***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,187 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
AggieDPT
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
If Jon Snow is gone, who is supposed to carry the Wall? This is a character driven show, and there literally isn't anyone worth caring about at the Wall. If the show is just going to kill off, blind, or rape the only people worth rooting for, it's not a great show.

It's all being set up to make the White Walkers the good guys.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Melisandre saves him. She knows he has royal blood. She'll pull some magic out of her poontang.
InternetFan02
AG
quote:
If Jon Snow is gone, who is supposed to carry the Wall? This is a character driven show, and there literally isn't anyone worth caring about at the Wall. If the show is just going to kill off, blind, or rape the only people worth rooting for, it's not a great show.

- I assume Sansa, Theon and Brienne will head for the wall. And I assume Bran will be involved in the North.

-Jon Snow made horrible decisions that led to his own death, much like his brother and father. But it's been 5 seasons with him now so I assume he'll be resurrected by Melisandre - she abandoned stannis and needs to choose a new savior.
mattvswild
AG
So to recap...
- The Lannisters are down a daughter.
- Arya is a newly blinded stone cold killer.
- Stannis is likely dead.
- Brianne proves yet again she can't be trusted when the rubber meets the road. Honestly. She had one job. One ******* job.
- Reek and Sansa jumped off a castle wall. I assume they lived, but knowing GRRM we'll start season 6 learning they landed on a spiked fence and died. Hopefully they were still holding hands.
- We've got two new buddy dramas set to hit the small screen next season: Dario and J-Bear hunt for Danny while Varys and Tyrion play Sim City in Mereen.
- Meanwhile, Danny manages to walk forever far in no time to do God knows what when lo and behold the Dothraki return. Oh boy. I hope there's another wedding.
- Cersei got a stylish new do at the hottest new salon in King's Landing, just in time to show off her hot slim figure on the long walk home (thanks Sparrow diet!).
- Jon Snow appears to be dead.

And now our season 5 watch has ended. Sigh.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Someone needs to cave Brienne's head in. She is as worthless as tits on a wildling boarhog.
snowdog90
Wow. Seriously wtf.

1. Why would the Night's Watch kill Jon AFTER they let all the wildlings past the wall. The wildlings owe their lives to Jon Snow and will surely want to avenge him. And now there's no wall between them and the Watch.

2.. Why set up the "candle in the tower" storyline if Brienne was never going to see it? Just wasted storyline.

3. Why create the plotline that royal blood sacrifice means victory for Stannis and the Lord of Light, then provide no reason for its total failure at Winterfell?

4. We see the poison affect the Lannister girl while the ship is probably 10 minutes from shore. Surely the ship tirns around and comes back. Why not show that in this episode?

5. Why would Reek be there with the crazy chick threatening Sansa. She would not have had him there. She has had several encounters with Sansa, never with Reek, except when she revealed Reek to Sansa in the kennel.

6. At some point, there has to be a point in all this madness. Someone that the audience cares about has to make a difference or what are we watching? There's not many characters left that I give a **** about. While the death of Ned Stark showed that nobody is safe, countless deaths of great characters have now left me a little numb, almost to the point of another poster who said screw it, just hurry up and show the white walkers killing everyone and be done with it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
On 1), the deaths they took fetching the wildlings is what sent it from very unpopular to mutiny

On 2), so many had failed Sansa. One more doing so was the point, with the curveball that it leads to theon finally standing up.

On 3), it coukd just be that the fire tea leaves have been read incorrectly. It did have a point in that it led to the mutiny vs stannis.

On myrcella, they already had enough **** to cram into this elisode. Following a turnback wasnt necessary.

On 6), i'm just not ready to buy that Snow is done. Milesandre going back to the wall is just too convenient. She'll probably set Olly's twig and berries on fire and Jon will be dancing the wildling waltz in no time. But if he is dead, well, then what's new when it comes to this show? The story will move forward.
aggiebonzo
AG
I'll just leave this here...

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14/game-thrones-jon-dies-interview
Goldie Wilson
quote:

- We've got two new buddy dramas set to hit the small screen next season: Dario and J-Bear hunt for Danny while Varys and Tyrion play Sim City in Mereen.

Zombie Mountain + Vengeance Tommen could have potential. Hopefully Bron will find a new tag partner. Theon and Sansa could be a comedy of errors.
merc
AG
Meh. That's what he had to say.
Rudyjax
AG
Wtf
Twice an Aggie
AG
And another place says he is in Belfast with the crew. What is he going to say? I am coming back...and spoil next season?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Wow. Seriously wtf.

