***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,106 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Needs more Hodor

And boobs

I don't think we'll be getitng any Hodor this year,
Stive
AG
And they've killed off a pretty decent number of the hots (Ygritte, Ros, Robb's wife). And the others aren't really in situations where they'll be getting naked regularly (Cersei doesn't seem to be getting any, doubt they're going to show Maergery and the kid anytime soon). And Dany has the whole no nudity clause going now.

Cuts down on the potential nude scenes tremendously.

Pretty much all that's left is the Red Woman right? She's always ready to strip down. Or maybe, based on how Oberon was wired last season, some of the chicks in Dorne will be heavy on the nude.

Ponylaw_aTm
AG
This handy visual aid helped me out tremendously when I was confused.

This guy:

Is definitely not the same person as this guy:

Glad we got that cleared up.
Squirrel Master
AG
I guess its because we were introduced to both characters near the same time, but I've never had a problem confusing the two. Surprising given that you are right - very similar looking.
Squirrel Master
AG
Speaking of that time period of the show, I think the one random thing thats been lost over the seasons is that the group of dudes with the reincarnating guy (brotherhood without banners, I think) has never returned to the show. These guys were cool. Always figured they would hook up with the Hound or someone at some point.
Farmer1906
AG
They did. The hound cut that dude in half.
Squirrel Master
AG
Yeah, that was their initial encounter, way back in Season 2 or early Season 3. Since the time that Arya ran away from them, shortly after the trial by combat between the Hound and the reincarnator, they haven't been seen again. I figured someone would cross their paths again. I think I predicted it in last years thread and it doesn't appear to be coming true, but I thought they might find the Hound after his fight with Brienne and bring him back and then he would join up with them. It seemed an appropriate pairing, regardless of their previous dispute.
Stive
AG
quote:
Yeah, that was their initial encounter, way back in Season 2 or early Season 3. Since the time that Arya ran away from them, shortly after the trial by combat between the Hound and the reincarnator, they haven't been seen again. I figured someone would cross their paths again. I think I predicted it in last years thread and it doesn't appear to be coming true, but I thought they might find the Hound after his fight with Brienne and bring him back and then he would join up with them. It seemed an appropriate pairing, regardless of their previous dispute.
That would have been pretty cool!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Haha I love this thread.
easttexasaggie04
AG
What is the house of black and white? Am I supposed to know from past seasons?
redline248
AG
I don't remember anything about it before. So far the only info is that is its name, and a man who is not jaqen lives there.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
I don't remember anything about it before. So far the only info is that is its name, and a man who is not jaqen lives there.
You know far, far more than this.

You know that a Braavosi merchant captain was familiar with the iron coin that Jaqen gave to Arya and that the simple possession of that coin caused him (1) to transport a little girl thousands of miles at no charge and (2) to personally (as opposed to an ordinary sailor in his employ) deliver her to the "House of Black & White."

You know that the merchant captain stated that "any man of Braavos" would have done the same, meaning that everyone in the city knows the meaning of the coin and the importance of its possessor.

You know that the Braavosi bravos who were picking a fight with Arya were terrified of the old man from the House of Black & White. Given that he was not wearing any distinctive insignia, we can assume that his robe is symbolic and also well-known in Braavos.

You know that (at a minimum) the old man from the House had the same ability as Jaqen to change his face. (Given that knowledge, is the new "Jaqen" the same man ... or simply someone wearing the same face?

You know that the Small Council of King Robert Baratheon (first of his name) considered hiring a Faceless Man from Braavos to dispose of Danerys Targaryen, but discarded the idea because the cost would be greater than hiring an entire company of sellswords.

Interestingly, you know that (back at Harrenhall) Jaqen offered to give three lives to the "Red God" in exchange for the three lives that Arya took from him. Yet the robes of the temple priest seem to bear little resemblance to the red robes of Mellisandre and Thoros.

See, you know quite a lot, and you have at least one interesting question to answer.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:

You know that a Braavosi merchant captain was familiar with the iron coin that Jaqen gave to Arya and that the simple possession of that coin caused him (1) to transport a little girl thousands of miles at no charge and (2) to personally (as opposed to an ordinary sailor in his employ) deliver her to the "House of Black & White."

You know that the merchant captain stated that "any man of Braavos" would have done the same, meaning that everyone in the city knows the meaning of the coin and the importance of its possessor.

You know that the Braavosi bravos who were picking a fight with Arya were terrified of the old man from the House of Black & White. Given that he was not wearing any distinctive insignia, we can assume that his robe is symbolic and also well-known in Braavos.

You know that (at a minimum) the old man from the House had the same ability as Jaqen to change his face. (Given that knowledge, is the new "Jaqen" the same man ... or simply someone wearing the same face?

You know that the Small Council of King Robert Baratheon (first of his name) considered hiring a Faceless Man from Braavos to dispose of Danerys Targaryen, but discarded the idea because the cost would be greater than hiring an entire company of sellswords.

