***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,221 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
amg405
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Am I the only one that thought we were seeing a Grey Worm recast at the beginning of the episode with the Unsullied guy in the brothel?

I originally thought that as well. Unsure where that story line is going.
Capitol Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Could someone please post a link to the blog written by the Texags poster who had a brother that bloged about the show?
I loved that blog. Helped me catch up and see what I missed when I watched the episode initially. TIA!
Oh yea. Is he going to post those again?
That's my brother, and he's still writing summaries after each episode.

GoT Episode Summaries
Thank you!
COOL LASER FALCON
Thought it was a pretty underwhelming overall but I'm very interested in all the story lines that hinted at. I'll take it.
BryanAggie2013
AG
Good first episode. Should be a fun season.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Finally GOT is back. I enjoyed the episode and I have no idea what is going to happen next. Can't wait for Cersei to get hers.
HtownAg92
AG
Couple of things I caught / remembered on rewatch:

1. Winterfell is not burning in the opening. I guess Bolton is rebuilding just in time for Stannis/Snow to take it back

2. The Red Witch totally seduced Jon on the elevator ride. He's been with the sum-total of one girl one time his whole life. I'm almost certain that he....

khaos288
AG
quote:
Couple of things I caught / remembered on rewatch:

1. Winterfell is not burning in the opening. I guess Bolton is rebuilding just in time for Stannis/Snow to take it back

2. The Red Witch totally seduced Jon on the elevator ride. He's been with the sum-total of one girl one time his whole life. I'm almost certain that he....

Go back and look. Winterfell has a Bolton sigil on it now. It is rebuilt.
Natasha Romanoff
I can't see the new Daario as Daario because I remember him from Nashville. He's fine, just doesn't strike me as a bad ass mercenary.

It was a fine episode. I'm upset about Mance though. I don't know why, since every character I like has died, but it still upsets me.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I can't see the new Daario as Daario because I remember him from Nashville. He's fine, just doesn't strike me as a bad ass mercenary.

Everytime I see him he's still the skinny ass crackhead from Treme... now he's suave and banging Khaleesi? That dog won't hunt, Monsignor...
boy09
AG
quote:
It was a fine episode. I'm upset about Mance though. I don't know why, since every character I like has died, but it still upsets me.
Tormund Giantsbane is more of a badass, he didn't let any of those weak ass arrows kill him.
boogieman
AG
quote:
quote:

Everytime I see him he's still the skinny ass crackhead from Treme... now he's suave and banging Khaleesi? That dog won't hunt, Monsignor...

Somebody actually watched Treme?

I keed.
StringerBell
AG
Yeah I can't help but see him as anything else but the guy from treme either
easttexasaggie04
AG
So who killed the unsullied in the brothel? And why? I was a little confused by that scene.
The Debt
quote:
So who killed the unsullied in the brothel? And why? I was a little confused by that scene.

The dudes in the masks are called Sons of the Harpy. If you recall the opening scene with that unsullied, Dany has the unsullied tear down a golden statue from atop the large pyramid. The Harpy is the symbol of mereen. So this insurgent group is typically those that want Dany gone: former slavery owners.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Thank you. I was way off in my hypothesis.
khaos288
AG
quote:
So, is everyone in this caught up to episode 4 yet?
LHIOB
AG
quote:
Watching them week-to-week because I don't want to have to wait 3 weeks for E5.
Squirrel Master
AG
I think you should definitely assume that most people on the thread will only see them as they air and not watch the leaked eps.
Quinn
AG
No
chipotle
quote:
I will say this. I felt like nothing has happened, and the season is halfway over. Oh, wait, there is that one thing that will make book readers cringe. But nothing to much really. Just cringe worthy.
I'm in the same boat as well.
LawAg05
AG
quote:
quote:

howitzercannon
AG
sucks right? It was so worth it though. Spent the entire Sunday watching the episodes.
Squirrel Master
AG
How many episodes this season?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can we take the discussion of any episodes beyond the first one to a different thread please?
Quinn
AG
quote:
Can we take the discussion of any episodes beyond the first one to a different thread please?

This.
howitzercannon
AG
i'm pretty sure 10 like the last 4 seasons.
Stive
AG
quote:
quote:

No.

Don't be an ***hole. This thread is for show watchers and technically the episodes haven't been released to the public yet. Most of us haven't watched (or attempted to watch) all of the other stuff online. So keep the discussion to the show as it airs or start another thread like was suggested.
Stive
AG
Fair enough.

***hole status confirmed.
Stive
AG
Nah....because someone politely asked you not to spoil the thread and you told THEM no.

So either don't be a troll who mucks up the thread, or don't be a dick and ruin the anticipation of a show that people enjoy watching.

twenty two ags
the opinion you posted about the 4 episodes - while you may not consider it a spoiler is absolutely a spoiler, and that's why it was deleted. you asked if people here had watched the leaked episodes, several people replied that this thread was only about episodes that have aired (and several more people voted for those posts) - please respect those "rules" of this thread.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Finally got around to watching the premier. This thread and its discussion has been more interesting than the episode.
TexasAggie008
AG
Not sure if anyone listens to Bob & Dan's GOT talk on the Ticket, but Jake's thoughts on the red lady I completely agree with......annoying as f how they play the same music every time she is on screen, and pretty much every time she goes on a non sensical diatrade about "the lord of light". Pretty funny hearing how someone else describes it though.
Counterpoint
AG
(Almost) everyone (or every family) has their own theme music though. Dany definitely does. Jon Snow & Ygritte did. There was a Winterfell theme as well. The White Walkers even have their own!

Duncan Idaho
So I guess there was another jackass on this thread like the one from last year?

The "I am not going to give any book spoilers but he is called the viper and if you noticed his blade was being rubbed down and someone on page 10 of this thread made a prediction that will be proven correct. But I am not going to post any spoilers" ass
redline248
AG
New Daario, old Daario...either way...fck Daario.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.