***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,249 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LHIOB
AG
quote:
quote:
If Jon really is the blood of the dragon he won't burn.
Then why did he burn his hand with the lamp protecting Old Bear Mormont in Season 1?
Good point
khaos288
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
If Jon really is the blood of the dragon he won't burn.
Then why did he burn his hand with the lamp protecting Old Bear Mormont in Season 1?
Good point
George has said this in many interviews. Targaryaens are not fire proof. Dany being unburnt was a miracle.
reb,
AG
quote:
There's not a chance in hell Jon Snow is off this show for good...

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/06/jon-snow-dead-game-of-thrones-azor-ahai-melisandre-warg

This. (btw the formatting on that article is terrible)

Jon is going to get resurrected and to me it is that simple. His Watch ended, so he will be free of the commitment when he's back. Bran's coma and brush with death is what basically unlocked his warg abilities. It'll be that way for Jon, too.

Now a look back at my prognostications. Regarding Arya, I guess my befuddlement on this post on page 64 got answered.

quote:
Arya. I can't recall any specific quote but there is a definite impression that in order to become a Faceless Man, one has to let go of their identity completely. She's not able to do that, the Kill List is still calling the shots for her. Jaquen also knows whenever she's lying but he said nothing when she returned to the House of Black and White.

But, it seems set up so perfectly for her, in the next episode, to retrieve Needle from where she hid it, return to the brothel with a changed face, get picked by Meryn for a pedophilic roll in the hay, and to kill him.

So...blah. I'm at a loss. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't feel that the Many-Faced God will impart the ability to someone who has not let go of their identity and who wants to kill for vengeance

So I was right (minus the retrieval of Needle), it was set up for that and it came to be but I couldn't resolve how it would be possible for her to do that. The answer: I didn't expect that one would be able to 'steal' from the Many-Faced God, as she did. Interesting twist.

Regarding Stannis...couldn't have been more wrong

quote:
Bold prediction (because wtf not). The LoL sticks it right in the gut of everyone jumping off board Team "Stannis the Mannis" and not only delivers the Stag King and his armies from starvation and exposure, but he is so impressed with Stannis' faith that it begs to be granted the complete annihilation of the Boltons at Winterfell and the North will be his. Yes, R'hllor makes great demands of his worshippers, but far be it from him to bring only woe to those who serve him best, the world will see that the sacrifice of his child was the most loving, fatherly act a King could ever bear for his people. Blood magic is real, and faith will be rewarded, because that is the world everyone lives in on Westeros.

LF shows up, sees which way the wind is blowing as he smells Rouse roasting on a pyre, and pledges fealty to Stannis. He, not Cersei, makes him Warden of the North. Right before it's too late, Ramsey takes Sansa hostage and flees for the Dreadfort, with Brienne in hot pursuit.

Oops.
mid90
AG
A Facebook comment from someone swearing off GOT after Jon got stabbed.

quote:

Season 5 gathered in April, and my watch began.
It did not end 'til the season finale.
I embraced no woman, mowed no land, and entertained no children
I worked no jobs and made no money
I lived at my TV on Sunday nights.
I am the witness in the darkness.
I am the watcher on the couch.
I pledged my life and honor to this seasons watch, for this night and all Sunday nights before it. For the night is dark and full of terrors.
And now my watch is done....
GMM
quote:
Benjen -- turned into wood

I keep seeing this joke....they weren't going out there to talk to Benjen, they were going to talk to a Wildling who knew where Benjen was.
cuppycup
AG
Their family name is Stark and not Sunshine for a reason I suppose
tmaggie50
AG
NOTE: I dont know everyones name, so forgive me.

Here are my predictions. Haven't read the books and no nothing about them.

1. I hope the bell ringer lady dies a miserably horrible death. She's annoying as FFFF.
2. I think the fire lady brings Jon Snow back to life. Jon cuts down his enemies at the wall in episode 1-2. Without Jon, there is no story line at the wall. No character to truly follow. Noone wants to follow the guy that Stannis sent to the wall to gather more troops. He's just there to witness the rebirth of Jon Snow, pledge his allegiance to Jon and the fire lady.
3. The Queen will take back her city in a vicious battle, only to ultimately lose it again. The battle to take back the city will likely see her son regain control, but her die.
4. I dont have a clue whats going to happen over in midget and dragon land, but damn I love that midget!
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
NOTE: I dont know everyones name, so forgive me.

