***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,273 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
chipotle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think little finger made his plans quite clear to Cersei in regards to Sansa's role in all that.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He pimped her out is what he did. So that doesn't mean she's necessarily a step ahead of anyone. She just keeps getting pimped out around Westeros.
Joan Wilder
AG
But after all these years in Kings Landing, she's GOT to know everyone is looking out for themselves and she needs to as well. The Boltons murdered her brother and mother, Theon murdered her little brothers (she thinks)....why would she do this? She just lets herself be married off to Ramsey Bolton because Carcetti tells her to? She's not bound to obey him. And she knows he's always working angles.

She's never expressed any ambition to rule the north or restore the Stark name. i hope she does because as it is, she really frustrates me as a character.
redline248
AG
Well, I don't know what her other options were to this point. Run off with Brienne? Sneak off like Arya?
Joan Wilder
AG
Anything has to be better than living with the Boltons.
Agustus Caesar
AG
He gave Sansa a choice, actually. She didn't have to marry Ramsey.
Episode 502, when they were standing over Moat Cailin.
That's what makes her one of the bravest in the show. She made the choice to marry a psychopath knowing it would involve pain - for the long con of bringing the boltons down, getting revenge and reinstalling a Stark in Winterfell.
Quinn
AG
She didn't even realize where they were headed until they were almost there. Her only other option was to jump out of the coach and try and run off to some small Northern town, and that wasn't happening.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
She made the choice to marry a psychopath knowing it would involve pain - for the long con of bringing the boltons down, getting revenge and reinstalling a Stark in Winterfell.
Don't believe that is correct. LF knows a lot about Roose, and knows he's a harsh man, but knows basically nothing about Ramsey besides he's a somewhat capable commander.
Quinn
AG
Little Finger has a conversation with Ramsey asking him to take care of her, right? I don't remember what all that conversation entailed, but it seemed like he at least knew a little bit about Ramsey.
COOL LASER FALCON
She could have gone back the Veil and stayed there forever, I think.

I think Little Finger's conversation with Cersei last week was more him playing Cersei, not a revelation that he was going to betray Sansa. He doesn't gain anything by delivering her back to the Lannisters. He gains a lot by having her in Winterfell (regardless of what happens with Stannis and the Boltons).
Ol Jock 99
AG
LF to Ramsey: it is odd. I make it a point to know about every lord, but here you are, heir to the north, and I know nothing about you.

Ramsey: well, the king just gave me my birthright.

(Loose quotes from memory)
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I'm chalking it up to being an under-the-radar bastage until recently.
powerbelly
AG
My guess is he was a bastage until recently and flew under the radar.

ETA: Danny beat me to it
LHIOB
AG
Was there this much debate about Dany's wedding night?
Stive
AG
quote:
Was there this much debate about Dany's wedding night?

No, not even close.
Joan Wilder
AG
I can see her choosing to stay with LF over Brienne because LF got her out of Kings Landing and saved her from the moon door. But even without knowing Ramsey's character, she knew the Boltons murdered her mother and brother. Maybe it's just the actress or the script, but I didn't see any dawning ambition/revenge in her face at the idea of long-conning them. Any time she's been challenged, she just falls back on her airs about being a lady. She doesn't have anyone to confide in, though, so it's hard to read her motivations.

Certainly I HOPE she has a plan, because man, getting raped in front of Theon is made even worse if there's not an end game or ultimate triumph for her.
redline248
AG
That was like episode 1 or 2 and no one had any connection to her yet.
Stive
AG
Interesting how things turn isn't it. Season 1 lots of people wanting Sansa to die because of not telling the truth to Robert/Cersei/Ned and getting Arya in trouble. Back then she was the whining sniveling little brat that everyone hated. Now.....complete opposite.
COOL LASER FALCON
Oh, I still ****ing hate Sansa. I think if she ever gets real power, she's going to be awful.
Objective Aggie
AG
I don't really care for Sansa's character. The one interesting angle is that she was a pretentious coming-of-age teen and had to grow up in a hurry. She had endured just some awful awful things. Jeoffrey. Seeing her dad beheaded. Hearing of her mother / brother's murders. An unwanted marriage. Seeing her aunt killed. And now Ramsey Bolton. Heck, even having Winterfell housed by the Boltons, the traitors against her family.

