***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,203 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
La Bamba
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248
AG
Lol, is that the real caption?
La Bamba
AG
I don't know. I tried to google an image of melisandre saying that this episode and that came up. I lol'ed out loud.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It really pisses me off that the preview confirmed that Barristan is dead. It was still pretty up in the air at the end.
Kashchei
AG
quote:
It really pisses me off that the preview confirmed that Barristan is dead. It was still pretty up in the air at the end.

That's why I don't watch the previews. Like Frank Costanza, I gotta go in fresh!!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, how TF was he killed by a bunch of rich *******s? Are those guys even trained in combat?

Sentinel
Stive
AG
Gotta admit that his death surprised me.

Honestly thought he was going to come in that room and wreck shop with all of those guys without getting a scratch.
chipotle
For an old guy it looked like he tore s*** up before he bit it to me.
OnlyForNow
AG
Dude was old, oh well guess Jorah takes his place.
khaos288
AG
I couldn't tell if that Dragon was Drogon or not, but I hope it wasn't, and Dany is about to gain some crazy will power. Then, she releases the other two, and becomes a bad ass again.
jbanda
AG
I really thought it was gonna be the classic "grey worm being the last man standing and then when all hope looks lost Barristan comes to the rescue and they get out". Then it went all GRR Martin and killed them both (presumably, we don't see a dead grey worm in the preview but he looked to be bleeding out something fierce).
COOL LASER FALCON
I hope Grey Worm is still alive, but I wasn't taking the Sons of the Harpy seriously before that. Now we know that they're pretty badass themselves. Although I'm questioning the unsullied a bit.
jbanda
AG
They were severely outnumbered in a confined space. Seems like they just rushed the unsullied and went all stabby.
khaos288
AG
quote:
I hope Grey Worm is still alive, but I wasn't taking the Sons of the Harpy seriously before that. Now we know that they're pretty badass themselves. Although I'm questioning the unsullied a bit.
Why? It was a very well thought out trap, and they had significant numbers advantage.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Good episode.
COOL LASER FALCON
They were outnumbered what? 2:1? I would've picked the Unsullied with those odds. With the exception of Greyworm and Barrister, it would have been a slaughter.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
It looked to me like 3 or 4:1.
The Dog Lord
AG
It did seem like some of the unsullied went down rather quick, but with numbers and an attitude of not caring how many of you die in the process, the outcome was likely to be the same. As others have said, Barristan took a ton out with basically no one else helping. You are bound to get hit eventually.
Bigsteve713
AG
To me it seems like the Unsullied are trained with spears and shields and are more capable in fields fighting battles than this sort of guerrilla warfare. I'm not a medieval Weapons expert but I would think long spears aren't a good weapon in tight confines like those alleyways and such
Bigsteve713
AG
Rocagnante
AG
GMM
quote:
Although I'm questioning the unsullied a bit.

Agree. They looked like the freaking Foot Clan bumbling about
TheCougarHunter
AG
quote:
quote:

Seems like they're trained to fight in a formation with a wall of spears pointed at the enemy.

In medieval times the vast majority of soldiers fought like this with spears and pikes and had minimal training. Very few people were "knights" who actually really knew how to swing a sword around
redline248
AG
Pretty sure the Unsullied had more than minimal training.
TheCougarHunter
AG
quote:
Where do you see that? They are trained to be disciplined and stay in formation yes. Hand to hand combat in close quarters not so much.
InternetFan02
AG
This is the greatest show ever. It has everything and there's no wasted scenes.

And who are these ninja babe warriors in Dorne? Some connection to the Oberyn Martell guy who was killed by the mountain last season? Intriguing
InternetFan02
AG
"Come...let me show you what you're fighting for..."
dave94
AG
quote:
This is the greatest show ever. It has everything and there's no wasted scenes.

And who are these ninja babe warriors in Dorne? Some connection to the Oberyn Martell guy who was killed by the mountain last season? Intriguing

I think they're all his kids through different women. The warrior one sounded exactly like him.

I'm still sad about that loss.
unmade bed
quote:
quote:

Blame that one on Dany. Nice strategy of having her elite fighting army aimlessly wander the streets in small groups (including the commander) to look for troublemakers in midst of civil war. Right up there with locking up the dragons and ordering the execution of the slave in public in the middle of everyone Wtf is she thinking decisions. She needs to get naked more, and make decisions less. Luckily it looks like Therion and Varys will be there soon. Hopefully she listens to them because they have a ****ing clue. Hell even Jorah will be an upgrade of she lets him back in.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
Where do you see that? They are trained to be disciplined and stay in formation yes. Hand to hand combat in close quarters not so much.

Their price (I seem to remember them being expensive) and the fact that the sons respect then wouldake me think that they were better trained.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Really stoked about the new hot ninja babes

Hopefully they all like to get naked together frequently
Dr. Horrible
Great episode... I'm starting to think that one of my predictions from a previous season thread may be true after all. I don't want to post it again for fear of being incorrectly labeled a book reader...

jj12
AG
Does anyone watch the show on hbo go?. If so, I suggest watching the "Inside the episode" which comes right after the credits. Usually 5 minutes but it gives a little of the background on the characters and what happened in the episode. Last night's episode has information on the sand snakes and Sansa in winterfell.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dany will release the dragons and show these sons of *****es who's boss.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.