***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,284 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
boogieman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
**** you Olly!

(Sorry. Had to get that out of my system. Still mad at him.)
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
So stupid. Not one good character left in the show except for a midget and Hodor.

Not one?
Little Finger, Varys, Arya, Cersi...?

ummmmm..........

Tyrion anyone??? (edit - nevermind i see you said the midget)

not to mention Jon (who i presuem lives).

others:
Davos, Bran, Brienne, Sam, Jamie (not bad per se), Bronn - most of these are both "good" and "good characters" as in ones i like watching.

geeze that was too easy.

If your name starts with a B and ends with an N there is a good chance I like you.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
yeah let me try to qualify that:

good characters as in good to watch, but may be bad people - Cersei, Ramsay (love to hate him)
good characters to watch who border on good/bad people - LF, Varys, Jamie, Daario, Jorah
good characters who are good people too - Tyrion, Jon (assuming he is reborn), Brienne, Bronn, Davos
good people who i don't care about watching really - Bran, Rickon, Sam, Gilly, Hodor

but still plenty of good charcters and people to watch.
HtownAg92
AG
Osha, Blackfish, Grey Worm, Missandei (hottest), Granny Tyrell, The Hound (hopefully), Tormund, Zombie Ass-kicking Mother
redline248
AG
Perhaps I misinterpret your meaning, but LF does no bordering on being good/bad. He is all the way over in the bad guy camp.
redline248
AG
quote:
Osha, Blackfish, Grey Worm, Missandei (hottest), Granny Tyrell, The Hound (hopefully), Tormund, Zombie Ass-kicking Mother

Pretty terrible that he lives and Oberyn does not.
HtownAg92
AG
I was talking about the kick-ass female wilding leader that sent her kids ahead in the boat but got killed when she couldn't bring herself to fight the wight children. She seemed pretty cool until she died. She was reanimated by the Night King and is now Zombie Ass-Kicking Mother.
30_Days
AG
I am super excited to see the bloodbath in King's Landing that is about to ensue next season. After Cersei stumbled back into the castle I just kept waiting for her to whisper "kill them all" or something to that effect.

She is going to slaughter EVERYONE
boogieman
AG
So can we expect the wildlings that came from HardHome to start attacking the Night's Watch? I have to imagine they owe Jon Snow for saving their lives.
The Debt
The question is will Cersei have any power? Why would the Lannister forces, or the City Watch, listen to her?

The Lannisters' army is under Kevan (Tywin's brother), Tyrion the rightful heir is exiled, Jaime cannot inherit because he is a Kingsguard, so Kevan is the head of household. Would he engage in a fight in KL? What about the City Watch? They follow Tommen-ish and Margery (who is still imprisoned right?). Do they even have the numbers to go block-by-block?
30_Days
AG
quote:
The question is will Cersei have any power? Why would the Lannister forces, or the City Watch, listen to her?

The Lannisters' army is under Kevan (Tywin's brother), Tyrion the rightful heir is exiled, Jaime cannot inherit because he is a Kingsguard, so Kevan is the head of household. Would he engage in a fight in KL? What about the City Watch? They follow Tommen-ish and Margery (who is still imprisoned right?). Do they even have the numbers to go block-by-block?
I don't think there's any question that they'll be loyal to her, but you have a point. Even if they don't particularly like her that much, this is very much an "us vs them" kind of disrespect. The way Cersei was treated was not just a personal insult, but an insult to the entire secular ruling class, which includes the soldiers of the Kingsguard.
jbanda
AG
That'd be interesting, as the vast majority or viewers would root for the wildlings to gut the night's watch, when before they rooted for the night's watch at the battle at the wall.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Resurrected Jon leading an army of wildlings would be sick.
Rocagnante
AG
5000 Wildlings escaped from Hardhome. How many survived from Mance's army that attacked the wall? That's all that remains of the 100,000 + Wildlings. All the rest are wights now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining Wildlings slaughter the Knights Watch. They can easily overpower them. With Jon dead, who is left to hold the peace agreement together?

Do they then stay at Castle Black or keep moving south?