Here are my predictions. Haven't read the books and no nothing about them.

1. I hope the bell ringer lady dies a miserably horrible death. She's annoying as FFFF.
2. I think the fire lady brings Jon Snow back to life. Jon cuts down his enemies at the wall in episode 1-2. Without Jon, there is no story line at the wall. No character to truly follow. Noone wants to follow the guy that Stannis sent to the wall to gather more troops. He's just there to witness the rebirth of Jon Snow, pledge his allegiance to Jon and the fire lady.
3. The Queen will take back her city in a vicious battle, only to ultimately lose it again. The battle to take back the city will likely see her son regain control, but her die.
4. I dont have a clue whats going to happen over in midget and dragon land, but damn I love that midget!

Guy that used to follow Stannis = Hodor

Firelady= Osha
Queen= Talisa
Ringer Lady= Catelyn
Midget= Rickon

Hope that helps.
Duncan Idaho
I believe the word is dwarf
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What the ****!

PooDoo
AG
Maybe Sam is going to learn how to make Dragon Glass and Valyrian Steel weapons at the Maester school.

But I do think Jon Snow's death was a fair trade for that much naked Cersei.

and LOL at the sad hipsters...
munch96
AG
If Jon Snow gets resurrected next season, does that mean he is free from the oath he took with the Black Watch?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
If Jon Snow gets resurrected next season, does that mean he is free from the oath he took with the Black Watch?

The black watch? Possibly. But he is still bound by his oath he took with his pink watch.

Ramrod
AG
So where the heck was Ghost when Jon got stabbed? Ghost shows up out of nowhere to save Sam and Gilly, but not Jon. I hope Season 5 opens with Ghost ripping Olly's face off.
Agustus Caesar
AG
when dan and dave and sam and kit appeared at the oxford union, dan or dave stated there would be a lot of ghost in the next season.

my new crack theory is that jon's spirit does warg into ghost, who is linked telepathically to Summer, and jon/ghost runs north into the 3 eyed crow's cave and meets Bran who helps resurrect Jon into a human.
redline248
AG
Brian, that sad hipster clip needs to go in the humor thread.
TX_AG_10
AG
plowboy1065
S
Body Double Cersei
Btron
AG
Who is Shane?
And why was the sparrow lady yelling that and ringing a bell? Was Cersei supposed to meet someone named Shane and they couldn't find him?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.mtv.com/news/2184712/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-dead/
DannyDuberstein
AG
Shane was at the hideout with the moneytrain cash.

The Dog Lord
AG
quote:

No no no. Shane is what happens to people who get too crazy. It was a warning to Cersei that it can always be worse.

jread07
AG
If Bran can survive a free fall from the high tower onto dirt, than it is plausible that Sansa and Reek can make a controlled fall from the castle walls into snow.

However, I really liked the idea of Reek and Sansa having a joint suicide. Sansa just ask for her unknown hero to save her and they didn't come. She knew she just had to wait for Stanis and she saw his army get massacred. Reek knows he will never be Theon again but at this point he no longer can live with himself being Reek. With no escape from the castle and not wanting to face Ramsey. The "hold my hand and lets just finish this together" was a pretty sweet way to end two Character lines. Two characters that have been beaten both physically and emotionally the entire show with no end in sight for them. For them to just say F-it lets jump and boom another GRRM story line is done.

AgLaw02
AG
Everyone here thinks the Lannisters are going to murder the Sparrows, but I don't see it. It would be political suicide. The commoners love those religious kooks and would revolt if Cersei got the revenge she wants. Imagine if in the Middle Ages a king wanted to murder the pope, his cardinals, and a bunch of nuns. A strong king could do it, but he would become a pariah.

