***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,307 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Objective Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Terrible fighting. Bad all around characters.

ETA: Why not use doubles that can actually stage fight and have them cover their faces? It is like they are running out of money and trying to cut corners.
That's what I thought.

It does evoke a certain Sid & Marty Krofft feeling.
Rex Racer
AG
quote:
The way the little girl on the right is stutter stepping up to him, makes her look like one of my kids wrestling with Daddy (my kids are under the age of 8).

Bronn would have cut her in half if that were real.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Saw this on reddit.
Seriously, this is pathetic...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Agreed.
Stive
AG
I'm trying to think if there's been another really "cheesy" moment in this series, thus far, that has disappointed me like that fight scene last night. I really can't think of another one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Sword > Whip
Gun > Sword

aggie93
AG
quote:
I'm trying to think if there's been another really "cheesy" moment in this series, thus far, that has disappointed me like that fight scene last night. I really can't think of another one.
The "Thriller" zombies with the Children of the Forest throwing magic bombs (though she shows up 5 minutes after she could have saved everyone) was the only thing close on the cheesy scale. For that one it was just "Why?" because they could have had blue eyed wights like the book and it would have been fine, why make up these skeleton creatures who hide in the snow?

I swear that during the Sand Snakes fight scene though you could tell Bronn and Jaime were even bored. The topper was the moronic "I am Obarra Sand. Daughter of Oberyn Martell. I fight for Dorne, who do you fight for?" So forced and awkward. That Director needs to never get within 100 miles of GOT again for that scene alone.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I really like Grandma Tyrell. I find myself always rooting for her. She doesn't like BS.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I do too, but she definitely walked into that first punch. I'm guessing her counterpunching will be pretty damn solid though.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How will she get them out of this without ****ing over Margaery as well though? Any theories/ideas?
Stive
AG
quote:
quote:
The "Thriller" zombies with the Children of the Forest throwing magic bombs (though she shows up 5 minutes after she could have saved everyone) was the only thing close on the cheesy scale. For that one it was just "Why?" because they could have had blue eyed wights like the book and it would have been fine, why make up these skeleton creatures who hide in the snow?

I swear that during the Sand Snakes fight scene though you could tell Bronn and Jaime were even bored. The topper was the moronic "I am Obarra Sand. Daughter of Oberyn Martell. I fight for Dorne, who do you fight for?" So forced and awkward. That Director needs to never get within 100 miles of GOT again for that scene alone.
True enough. But even then, that was part of the "super natural" element of the show. I don't mind so much if a little of the CGI misses the mark. Initially, I thought the first images of the baby dragons wasn't that great, but I was willing to give it some slack because it's a TV show with baby dragons. Same thing on the baby skeletors grabbing Bran's team. It was some CGI that was a bit off to me....that's all.

This scene was live action, real actors, some chicks that are "supposed" to be bad ass, and the entire thing was stupid. The one chick that has the spear is a TERRIBLE actress on top of the whole dumb fight scene. That's not what we've come to expect from this show which is why the disappointment factor is there. The benchmark has been set high (especially for scenes like that one) and they missed the mark by a mile.

powerbelly
AG
I think Cersei will end up on the wrong side of the Faith Militant and that will lead to her downfall.

She has armed a religous group and set them loose. I think that Margaery will get out of custody and make sure Cersei's days in the capital are over.

Not sure how Margaery will get out, but assume it will be a combination of turning on her brother and being punished.
Squirrel Master
AG
It seems to me that the only reason that Brother Lancel hasn't outed Cersei yet is the writers need to drag that out. Otherwise, he wouldn't have wasted this much time. If he's going to do stuff like harass Baelish in the city, he wouldn't wait. But since he inexplicably is, I could also see Lady Tyrell making the accusation to the High Sparrow, then Lancel testifies against her.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seriously, how can they have cast that chick? It blows my mind. Terrible actress and not the slightest bit attractive. They've got some of the hottest actresses in the world in there and then hire her?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, Cersei banging Lancel definitely has to be in play and eventually results in a backfire that unravels the whole thing. Cersei gets put out, and the Tyrells get Tommen back under their power and provide him the balls to put a stop to the whole faith militant nonsense. But not until after Cersei has been humiliated and put out.
mhayden
quote:
Saw this on reddit.

