***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,190 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
AggieHank86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Any theories as to what actually allows Valyrian Steel to kill White Walkers? Is the metal echanted, or is it more about the steel being forged in dragon fire?

If the latter, than we can pretty much assume dragons would kill White Walkers, right? Cause then the one walker walked into the burning house and put the fire out around him, it seemed like they were invulnerable to fire. But maybe not dragon fire.

Thoughts?
I thought someone said in the episode that fire is one of things that can kill them? Did I make that up? Once I heard that, I remember thinking, well...guess that means the only way they will truly go down is with Dany's dragons somewhere down the line.
You must distinguish wights (zombies) from White Walkers (which seem to be something else).

Obviously fire will "kill" the wights, as that is the means by which Jon killed the wight that trying to kill LC Mormont.

We don't know about the Walkers yet, but the one in the burning hut at Hardhome did not seem particularly concerned.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
More precisely, he didn't give a ****.

Objective Aggie
AG
I was about to post something similar.

wights - The white walker's army. countless of them. killed by fire.
white walkers - the leaders. only a few. killed by dragonglass and Valyrian steel

Is that right?
Rocagnante
AG
Maybe they need dragons to mix the initial alloy.
TX_AG_10
AG
That's the way I read it in the Wiki...
Objective Aggie
AG
dragons in the metal shop be like

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rocagnante
AG
quote:

I'm wondering if at some point Jon has to face off against his Uncle Benjen as a wight.
Stive
AG
Interesting. Maybe.

For some reason I thought they burned the bodies?

Or maybe we've finally had an Uncle Benjen sighting after all these years!!!!!

Edit: Crap Fog beat me to it.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
After a considerable drop in viewers last week, ratings are up by 2.5 million viewers this week. Hell of a rebound.
I would bet the drop was due to Memorial Day weekend.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm wondering if at some point Jon has to face off against his Uncle Benjen as a wight.

Talk about a crazy cameo if that happens. Will anyone recognize him from season 1?
powerbelly
AG
I was looking for the Uncle Benjen wight during the fight....
mhayden
quote:
Pics?

Let me see if I can dig some up where the high school students visiting there on an "outdoor day" (the place doubles as some sort of outdoor learning center) weren't pointing and laughing at us.
Pignorant
AG
Next weeks episode is called "The Dance of Dragons"
Agustus Caesar
AG
quote:
quote:
After a considerable drop in viewers last week, ratings are up by 2.5 million viewers this week. Hell of a rebound.
I would bet the drop was due to Memorial Day weekend.
I would wager they never try that again - they've always skipped memorial sunday and done a marathon or some concert instead.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Memorial Day and post rapey-ending. Double bonehead move.
Stive
AG
Think they lost viewers over the half-way rape scene?

Maybe I live in a bubble but I find that hard to believe.
DannyDuberstein
AG
If a tv show doesn't have the occasional rape, then it's of no use to me.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
Think they lost viewers over the half-way rape scene?

Maybe I live in a bubble but I find that hard to believe.
The blogosphere was nuts. Everyone from hyper liberal feminist politician to Matt Welch were calling for folks to stop watching. Who knows how many did, but I'm sure there was an impact.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't understand the controversy. Rape happens in real life, so it happens in fiction as well. What exactly is the problem?

If it had happened in the books, it would've been ok? Dany went through the exact same situation in the first FREAKING EPISODE.
redline248
AG
Clearly the left wing fruits weren't watching yet. It was just fanboys.
chipotle
GoT wasn't as popular in season 1 so now that it has a strong following its an excellent PR opportunity for politicians and any other celebrity striving for attention. If I was in their position I'd do the same but secretly watch the show anyway.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I loved this parallel. Not sure if intentional or if I've just seen the trilogy too many times.

zgood10
AG
quote:
I loved this parallel. Not sure if intentional or if I've just seen the trilogy too many times.

Definitely came to my mind
LHIOB
AG
If Benjen does show up I hope they dont spoil it on the "previously on GoT" open.
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
If Benjen does show up I hope they dont spoil it on the "previously on GoT" open.
kind of a stupid thing, but I defunitely would have liked Jon killing the WW a lot more without them reminding us about Valraryan Steel beforehand.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
They are being so heavy-handed with the 'Ollie will kill Jon' foreshadowing, that I'm wondering if it will actually happen. A couple episodes ago, I was pretty sure some Nights Watch betrayal was headed his way, now it's almost too obvious.

They're trying to sucker us in, but the "tough decision" that Ollie will have to make is to defend Jon when Thorne and the men back at Castle Black want to mutiny.
Rocagnante
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Talk about a crazy cameo if that happens. Will anyone recognize him from season 1?

What would be crazier is if he shows back up as a white walker. Instead of killing him they captured him and the walker king turned him like that baby last season or season before.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Rewatching as soon as the ballgame is over.
jbanda
AG
Managed to watch before the ballgame.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
kind of a stupid thing, but I defunitely would have liked Jon killing the WW a lot more without them reminding us about Valraryan Steel beforehand.
Reminder about what, specifically?
Independent George
AG
It showed a clip of Jon getting the sword from commander mormont, why else would they bring up that scene if his sword wasn't going to be a key part in coming events.

I have been wanting to avoid watching the recap beginning part but haven't been able to stop myself.
redline248
AG
It's kind of hard to miss, b/c right before the recap is the always critical ratings screen that shows if a man should expect nudity or not.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Ok, rewatched. Awesome episode. The one thing that really weirded me out both times....

The rudder-man on Jon's boat. I thought he had to be a wight the first time. But he wasn't. So why on earth didn't he move? Was he a camera disguised as a person? Seriously confused.
Goldie Wilson
I thought the exact same thing. Was waiting for him to fling off his hood to reveal his true identity as a wight or a flasher or whatever

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.