To be fair, while most teenage girls deal with a boyfriend breakup or some manufactured drama, she has endured more tragedy in her teens than many do in a lifetime.

But all the while, I just don't see her character as interesting or bold or funny. Just a glutton for punishment.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
wanting Sansa to die because of not telling the truth to Robert/Cersei/Ned and getting Arya in trouble.
remind me what happened?
Joan Wilder
AG
Totally agree that I just don't find her character interesting. She seems a pawn at best and a victim at worst, and either way it's hard to root for someone so weak.
COOL LASER FALCON
On the way from Winterfell to King's Landing, Sansa witnessed Joffrey antagonizing Arya and the butcher's son and then subsequently threaten them. So Arya's wolf came in and saved the day.

Instead of telling the truth about what happened, she lied and said she didn't remember. So it just became Arya's word vs Joffrey's. That's what got Sansa's wolf and the butcher's son killed.
Sex Panther
AG
Sansa is supposed to be what? 15 years old? What plan? It's not like she's some cunning strategist who knows how Westeros works. What is she going to do? Of course she's going to trust Littlefinger at this point. Littlefinger can manipulate intelligent grown men. A naive little girl looking for a father figure is easy. Plus to her knowledge he saved her life.

Why would she trust Brienne? She had never heard of her when they met, and the only person who had shown her any inkling that they had her best interest in mind at that time was Littlefinger. Yeah the Boltons killed her family but thats Westeros for you. And what Littlefinger said made sense...

Myrcella is down in Dorne chilling with the Martells, making out with Junior in the gardens... and they hate her family. Sansa didn't have much reason to think the Boltons would treat her poorly. And they probably wouldn't if it wasn't for Ramsey being a psychopath, which again is just GRRM ****ting on a Stark.

I just wonder if Littlefinger is playing Sansa now. He's definitely using her, but I wonder if he really does care about her. Selling her out to Cersei seems strange at this point, but he's one tricky dick.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
On the way from Winterfell to King's Landing, Sansa witnessed Joffrey antagonizing Arya and the butcher's son and then subsequently threaten them. So Arya's wolf came in and saved the day.

Instead of telling the truth about what happened, she lied and said she didn't remember. So it just became Arya's word vs Joffrey's. That's what got Sansa's wolf and the butcher's son killed.
yep, i remembered as soon as I asked. THANKS

Sex Panther
AG
dp
Objective Aggie
AG
We should have a running list of those "missing" -
add to that list.
Benjen Stark, who never returned from is mission north of the wall
Nymeria - Arya's direwolf that ran away after the Arya / Jeoffrey scuffle. They killed Sansa's direwolf instead.
chase128
AG
quote:
We should have a running list of those "missing" -
add to that list.
Benjen Stark, who never returned from is mission north of the wall
Nymeria - Arya's direwolf that ran away after the Arya / Jeoffrey scuffle. They killed Sansa's direwolf instead.

Rickon Stark
ChipFTAC01
AG
The Blackfish
Stive
AG
quote:
The Blackfish

Of all the missing ones, he's the one I'm most curious about. They were very deliberate in getting him out of the room before the massacre went down (similar to the guy that got married). And we were given a pretty clear impression that he was a bad dude. I'm wondering if he shows up later ala Barristan Selmy. At a place far away loyal to someone key.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
quote:
The Blackfish

Of all the missing ones, he's the one I'm most curious about. They were very deliberate in getting him out of the room before the massacre went down (similar to the guy that got married). And we were given a pretty clear impression that he was a bad dude. I'm wondering if he shows up later ala Barristan Selmy. At a place far away loyal to someone key.

I agree. I don't care about any of the other missing people really. Even the Brotherhood without banners. But they made such a big deal at his father's funeral about what a badass he was, I want to see him show back up and rally the Riverlands.
Squirrel Master
AG
He may not qualify as 'missing' just yet, but I think its odd that we haven't been given a glimpse yet of where Varys is. Tyrion gets grabbed while they are having a drink and he's just been forgotten since then. I get that he's not important except when he's talking to another main character and if he's traveling without another main character, there may be nothing to show.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
boogieman
AG
Forgot all about the Blackfish. Surely he shows up again. Hopefully to avenge his Niece.
zap
AG
NM. Don't want anyone to stumble...

The original text did not contain a link.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.