***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,308 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think the actress is playing Gilly exactly how she's written.
chipotle
Calling it: Gilly will sit on the Iron Throne. She's a schemer.

/sansa
redline248
AG
Brilliant
Squirrel Master
AG
quote:
I think we'll see a little more. I think Gilly is a dead girl walking and that prompts Sam to head to The Citadel and become a Maester.

I'm not sure I see Gilly dying, that would leave us with a random baby no one knows what to do with. But I do think you're idea that Sam is going to be a maester is pretty likely. They've talked up that profession and the Citadel a decent amount, along with Sam being a good reader... bet that's his story arc.
zap
AG
Sam has to end up somewhere once Dany's dragons arrive and melt the Wall to the ground.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I see two options. Gilly and baby both get croaked, or Sam sends both away as the **** continues to escalate with Jon away.
Ramrod
AG
quote:
My hate of Gilly is approaching Ygrite levels. (I get she was hot but her storyline and dialogue were awful and repetitive) Gilly is a total mouth breather and adds nothing to the plot advancement. I am getting to where I need to leave the room during their scenes. Terribly written female characters and awful acting choices. Frustrating.

You're taking entertainment television too seriously.
drewbie08
AG
I have a feeling a big character is going to die soon. Was Tywin the last major character to die?
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
I have a feeling a big character is going to die soon. Was Tywin the last major character to die?
Master Aemon was the most recent, but a minor character.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If Sam went to the Citadel, he'd be breaking his vow and the Warden of the North/the rest of the Night's Watch would have the authority to execute him on sight, correct?
Quinn
AG
Hopefully Bolton psycho and Theon will be dead by the end of the season. I could see Marg or Cersi being killed, too.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
This. There's been an alarming lack of major deaths this season, and I think that's gonna catch up with us in these last 3 episodes.

I think these are the most obvious candidates:
1. Ramsay
2. Jon Snow
3. Jorah
4. Theon
5. Roose
6. Loras
7. Bronn (Though he seems to have dodged a bullet already.)
8. Stannis and/or Ser Davos
9. Margaery
10. Cersei (Not very likely.)
11. Littlefinger
12. Sansa (Not gonna happen, but you never know.)

Tyrion, Arya, and Dany are untouchable.
khaos288
AG
quote:
If Sam went to the Citadel, he'd be breaking his vow and the Warden of the North/the rest of the Night's Watch would have the authority to execute him on sight, correct?
I think the NW needs a maester, so he would be serving by becoming chained and sworn, then returning.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
Not if he is on Night Watch's business. Like the guy in season one that helps Arya and Gendry escape.
Ramrod
AG
quote:
quote:
This. There's been an alarming lack of major deaths this season, and I think that's gonna catch up with us in these last 3 episodes.

1. Ramsay
2. Jon Snow
3. Jorah
4. Theon
5. Roose
6. Loras
9. Margaery
11. Sansa (Not gonna happen, but you never know.)

I don't really think you can call it an "alarming lack" There's only be like, what, 1 or 2 a season? And outside of Joffrey they seem to happen at the end of the season. Still plenty of time.

What makes you think those three are untouchable?
Quinn
AG
quote:
quote:

1. Ramsay
2. Jon Snow
3. Jorah
4. Theon
5. Roose
6. Loras
9. Margaery
11. Littlefinger
12. Sansa (Not gonna happen, but you never know.)

I would say Jon Snow is untouchable. I think him and Dany are the two most important characters.

What all major characters have been killed? 1 or 2 per season, right?
- King Roberto
- Nedderd Stark
- Drago
- Robb Stark
- Cat Stark
- Joffery
- Tywin
EDIT: Oberyn
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
What makes you think those three are untouchable?
Well, I'm not saying they'll never die, but I think those are characters that need to make it to the final season. They are the biggest anchors of the series.

