***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,270 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Fuzzy Dunlop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As stated earlier, I have never cared for Stannis. I think he is weak.

Others on this thread have stated that he is a strategic genius. Maybe so but I think he is weak psychologically. I don't care for weak people. I think Sansa is weak as well. I don't really care what happens to her story line.

I want Jon Snow, Arya, Tyrion, and Bran to make it until the end. Dany is just window dressing at this point.
OldArmy71
AG
What a repellent act, killing his own daughter. I have to say, though, that I am reminded that one of the foundational texts of Western Civ, Aeschylus' Oresteia, is based on Agamemnon sacrificing his daughter (with bad results for Agamemnon).
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Point taken. I could live with that.

I just think she is a charlatan. (Is there such a word for a female charlatan?) Hmmm....
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
quote:
What a repellent act, killing his own daughter. I have to say, though, that I am reminded that one of the foundational texts of Western Civ, Aeschylus' Oresteia, is based on Agamemnon sacrificing his daughter (with bad results for Agamemnon).
Another would be Abraham and Isaac. Although the act was not carried out.
The Dog Lord
AG
I don't buy Davos knowing. He simply wanted her away from danger. He said goodbye because he was leaving for awhile and they are in dangerous situations. Every goodbye could be the last. Davos wouldn't sit by and let her die if he didn't let them kill Gendry.
COOL LASER FALCON
Since we saw the priestess in Volantis celebrating Dany, I still think that's Melisandre's end game. The fire connection is just too much.
Quinn
AG
quote:
I don't buy Davos knowing. He simply wanted her away from danger. He said goodbye because he was leaving for awhile and they are in dangerous situations. Every goodbye could be the last. Davos wouldn't sit by and let her die if he didn't let them kill Gendry.

Fair point, about Gendry, though he knew how desperate Stan is getting now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Raptor
AG
Stannis turning away from the fire is a huge deal, since you have to see what the flames show you to truly know the path.

How will he know what his daughter's sacrifice revealed unless he still wholeheartedly believe the red witch after all this.
Duncan Idaho
Thought the same thing
Duncan Idaho
Seriously how were there no tits on the brothel? I mean wtf no tits in a hor house?

That is the dumbest thing ever.
AgLaw02
AG
I don't think Davos knew what would happen, but he knew it was a distinct possibility.

For me, Shireen's death was the hardest scene to watch of the whole series, and that's saying something. She panicked when she saw the stake, and she screamed for her father to help her while he watched and did nothing. Even her cold-hearted mother realized, too late, as her maternal instincts kicked in, that nothing can be worth that horrible sacrifice.

So... Is anyone here still rooting for Stannis over the Boltons at the upcoming battle at Winterfell?
cgh1999
AG
I had to mute that scene. Her screaming was too much for me. Stannis is dead to me. After all he did to protect her and then that....selfish *****.
easttexasaggie04
AG
The unsullied aren't as badass as I first thought. They used to seem like awesome ninjas, now not so much.
redline248
AG
Failure by the show makers, imo, not bc they aren't badass.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Yes; rooting for Stannis' Army to wipe out the Boltons. Then; Brienne kills him - didn't she just reaffirm to Pod that's what she's going to do?
easttexasaggie04
AG
How trained are the Sons of Harpy? They went through the Unsullied pretty easily. And what becomes of Tyrion now that the dragon isn't there to protect them?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I had to mute that scene. Her screaming was too much for me. Stannis is dead to me. After all he did to protect her and then that....selfish *****.
The last scream when you knew she was on fire. Ugh.
easttexasaggie04
AG
SUCKED
reb,
AG
quote:
The unsullied aren't as badass as I first thought. They used to seem like awesome ninjas, now not so much.

Unsullied are badass warriors, not really meant to be police, is how I look at.

The United States military can annihilate any opposing army but has a real beech of a time in the ME quelling armed insurrection and preventing minority groups from causing havoc, for example.
redline248
AG
I don't know the answer, but I think the point was sheer numbers overwhelming the handful of Unsullied there. Which was a pretty big blunder given how often those harpy fcks were causing trouble.
Kooch 3:16
AG
quote:
quote:
The last scream when you knew she was on fire. Ugh.

Yeah. That was not a fun few minutes of the show.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Was Mareen worth all this hassle to Dany? Taking the city just seems like a big PITA. She seems better off before she took it.
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
Seriously how were there no tits on the brothel? I mean wtf no tits in a hor house?

That is the dumbest thing ever.

Since Arya was in the scene, and the actress is under 18, does that have anything to do with it?
mattvswild
AG
I've got to hand it to some of those Harpies. If I'm face-to-face with a pissed off, fire breathing dragon, the last thing I'm doing is sticking around to throw a spear at it.

Edit to add: **** Stannis.
redline248
AG
quote:
I've got to hand it to some of those Harpies. If I'm face-to-face with a pissed off, fire breathing dragon, the last thing I'm doing is sticking around to throw a spear at it.

You're the one that was running away when the 2nd roar is heard, before the dragon comes into view.
boogieman
AG
quote:
Yes; rooting for Stannis' Army to wipe out the Boltons. Then; Brienne kills him - didn't she just reaffirm to Pod that's what she's going to do?
Agreed. Best option....which means it won't happen (I'm guessing).
Objective Aggie
AG
NYT recap - - a good read

easttexasaggie04
AG
On a positive note it seems like Dany won't be marrying that annoying rich dude. I was getting tired of him.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I love that so many still cling to happy endings on this show. Still? Really?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
From S2:
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
quote:
From S2:

Nice. Good find.
longhornhere55
quote:

Al Quaeda / ISIS
redline248
AG
quote:
The Sand Snakes can't even finish a fight with each other.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
From S2:

as long as it is worth it, then yeah, I will burn my daughter at the stake. But you are serious, this will really be worth it, right? You're not kidding are you? I don't want to burn her and then find out you were just kidding. So this is totally going to be worth it - - based on some vision you had in a fire? Good. All in. Burn her.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.