***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,246 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Ernest Tucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
That makes Bran the most powerful person in the show. If after all this investment, this thing ends with a crippled kid using a supernatural power to control a supernatural thing, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Why?
I don't love the fantasy or supernatural stuff as it is. But I accept that the story includes it. And I can even appreciate that Bran through his powers has a part to play in the conclusion. BUT it seems like a such an incredible power that it should trump everything else. I think the show and story is more complex than that though. And I'll trust the writers and HBO.
You went into it knowing supernatural stuff would trump most other stuff (Dany having the dragons), it's a huge part of the story and history (1st set of targs conquering westeros with dragons). All that changes is who eventually can control the dragons.
Objective Aggie
AG
Dany has to have something to with this. Otherwise why include that whole plot line.

You could have some sort of alliance between Dany, Bran, and Jon, with Tyrion.

You would have a Targarreon, a Stark, a ?, and a Lannister as a part of the alliance there.

Dany is the mother of dragons. bran can control them. Jon Snow is the military leader. And Tyrion the brains. Plus, Dany is hot.

t
Agustus Caesar
AG
quote:
Dany has to have something to with this. Otherwise why include that whole plot line.

You could have some sort of alliance between Dany, Bran, and Jon, with Tyrion.

You would have a Targarreon, a Stark, a ?, and a Lannister as a part of the alliance there.

Dany is the mother of dragons. bran can control them. Jon Snow is the military leader. And Tyrion the brains. Plus, Dany is hot.

t

Jon is also hot.
COOL LASER FALCON
Bran is the perfect counter-balance to Dany. They could all be fighting on the same side and dominate everyone (white walkers) or it could end up with Bran and Jon vs Dany. Intriguing either way.
AggieRebel
AG
If it does end up Dany and Jon I could see Jon letting Dany be queen since that's what she has essentially been training for this whole series, and he return to winterfell as warden of the north and repairing relations with the wildlings.
Nagler
AG
Didn't Jon just prove he's going to stay with the Night's Watch a couple episodes ago?
powerbelly
AG
Will the nights watch even need to exist if they bring the wildlings south of the wall?

Ernest Tucker
AG
quote:
Will the nights watch even need to exist if they bring the wildlings south of the wall?

Well, there's still the walking dead they need to keep a watch over.
powerbelly
AG
I am assuming that the white walkers will be taken care of by the time Dany/Jon are worried about the throne.
AggieRebel
AG
That's what I was thinking
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
I am assuming that the white walkers will be taken care of by the time Dany/Jon are worried about the throne.
Men defeated the White Walkers, built the Wall and formed the Night's Watch thousands of years before events depicted in Game of Thrones, but the White Walkers managed to survive and come back.

I don't see it as being a percentage move to disband the Night's Watch, even if they prevail again.
Rocagnante
AG
What if no one takes the throne? There have been a few visions of a destroyed throne room with snow falling on empty throne.

White walkers wipe out wildlings before they can head south. They then easily overtake the wall and commence on a path of destruction to kings landing. Dany finally gets full control of all her dragons and crosses the sea, but it's too late. She wipes out the white walkers then decides f it. She'd rather rule mereen than a wasted Westeros.

The survivors in Westeros then form an anarcho-syndicalist commune in George rr's ultimate nod to Monty Python.
PascalsWager
AG
Does everyone/anyone look at Jamie as protagonist?
jbanda
AG
I believe him to be a character that has evolved from evil to an eventual redemption.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This. Absolutely hated him until I rewatched the whole series earlier this year. Now he's one of my favorites.
Objective Aggie
AG
On one hand I see him as an evil-minded accomplice who has done many underhanded things and is a champion of incest.

On the other hand, well there is no other hand.
Objective Aggie
AG
The magic angle is interacting.

One one hand we have the white walkers.
Then we have the magic tree and Bran.
The we have warns in various forms.
Then we have Melisandre the witch who is part real and part smoke and mirrors.
Then we have the dragons.

Curious as to whose magic will win out.
Ol Jock 99
AG
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
https://heteronomy.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/s01e01-jaimebran.jpg
^^^^^^Jaime started all this nonsense!
Ernest Tucker
AG
quote:
Does everyone/anyone look at Jamie as protagonist?
This kinda sums up my feelings about Jamie and the relationship to his incest sister before and after his capture

Duncan Idaho
quote:
I believe him to be a character that has evolved from evil to an eventual redemption.

I never thought he was that bad of a guy. Like the hound, he had a code and he stuck to it. He has done everything out of love for his sister or what he feels is the most honorable course. When those conflicted, he did what was best for his sister. But now, they have cast each other aside and the conflict no longer exist.

Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

Pretty sure it wasn't Jamie that killed robert...that is what put this in motion.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Well, on a scale of people who have intentionally kicked children out of a tower window, he's probably at the lower end of the evil scale.
Ernest Tucker
AG
quote:
Well, on a scale of people who have intentionally kicked children out of a tower window, he's probably at the lower end of the evil scale.
It was more of a push really
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
It was more of a push really

If he was a real boss he'd have gone Ong Bak on the kid.
Duncan Idaho
If the kid had listened to his mom, he would still be walking around.

So I blame kat....for this and some many other things. She was surely on of the worst characters in this world...I would put her somewhere between Jeffrey and the elder Bolton
Kashchei
AG
I'm ready for some **** to go down today!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Could it be?
Sentinel
ChipFTAC01
AG
This weekend I had a thought about the earlier criticisms of the rise of Sparrows and how they seemingly came out of nowhere and are making big moves in the Game with no real back story. But thinking about it, stuff like that happens in history sometimes. The easiest example I could come up with was Hitler. He went from being a failed artist to one of the most powerful men in the history of the world, seemingly out of nowhere. Right place, right time, right *******, but he reached levels that European monarchs had worked for hundreds of years to achieve. And he almost pulled it off.
CapCityAg89
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Pretty sure it wasn't Jamie that killed robert...that is what put this in motion.

Mostly it was somebody giving that assassin Littlefinger/Tyrion's knife that started most everything. That led to Cat capturing the imp and then Jamie attacking Ned on his way out of town. Dominos.
Sentinel
AG
Watching Cersei like this is wonderful!
zgood10
AG
Tormund smash
Sentinel
AG
Oh ****!
zgood10

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.