***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,206 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Ser Pounce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
So is Tommen just sitting in his room jerkin it? He needs to man up!

Y'all have no idea. Quite sad actually.
Sentinel
AG
The difference between jerkin and jerkin'.
boy09
AG
quote:
How does one become a white walker to begin with?

Craster was sacrificing all of his newborn sons to the White Walkers for quite some time. I think it's safe to assume they were all turned into WW's the same way.
Sentinel
AG
Point taken.
tmaggie50
AG
So if your taken alive, you become a white walker...if your dead, you become a wight?
Sentinel
AG
I think the white walkers are magical beings. You can become a wight but not a white walker. I think.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
How does one become a white walker to begin with?
A "show only" poster who apparently does not watch the show.

One could make an argument that there appear to be two castes of White Walkers ... converted humans and trueborn. Sort of like the vampires in Underworld.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
The difference between jerkin and jerkin'.

What's the old saying? Punctuation and capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack, off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
boy09
AG
quote:
So if your taken alive, you become a white walker...if your dead, you become a wight?
That was my original thought, but I rewatched the pilot last night. In the opening scene when the Night's Watch guy runs across the camp with all the dead/mutilated bodies, the little girl reanimates as a WW, not a Wight... So I really don't know.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Some of the wights have blue eyes too.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
That was my original thought, but I rewatched the pilot last night. In the opening scene when the Night's Watch guy runs across the camp with all the dead/mutilated bodies, the little girl reanimates as a WW, not a Wight... So I really don't know.
She looks more like a wight to me.

AggieHank86
AG
quote:
All wights have blue eyes.

quote:
Regardless of their eye color while alive, all wights have icy blue eyes like those of their masters. Game of Thrones wiki
chipotle
My guess: White walkers make white walkers (that one scene where they're carrying the baby away). But if you're killed for whatever reason you become a wight.

edit: nm , already pointed out.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Not if they no longer have eyes at all.

boy09
AG
quote:
quote:
All wights have blue eyes.

quote:
Regardless of their eye color while alive, all wights have icy blue eyes like those of their masters. Game of Thrones wiki

Good point. However, before Ned executed the 'deserter', he did state that they were attacked by White Walkers. Maybe they were just trying to confuse everyone..
Sentinel
AG
It is entirely possible they were attacked by white walkers is it not?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Question about the wights that were killed during the battle. When the white walker raised his new army from the dead, were all the wights that were just slaughter brought back into the game? Or was it just the newly created wights made from slaughtered wildlings?
Sentinel
AG
I think it would be all of them. They'd have to burn the bodies to prevent them from coming back.
boy09
AG
quote:
It is entirely possible they were attacked by white walkers is it not?
jbanda
AG
I think the bones have to be connected. The ones that got crushed by the giant probably won't be as effective a fighting force.
easttexasaggie04
AG
In the first episode they were attacked by White Walkers too.
Objective Aggie
AG
I have never read the books, but they are called A Song of Ice and Fire.

Wouldn't Ice = the white walkers and their wight army and fire = the dragons. The final battle could easily be white walkers vs dragons. My money would be on the dragons.

In appears that we have spent five seasons trying to get the white walkers south of the wall and the dragons east of the narrow sea. I just hope it is not a Mayweather Pacquiao finish.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Question about the wights that were killed during the battle. When the white walker raised his new army from the dead, were all the wights that were just slaughter brought back into the game? Or was it just the newly created wights made from slaughtered wildlings?
As to the first batch of wights, I ask "coming back from what?"

They might have been knocked down and had limbs hacked off, etcetera, but I don't know that they ceased to be animated.

We know that sword-inflicted wounds don't have much of a long-term effect upon wights, based upon the Night's Watch brothers who went after Mormont at Castle Black.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I have never read the books, but they are called A Song of Ice and Fire.

Wouldn't Ice = the white walkers and their wight army and fire = the dragons. The final battle could easily be white walkers vs dragons. My money would be on the dragons.
Rocagnante
AG
What if that's not the case? Against traditional armies and fortified castles, yes dragons have proven their worth in the past. But against a vast (and exponentially growing) horde of the undead...not so sure. May be too many, too spread out for 3 dragons to take em out before they slaughter everyone.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The song of Ice and Fire is Jon Snow.
The Debt
So the prevailing theory on WWs is that they were a separate race, like "elves" or the children of the forest. They nearly conquered the world once and westerosis think they were mythical creatures like grumpkins and snarks.

HOWEVER. Since the show showed us what happened to Crasters sons and LC Mormont saying Craster serves darker powers, we see that a live child did not merely become a wight but a WW. This means they arent a separate race, like an elf, they are (were) men and something changed them.

If we are to accept magics and religion there are 4 main religions:
1) The Faith of the Seven
2) The Old Gods
3) Lord of Light
4) God of Death/Many-faced God

Stannis' Red woman is all about the Lord of Light, and she has been warning the night is dark and full of terrors. The Lord of Light is clearly a dualism, Life (remember seducing Jon) and Death, Fire and Ice, Light and Darkness. If it is a dualism, there is an opposing force with magic.

So lets call it Mr. Shadow. He has servants and priests too, right? He is clearly resurrecting folks to be mindless hordes of death. But he also has those that serve him freely, and those are likely the WWs. Could it be that these WWs are men who have been granted immortality and have been praising Mr. Shadow for thousands of years until they got a live studio audience?
boy09
AG
quote:
Anyone who says they deduced this theory ONLY from watching the show is full of ****.
redline248
AG
quote:
What if that's not the case? Against traditional armies and fortified castles, yes dragons have proven their worth in the past. But against a vast (and exponentially growing) horde of the undead...not so sure. May be too many, too spread out for 3 dragons to take em out before they slaughter everyone.

Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
quote:
Anyone who says they deduced this theory ONLY from watching the show is full of ****.

Ditto from those only reading the books. Now those who spend a lot of time on various game of thrones websites, fan boards, discussion groups, theory brainstormers , Reddit groups, etc.....
bkag9824
AG
Is talk about next week's preview ok or off-limits?
zap
AG
quote:
Is talk about next week's preview ok or off-limits?
I think we should be able to talk about it, since it aired on HBO.
bkag9824
AG
I thought Melisandre's face looked a bit worried/anxious in the promo for Episode 9. Seemed like she was looking into some flames and didn't like what she saw.

She's at 0:20 in this clip: Episode 9 Promo
easttexasaggie04
AG
So do you think they'll let Jon and crew pass through the wall? I'm not really sure. I think they leave them out there to freeze to death.

My prediction: Tarly dies trying to open the big door on his own. (I've never read a GOT book)
Ramrod
AG
quote:
So do you think they'll let Jon and crew pass through the wall? I'm not really sure. I think they leave them out there to freeze to death.

My prediction: Tarly dies trying to open the big door on his own. (I've never read a GOT book)

I bet Ollie opens it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.