I'd put Jon Snow in this category as well but there's just been too much foreshadowing that his days are numbered. Hope he makes it past this season, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the season end with his death.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Even though he was introduced that season, I'd put Oberyn on the list of "shocking deaths".
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, between the fight appearing to go his way + it seemed like they were just starting to really build his character, that Oberyn death was definitely a GRRM special.
Stive
AG
Does the Hound count as a shocking death? Dany's brother?
Quinn
AG
Those could count, yeah. So who do y'all think is most likely to die this year?
drewbie08
AG
But is the Hound actually dead?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well you've got my list. Maybe I'm overestimating Jon's chances of dying, and I hope I'm wrong.
DannyDuberstein
AG
We only saw the Hound left for dead, not actually dead. And as we all learned from The Princess Bride ...
Quinn
AG
quote:
But is the Hound actually dead?
As far as we know, yes, unless those magic healer guys wandered up to that cliff to heal him.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
Those could count, yeah. So who do y'all think is most likely to die this year?
- Lots of negative omens surrounding Jon.
- Sansa has to be close to the breaking point -perhaps Ramsay winds up on the wrong side of that cork screw she stole?

Those are the only two major characters that feel in mortal danger, but as is the case with this show...it's rarely the person or time you expect.
Ramrod
AG
quote:
quote:
I'd put Jon Snow in this category as well but there's just been too much foreshadowing that his days are numbered. Hope he makes it past this season, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the season end with his death.

Foreshadowing doesn't fit with the other deaths though, maybe except for Ned. I guess you could've assumed that he was gonna die leading up to his death.

Foreshadowing a big death doesn't seem to be GRRM's style. There was no foreshadowing to the Red Wedding. No foreshadowing to Joffrey being poisoned. No foreshadowing to Oberyn getting his skulled crushed. GRRM doesn't want you to know who is going to die until moments before it happens.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh, one I didn't put on my list was Brienne. I don't know if she'd qualify as a major or shocking death, but I think she's a dead [wo]man walking. If she tries to save Sansa before Stannis arrives, she's as good as dead, and even if she waits for Stannis, I think she dies. I just don't see where else they could take her story.
DannyDuberstein
AG
yeah, Tyrion spent most of a season headed for death. They're almost trying too hard to foreshadow trouble with the Night's Watch for Snow. I do think he'll find trouble, but will it result in his death? I'm betting against at this point.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's a good point.
The Debt
quote:
quote:
Not if he is on Night Watch's business. Like the guy in season one that helps Arya and Gendry escape.

Don't forget benjen stark coming to meet king Robert in winterfell
jbanda
AG
Yeah it appears that the nights watch is in need of a maester.
HtownAg92
AG
Does Sam really need to officially become a Maester to assume that role for the NW? He's well-read enough to handle the job without getting his Maester chains / license.

I believe Sam will step into the Aemon role as Maester / Consigliere / Right Hand to Jon, which should make him untouchable, assuming he survives until Jon gets back.

I see the 3 untouchable characters as Dany, Arya and Jon Snow. I don't think Tyrion has that status - the odds against him continuing to dodge death are against him.

Of course, I'm probably all wrong. The series finale will probably be a battle royale, with Arya and Jon fighting Dany and the dragons, all of them dying in burnt out throne room. Then Gendry busts through the door riding on Centaur-Bran and takes the Iron Throne by default.
drewbie08
AG
quote:
Does Sam really need to officially become a Maester to assume that role for the NW? He's well-read enough to handle the job without getting his Maester chains / license.

I believe Sam will step into the Aemon role as Maester / Consigliere / Right Hand to Jon, which should make him untouchable, assuming he survives until Jon gets back.

I see the 3 untouchable characters as Dany, Arya and Jon Snow. I don't think Tyrion has that status - the odds against him continuing to dodge death are against him.

Of course, I'm probably all wrong. The series finale will probably be a battle royale, with Arya and Jon fighting Dany and the dragons, all of them dying in burnt out throne room. Then Gendry busts through the door riding on Centaur-Bran and takes the Iron Throne by default.
redline248
AG
He probably doesn't know enough about medicine and the like that maesters are trained in. The watch would probably have to request a fully trained one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.