***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,330 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
mhayden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I didn't have a problem with how they killed Stannis. Seemed like it was a depressing final scene just like his tenure on the show. Maybe the theme was along the lines of "all of this great sacrifice and you die in the snow as an afterthought without any great excitement".

That, and Drogon stole his special effects monies.
AG
I'm not convinced Stannis is dead either.

Maybe Ramsey showed up and she hit him instead? Or maybe Sansa and Theon stumbled upon them after their jump from the wall (assuming they jumped before this scene happened? I can't exactly remember the order of events)? Or maybe she just cuts his arm or leg off and is going to let him bleed out.

It just seems odd that they show other much more definitive deaths, but cut out on his. Maybe they're just trying to deny the viewers the satisfaction of watching Stannis die?
Duncan Idaho
Don't forget the wasted cgi money on the walk of shame. It isn't like she hasn't shown the goods before.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Don't forget the wasted cgi money on the walk of shame. It isn't like she hasn't shown the goods before.
lol...no thanks...i prefer the CGI version.

her last topless scene was 2008. she hasn't done full frontal since 1994 when she was 21.

she is 42 now...i don't want to watch that for 5+ minutes thanks.
Nagler
AG
So did the Red Witch ever do anything with the "power" she got from burning Stannis' kid? She planning on using that to raise up zombie Jon Snow?
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
So did the Red Witch ever do anything with the "power" she got from burning Stannis' kid? She planning on using that to raise up zombie Jon Snow?

Not Kings blood.
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
By burning Shireen, she instituted Global Warming.
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
quote:
By burning Shireen, she instituted Global Warming.
This. She said that she could make the snow thaw so they could move forward.
jbanda
AG
THE EW.com article said that she was pregnant during the filming of the scene.
Stive
AG
Apparently she was also pregnant during the filming of that scene. So a body double was a given.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

Maybe Ramsey showed up and she hit him instead? Or maybe Sansa and Theon stumbled upon them after their jump from the wall (assuming they jumped before this scene happened? I can't exactly remember the order of events)? Or maybe she just cuts his arm or leg off and is going to let him bleed out.

It just seems odd that they show other much more definitive deaths, but cut out on his. Maybe they're just trying to deny the viewers the satisfaction of watching Stannis die?
Maybe Theon and Sansa jumped on top of Stannis and Brienne just killed them both!
CapCityAg89
AG
From Chowda' s link...
http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6880313/game-of-thrones-wish-fulfillment?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=pod&utm_content=taboola-pod-on-ch-article&utm_campaign=recommendationsutm_source=taboola&utm_medium=pod&utm_content=taboola-pod-in-1x2&utm_campaign=recommendations
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
THE EW.com article said that she was pregnant during the filming of the scene.
yeah that too!!!!

HtownAg92
AG
quote:
If the timing was correct, Ramsay was still on battlefield when Brienne confronted Stannis. Sansa and Theon didn't jump until they saw that Ramsay was returning through the gates to Winterfell.
AG
Ok thanks. I also don't watch the about the episode features, so I hadn't seen D&D supposedly say Stannis is in fact dead.
Rudyjax
AG
they are all dead.
COOL LASER FALCON
Peter Gregory is dead.
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
Ok thanks. I also don't watch the about the episode features, so I hadn't seen D&D supposedly say Stannis is in fact dead.

They didn't supposedly say it. They definitely said it. Stannis is dead. Let's move on.
aTmLoKi
AG
quote:

Stannis is dead.

He was left dead to rights regardless of what Amazon Woman decided to do. If you will recall, as he was slouched up against the tree - he inspected his wounds and was already losing a lot of blood.

His story is over.
Rudyjax
AG
Stannis was dead before Brienne killed him. He lost everything.

VoodooAg
AG
not-Jaqen's face looks a lot like what a Rhaegar Targaryen would look like if cast in the show
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And for what, Stannis? Burned your daughter alive and you got jack all for it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
All this talk of Stannis' fate reminds me of the debate after the finale of BB season 3.
TheCougarHunter
AG
So stupid. Not one good character left in the show except for a midget and Hodor.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
So stupid. Not one good character left in the show except for a midget and Hodor.

Not one?
Little Finger, Varys, Arya, Cersi...?
The Debt
But but but LF betrayed Ned, who decided to play an unwinnable hand.
TheCougarHunter
AG
quote:
quote:

Not one?

Arya is ok. The others are scheming politicians whom I don't care for. Stannis and Jon were men.

Jorah I also like but he is doomed
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
But but but LF betrayed Ned, who decided to play an unwinnable hand.

Cougar said good characters, not likable ones.

Joffery was a "good" character.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not one?

Arya us ok. The others are scheming politicians whom I don't care for. Stannis and Jon were men.

Stannis used magic to kill his own brother. He cheated on his wife. He only won one battle of note. Never got the love for him. I like Tormund.
TheCougarHunter
AG
I also don't get how thousands and thousands of men and horses and their supplies leave in the night and the man doesn't wake up...or someone at least wakes him up and informs him...
Stive
AG
Don't forget the "man" that cougar hunter likes burned his own daughter alive.

Stay classy Stannis.
The Debt
quote:

The doom still rules Valyria...
reb,
AG
quote:
Please tell me this isn't out of a desire to avoid "spoilers". Please.
AG
Nope, not that at all. I had never known about it or even how or when to watch it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

Not one?

ummmmm..........

Tyrion anyone??? (edit - nevermind i see you said the midget)

not to mention Jon (who i presuem lives).

others:
Davos, Bran, Brienne, Sam, Jamie (not bad per se), Bronn - most of these are both "good" and "good characters" as in ones i like watching.

geeze that was too easy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.