Interestingly, you know that (back at Harrenhall) Jaqen offered to give three lives to the "Red God" in exchange for the three lives that Arya took from him. Yet the robes of the temple priest seem to bear little resemblance to the red robes of Mellisandre and Thoros.

See, you know quite a lot, and you have at least one interesting question to answer.
Except almost all of that comes from the most recent episode of a show starting its 5th season. The discussion was about the House of B&W being mentioned before which it wasn't...
The Debt
quote:
What is the house of black and white? Am I supposed to know from past seasons?

You know nothing Jon snow.

all they told you is that you get the coins and someone from Braavos will take you where you're going.notice the sea captain didn't take her just two brothers but the house itself.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
So far the only info is that [the House of Black & White] is its name, and a man who is not jaqen lives there.
. . . .
The discussion was about the House of B&W being mentioned before which it wasn't...
No, the name of the building had not been mentioned before Season 5. But we know much, much more about it than the name of the building and the (sort of) identity of one of its inhabitants.

My point is that anyone who knows only these two things ... well, that person has not been paying attention.
WorthAg95
98Centerpole
AG
quote:
I did not remember this. Very interesting. Any idea on the season/episode that happened?
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
I did not remember this. Very interesting. Any idea on the season/episode that happened?
Must have been first season, because Ned Stark was serving as the Hand and opposed this course of action (morally). Baelish opposed it due to cost.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm assuming Arya can't just "learn" the ability to become faceless, can she? I would think that is an ability you are born with, like warging. But who knows. Will be interesting to see what she does. I find her storyline the most intriguing of the season so far.

As for Jon Snow - do we think he tries to unite the wildlings with the Night's Watch? If he does I'm guessing a hell of a lot of crows will oppose him pretty hard.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wild theory of the day:

The lord of light guys will come across The Hound's corpse and will revive him, and Sansa and Littlefinger will come across him. Zombie Hound will then become Sansa's personal undead knight and she will take vengeance on everyone.
Squirrel Master
AG
I figured when we didn't see the Hound actually die (and in fact, explicitly show him only dying, but not dead yet), that he would stay in play. Also, the fact that they bothered to show his fight with Brienne and his falling off the cliff in the ep 1 refresher makes it likely he's still around. We'll see, I'm surprised we haven't touched that storyline yet if so, and I also have a hard time seeing Littlefinger and him as part of a party together. But Sansa and him do have some background.

We also saw the crazy Lannister doctor last episode asking for the dwarf head and he was the one tending to the Mountain last year... I wonder if we'll see some paralleled return of the Hound and Mountain in the same episode, when its time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ah yes, the infamous "Cleganebowl".
Squirrel Master
AG
I'm not guessing they fight (yet). Just maybe they'll both make their reemergence into the world/show in the same ep. Arya is still including the Mountain in her kill list, so he'll need to return soon.

Speaking of, who was the 4th name in Arya's list? I couldn't understand her (even rewound to listen again). Cersei, Walder Frey, Mountain, and ???
Squirrel Master
AG
quote:

Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
Speaking of, who was the 4th name in Arya's list? I couldn't understand her (even rewound to listen again). Cersei, Walder Frey, Mountain, and ???
Meryn Trant. He's the guy who killed her instructor (Syrio Forel).

Edit: You may remember Trant's name from the conversation between Arya and The Hound, when The Hound laughs and says something along the lines of, "the greatest swordsman is dead at the hands of Meryn F'ing Trant?"
COOL LASER FALCON
Ilyn Payne?
Squirrel Master
AG
Excellent, thanks Gramercy. That's what it sounded like, but I couldn't remember any context for that name.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
Ilyn Payne?
The executioner that lopped ol' Ned Starks head off.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
quote:
Ilyn Payne?
The executioner that lopped ol' Ned Starks head off.
I think he was asking if that was the fourth name, which it wasn't.
Stive
AG
Aggiehank.....do you mind shutting down on this thread?

I'm 99% sure they've said NOTHING regarding your comment about the Mountain, and the way you're reminding all of us what we should have been listening for, 4 years ago in season 1 tells me you're a book reader or spoiler thread reader and wanting to let all of us know how smart you are.
Squirrel Master
AG
Right, I think Falcon may have been guessing at the 4th name (for the reason you listed), but it was Trant. I remember that now.
Ramrod
AG
So maybe edit your post and everyone who has quoted him do the same.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
If not, you need to be kicked off the thread.
I'm editing my post to take out all of the crap that shouldn't have been posted by the guy who shouldn't be posting here. But I'll leave the most important part.
Stive
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually, I may be mistaken. It may have just been the Lannisters saying that they would do so.
I'm also 99% sure they haven't even SAID anything like that. So shut up and get the hell out of here with that crap.

Dumb***
There's a whole lot of stupid that college can't fix. -My Grandfather
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Aggiehank.....do you mind shutting down on this thread?

I'm pretty sure last season we saw the mountain was with Qyburn saying he was going to do something to him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.