I expect a POW! BAM! SPLAT! ala old Batman episodes -- except the fighting in those was better than this.
gomerschlep
AG
Was waiting for Theon to kill Ramsey in the last scene. Pretty sure that is how Ramsey dies, but I guess it'll be later. I also think Theon dies shortly after in the same scene.
powerbelly
AG
I would guess Theon sacrifices himself to save Sansa at some point.
chipotle
quote:
quote:
Saw this on reddit.

I expect a POW! BAM! SPLAT! ala old Batman episodes -- except the fighting in those was better than this.
Stive
AG
quote:
I would guess Theon sacrifices himself to save Sansa at some point.

While this is a nice ending with a bow on it, what about GoT should make any of us think this is what will happen?

From the time Eddard Stark's head rolled down those steps, we new this was a different kind of story. At this point, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Sansa ends up in the torture chambers with Theon being ordered to flay her.
Natasha Romanoff
I know I shouldn't be shocked or put off by anything with this show, but the Sansa rape scene was too much for me.

I get she had a hand in starting this all, but damn, girl cannot catch a break. I can't think of one technically "good" thing to happen to her. Ned at least was made hand before he got his head chopped off.
Stive
AG
Not to get too technical.....(and I swear I'm not trolling or trying to be an a-hole), but was it technically rape?

She didn't want to let someone else watch, but she was going to have sex with Ramsey that night.

Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
Not to get too technical.....(and I swear I'm not trolling or trying to be an a-hole), but was it technically rape?

She didn't want to let someone else watch, but she was going to have sex with Ramsey that night.

The better half and I had this discussion last night. She says rape. I think it is more complicated.
jbanda
AG
Westerosi law: not rape
21st century western society: definitely rape.
Natasha Romanoff
quote:

Well if we are talking about a man's right to lay with his wife in Westeros, then you're right, technically not rape.

Morally? I highly, highly doubt she would have consented if she actually had a choice. Her reaction wasn't one of a woman who wanted what was happening to her at that moment.
DannyDuberstein
AG
When it's marry or die then consumate or die, and it's clear she wants no part (even tho she's too scared to say boo), I go with rape. But not in good old westeros.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AgFB
AG
I was waiting for her to pull a knife from that sleeve. But agree, that would be un GoT-like.
AgFB
AG
Funny, I told my wife...."even that pansy ass Joffrey wouldn't take that ****"
Stive
AG
quote:
Funny, I told my wife...."even that pansy ass Joffrey wouldn't take that ****"

Can't believe I'm saying this almost longingly, but Joffrey would have jacked Lancel and his little band of merry men. He'd have invented new ways of torturing them.
amg405
AG
quote:

No one has mentioned it but was it just me or was that whole Sand Snakes vs Jaime and Bronn in the gardens just horribly done?

I have yet to see anything with the Sand Snakes that is anything but terrible. Awful acting, awful execution.
Ol Jock 99
AG
http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/game-of-thrones-season-5-episode-6-recap-unbowed-unbent-unbroken/

Grantland's review is good, as per usual.
InternetFan02
AG
I love the concept of the sand snakes but it has been horribly portrayed on screen. Disappointing. But I'm loving this season. Underrated scene this week was Cersei vs Littlefinger - he's hitting home runs with every line, as is Bronn. And Tyrion.

Dwarf Cock Merchant is my next sock username
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:

The better half and I had this discussion last night. She says rape. I think it is more complicated.

MORE SPINOFFS

I think Ramsey would be on every episode...
mhayden
quote:
http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/game-of-thrones-season-5-episode-6-recap-unbowed-unbent-unbroken/

Grantland's review is good, as per usual.

Love me some Grantland when it's talking about sports, but that writeup was as hard to get through as the last GoT episode.

I'll stick with Sepinwall.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.