If the Lannisters were going to save Cersie, Marjorie, and Loras by force, wouldn't they have done it by now? I predict season 6 starts with Cersie fuming when Kevan and whoever else refuses to take military action. Further, it wouldn't shock me if her family demanded her to stand trial. None of the Lannisters like Cersei except Jamie, who is gone, and Tommen, whose opinion doesn't matter. Kevan might sacrifice Cersei's dignity or even her life to boost his family's esteem with the commoners.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
Yep...

http://rack.0.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDE1LzA2LzE1L2IyLzExWFpySFcuYTZhZTIuanBnCnAJdGh1bWIJMTIwMHg5NjAwPg/02f4fa7f/53f/11XZrHW.jpg
Someone flagged this picture? The boobs are pixelated?! Jeez, we are discussing a TV show that has more violence and sex than 99.9% that are on TV, yet someone gets offended by pixelated boobs?
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
So where the heck was Ghost when Jon got stabbed? Ghost shows up out of nowhere to save Sam and Gilly, but not Jon. I hope Season 5 opens with Ghost ripping Olly's face off.
Well in the book...
Ramrod
AG
quote:
quote:
Yep...

http://rack.0.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDE1LzA2LzE1L2IyLzExWFpySFcuYTZhZTIuanBnCnAJdGh1bWIJMTIwMHg5NjAwPg/02f4fa7f/53f/11XZrHW.jpg
Someone flagged this picture? The boobs are pixelated?! Jeez, we are discussing a TV show that has more violence and sex than 99.9% that are on TV, yet someone gets offended by pixelated boobs?

I've been seeing that a lot on here lately. Is that something that is a result of people doing something on TexAgs or from the picture hosting website?
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
quote:
Yep...

Maybe they were offended that you pixelated them.
redline248
AG
I'm not sure the commoners love the sparrows. Most commoners want to drink (they dumped out all the wine), want to sex around (they shut down the brothels), and other crap that the faith is now stamping out.

If Tommen had any balls, the Lanister army + gold cloaks + kings guard would annihilate the sparrows.
mhayden
quote:
If Bran can survive a free fall from the high tower onto dirt, than it is plausible that Sansa and Reek can make a controlled fall from the castle walls into snow.

However, I really liked the idea of Reek and Sansa having a joint suicide. Sansa just ask for her unknown hero to save her and they didn't come. She knew she just had to wait for Stanis and she saw his army get massacred. Reek knows he will never be Theon again but at this point he no longer can live with himself being Reek. With no escape from the castle and not wanting to face Ramsey. The "hold my hand and lets just finish this together" was a pretty sweet way to end two Character lines. Two characters that have been beaten both physically and emotionally the entire show with no end in sight for them. For them to just say F-it lets jump and boom another GRRM story line is done.

If it was a joint suicide it could have just shown them make the same jump to the stone below that Reek just pushed the crazy chick to.

Wouldn't make sense for them to find another place -- outside the castle walls -- to jump to their death.

Don't understand why anyone took that scene as any kind of suicide.
redline248
AG
quote:

Because George Martin
mhayden
quote:
quote:

Because George Martin

Difference is, does anyone really care if Sansa or Reek die?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

Cletus Van Damne
Teddy Perkins
AG
quote:
Everyone here thinks the Lannisters are going to murder the Sparrows, but I don't see it. It would be political suicide. The commoners love those religious kooks and would revolt if Cersei got the revenge she wants. Imagine if in the Middle Ages a king wanted to murder the pope, his cardinals, and a bunch of nuns. A strong king could do it, but he would become a pariah.

If the Lannisters were going to save Cersie, Marjorie, and Loras by force, wouldn't they have done it by now? I predict season 6 starts with Cersie fuming when Kevan and whoever else refuses to take military action. Further, it wouldn't shock me if her family demanded her to stand trial. None of the Lannisters like Cersei except Jamie, who is gone, and Tommen, whose opinion doesn't matter. Kevan might sacrifice Cersei's dignity or even her life to boost his family's esteem with the commoners.

Cersei is going to sic the Mountain on Dorne when she finds out what they did to her daughter and the Sand Snakes are going to get their chance at revenge for Oberyn's death. (My guess, not a book reader)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.