If the White Walker army can get past the Wall, Westeros is ****ed! Especially if the dead Stannis 1/2 army rises back up as wights.
30_Days
AG
quote:
Resurrected Jon leading an army of wildlings would be sick.
Jon being resurrected as a White Walker and taking the place of the WW general he killed would be better
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's awesome how this show can do that. One episode ago everyone wanted Melisandre to die a horrible death, and now she's Jon's only savior.
The Debt
But.

If the lannister army follow the new gods, the faith of the seven, are your sellswords gonna attack the pope?

Remember Varys riddle?
Rocagnante
AG
What riddle?
The Debt
quote:
What riddle?

A king, a priest, and a rich man all tell a sellsword to kill the other 2, who does the man obey?
30_Days
AG
quote:
But.

If the lannister army follow the new gods, the faith of the seven, are your sellswords gonna attack the pope?

Remember Varys riddle?

will she need the larger lannister army to do it though? the cult isn't an organized or trained army, they wouldn't even be considered a militia. I don't even know if we've seen any of them with swords, they seem to prefer clubs.

The only thing keeping Cersei from attacking so far has been first political, and then fear they would execute their prisoners before they could be rescues. After this she's going to put her DGAF hat on, write them off, and go to town.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/16/game-of-thrones-season-5-finale-beats-shows-previous-ratings-record
Objective Aggie
AG
I miss Maergery.
Nagler
AG
I can't remember, when the one eyed man was raised from the dead did anything special happen or did they just call upon the Lord of Light?

I'm assuming red lady can just do the same.

I don't remember the one eyed guy being all zombiefied. Pretty much his normal self.

I still under if Jon gets back up will he still feel tied to the Watch or will he just become King Wildling?
Quinn
AG
I'm no HR manager, but I'm pretty sure if all of your employees literally stab you to death that you don't have to go back to work at that office if you are brought back to life.
Sentinel
AG
She was actually pretty shocked that the guy could resurrect people. I don't think she knows how to exactly.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/16/game-of-thrones-season-5-finale-beats-shows-previous-ratings-record
yeah....so I guess all those empty threats before about never watching again are just that....

and people are saying it now about S5E10.....but next April they'll be back.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If Jon comes back, he needs to take a nice steamy **** into the mouth of Alliser Thorne and break Olly's legs.
mid90
AG
quote:
It's awesome how this show can do that. One episode ago everyone wanted Melisandre to die a horrible death, and now she's Jon's only savior.

I want her to rez Jon.

Then I want Jon to run her through with a burning Longclaw.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
After banging the **** out of her, of course.
Stive
AG
quote:
After banging the **** out of her, of course.
Well.....obviously.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
quote:
**** you Olly!

(Sorry. Had to get that out of my system. Still mad at him.)

I do love the juxtaposition of the reactions to the deaths of good guys in GoT vs TWD. In the former you have people having visceral reactions to these deaths, whereas in TWD we are actively cheering for them to die. You have to appreciate a show that can make people scream at their TV set.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rocagnante
AG
She could rally them around the fact they have to save the Queen. Even though though she in effect put Marg there, no one else really knows that. Tommen thinks Sparrows trump his King. Cersei could convince him quite easily to take action.
30_Days
AG
quote:
She could rally them around the fact they have to save the Queen. Even though though she in effect put Marg there, no one else really knows that. Tommen thinks Sparrows trump his King. Cersei could convince him quite easily to take action.
that's what I'm thinking. She can be all "ra ra save the queen" knowing full well that Marg will be dead before they get to her. Then once they kill Marg it's gloves off, street running red with blood.
Rocagnante
AG
quote:
quote:
that's what I'm thinking. She can be all "ra ra save the queen" knowing full well that Marg will be dead before they get to her. Then once they kill Marg it's gloves off, street running red with blood.

So who then is left to fight? Everyone is killing each other off. Lannisters fighting common folk at KL is a lot of deaths. Stannis army gone. Wildlings almost gone. Boltons at Winterfell easy target for White Walkers. The Vale...would they really take on WW or retreat to the Eryie? Dorne....they withstood dragons but probly not WW army.

And I have doubts Dany and her dragons could beat the WW army. At this rate, by the time she crosses the sea she will be fighting an army of wights the entire population of Westeros. Can 3 dragons really beat that?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.