
quote:
Fully erotic.

Damn. I need to get back fishin'!

Don't forget to take along some of that special lube incase your dry launch doesn't go as planned.
Salt of the water
AG
Thanks for the offer. I don't have PMs on here, I sent you my # on IG.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
What skiff is Jarid running now? I seem to recall he had a older Hells Bay and sold it for another one. I like that sky blue color, I wanted that for my panga but the rib put the kibosh on it.
RickSawyer
AG
Jarid has a side console whipray but it was in the shop with some outboard issues so he was fishing his brother-in-law's '01 whipray. I knew the boat, it was on Craigslist late last summer from a guy in League City. His BIL got it for same price that I bought my '14 BT Micro and was a bit chapped that I didnt snag a boat so local to me but after spending a few days in that boat I feel very good about my purchase. Honestly, the only thing the Hellsbay does that my Micro doesnt is allow you to stand on the gunnels, the beam on the Micro is 10" more narrow, but I think the Micro does everything else on par and poles a bit better.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Did that Whipray have a dark blue hull and the ice blue decks/cockpit?

If so, I met the guy who owned it and sold it last year over at Keith Lake. Sweet little sled.
RickSawyer
AG
Yep, that's the boat. A bit rough around the edges now but nothing some elbow grease couldn't buff out... Certainly not going to bring you to your knees if you get a bit of oyster rash...
Centerpole90
AG
The only thing the Whipray does that your BT doesn't is allow you to display that pole-foot HB decal.

I'll hang up and wait for the BKC beat down.
BKClark
AG
You know I'm not taking that bait!

Since you don't fish anymore it really doesn't matter.

BTW, we spanked them yesterday!!!!!
Salt of the water
AG
Sounds like we need to have a skiff showdown at the OB FF 2016 meetup!

Centerpole90
AG
We know better than to tangle w a Gheenoe.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
Sounds like we need to have a skiff showdown at the OB FF 2016 meetup!

As long as we have a challenge which includes running from Cove Harbor to Fence Lake and seeing who's the driest when we get there I'm in.
Centerpole90
AG
And someone needs to bring a decibel meter for the stealth portion
RickSawyer
AG
2006 Gladesman with a 2013 Yamaha F15 in Aransas Pass for sale... No affiliation with seller but a nice micro for someone looking to get into a skiff...

Craigslist Ad

Centerpole90
AG
I can see where where you and I could be flat broke buying skiffs Rick.

I'll warn you. Looking @ CL leads to buying on CL.

FJ40 knows.
SaltyFly11
That is a great looking skiff. It is getting hard to pass up some of the skiffs for sale right now, but I am getting married in May and moving to our first house so I am trying to wait until we get settled in first. I wouldn't have anywhere to store it right now and I don't know what the storage situation will be where we move.

It is killing me because I want to get out on the water so bad! Hopefully I will be joining you guys in the skiff game soon enough. Sure beats paddling.
RickSawyer
AG
quote:
That is a great looking skiff. It is getting hard to pass up some of the skiffs for sale right now, but I am getting married in May and moving to our first house so I am trying to wait until we get settled in first. I wouldn't have anywhere to store it right now and I don't know what the storage situation will be where we move.

It is killing me because I want to get out on the water so bad! Hopefully I will be joining you guys in the skiff game soon enough. Sure beats paddling.

I get it. Keep it at my house and I will run it every week or so for you!
RickSawyer
AG
quote:

FJ40 knows.

Dude, right now I have the F250, a new tundra, the jeep, the whaler and the Beavertail. The wife has made it DAMN clear that I have to get rid of at least a truck before she will even fathom the idea of new toys. I suggested that with the new truck we have more towing capacity for a new boat...
SaltyFly11
And then the future wife won't even have to know I bought it yet! Perfect.
Salt of the water
AG
quote:

I'm down a few fly fishing buddies this year (baby for one and work in Asia for another). If you want to send me some contact info I'm sure we can work out a trip. I gotta warn you though that the noe is small wet, slow, and I'm capped at 220 lbs for a second angler.
K Bo
AG
That's very tempting, but I've got my eye on an LJ and my best friend has a Beaver Tail.
RickSawyer
AG
quote:
That's very tempting, but I've got my eye on an LJ and my best friend has a Beaver Tail.

All I ask is that you remember to give the fish line next time you lay into another 20 pound red...
Salt of the water
AG
So Finn wants an open water run for the panga and CP wants a stealth test. What else needs to be in the skiff showdown?

-draft with two anglers?
-ease of poling?
RickSawyer
AG
I definitely think a poling race should be included!
K Bo
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
quote:

FJ40 knows.

Dude, right now I have the F250, a new tundra, the jeep, the whaler and the Beavertail. The wife has made it DAMN clear that I have to get rid of at least a truck before she will even fathom the idea of new toys. I suggested that with the new truck we have more towing capacity for a new boat...

Y'all don't have kids do you.
RickSawyer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

FJ40 knows.

Y'all don't have kids do you.
I have two, my wife has three when you count me...
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Haha, well played sir. I'm pushing 40 and wondering when I'll feel like a grown-up.
SaltyFly11
Salt, I would definitely take you up on that!
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Speaking of a Gheenoe, I'm pretty sure I saw somebody running one near Greens Lake on Monday. They were probably a half mile off but it looked like a Gheenoe, might have been light green and the guy running it was standing up and wearing a yellow rain jacket.
Salt of the water
AG
Got it. Email sent.
Kalebcs
Man it's nice to have good wading temps and to see backs out of the water!

https://instagr.am/p/BCEXZUarYmH
Salt of the water
AG
Nice! Great release video.
RickSawyer
AG
quote:
Man it's nice to have good wading temps and to see backs out of the water!

https://instagr.am/p/BCEXZUarYmH
Nice! Where'd you wade? Been itching to get the beaver wet but still feels just a bit too cold.
Kalebcs
East Gorda. The water didn't really have a bite at all until it got to that 'certain' depth. It felt great, but maybe I'm a bit over zealous.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.