1. Why would the Night's Watch kill Jon AFTER they let all the wildlings past the wall. The wildlings owe their lives to Jon Snow and will surely want to avenge him. And now there's no wall between them and the Watch.

2.. Why set up the "candle in the tower" storyline if Brienne was never going to see it? Just wasted storyline.

3. Why create the plotline that royal blood sacrifice means victory for Stannis and the Lord of Light, then provide no reason for its total failure at Winterfell?

4. We see the poison affect the Lannister girl while the ship is probably 10 minutes from shore. Surely the ship tirns around and comes back. Why not show that in this episode?

5. Why would Reek be there with the crazy chick threatening Sansa. She would not have had him there. She has had several encounters with Sansa, never with Reek, except when she revealed Reek to Sansa in the kennel.

6. At some point, there has to be a point in all this madness. Someone that the audience cares about has to make a difference or what are we watching? There's not many characters left that I give a **** about. While the death of Ned Stark showed that nobody is safe, countless deaths of great characters have now left me a little numb, almost to the point of another poster who said screw it, just hurry up and show the white walkers killing everyone and be done with it.

just speculation, but other reasons/theories are possible

1. not like they had time or opportunity really before...he had protection for a while..and was busy and/or off doing things....until now when he was alone, unguarded, etc.

2. Maybe Pod saw it, we don't know. He wasn't with Brienne at Stannis killing that I saw

3. Melisandre has read the signs wrong before, maybe it's that simple.

4. Why would they...they were not well armed (no pun intended, but Jaime with one hand doesn;t help)....I don't think they sent them off with weapons. What are they gonna do exactly?

5. Maybe Ramsay left her in control of Reek when he left....he would have obeyed that I think...until Sansa was threatened by her...it wasn;t Ramsay he killed...he just reacted.

6. not really a point to counter here....although i would argue a lot of good characters are left...maybe you've just been rooting for the wrong ones. my favorites are still alive. and my prediction of the series end result is still entirely possible...and it's not the WW winning in the end.
aggiebonzo
AG
I guess you're right. Jon Snow does know nothing.
Objective Aggie
AG
Wasn't the decision to team with the WhiteWalkers kind of validated? I mean, anyone who saw the battle (surely they have retold the story???) finally understands the sheer power of what is the greatest threat Westeros has. Jon Snow's decision was absolutely correct. Timing was unfortunate. But wouldn't the Wildlings be scared straight? Wouldn't they be blessing kings and taking knees to get the hell out of the north? Wouldn't the Night's Watch be saying"holy cow, we may need these guys on our side. At a minimum, at least we aren't wasting time fighting with these guys so we can focus on the real enemy?"

Why kill him there? It makes little sense. They should have sank his boat when he left for Hardhome - - not waited for when he returned with more Wildlings.
AgLaw02
AG
quote:
At some point, there has to be a point in all this madness. Someone that the audience cares about has to make a difference or what are we watching? There's not many characters left that I give a **** about. While the death of Ned Stark showed that nobody is safe, countless deaths of great characters have now left me a little numb, almost to the point of another poster who said screw it, just hurry up and show the white walkers killing everyone and be done with it.
You've been watching the show for 5 years. What makes you think it's going to change now?
TCTTS
AG
There's not a chance in hell Jon Snow is off this show for good...

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/06/jon-snow-dead-game-of-thrones-azor-ahai-melisandre-warg
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If Jon is coming back, he obviously can't say it. The article tells us nothing.
Goldie Wilson
You know nothing, Vanity Fair
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MW03
AG
I'm glad Ollie's potato farming mom and dad got worked.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Sentinel
AG
Foreshadow.
Duncan Idaho
I am not sure if the people saying reek and Sansa didn't kill themselves are for real or not.

They be dead. Dead dead dead
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I am not sure if the people saying reek and Sansa didn't kill themselves are for real or not.

They be dead. Dead dead dead

There's NO WAY they're dead. They wouldn't have Reek save her only to have them both commit suicide 30 seconds later in the most unceremonious beat possible. Also, the show isn't going to focus solely on Ramsay in that storyline going forward. He's too horrible of a character to not have another character we empathize with tied to him in some way.
Duncan Idaho
They went out on their own terms
dave94
AG
One thing that hasn't been mentioned was the outstanding Drogon animation. Top notch.
D`Funkaladu`
AG
Disclaimer: This is speculation only. I have not read the books, I don't have any inside knowledge and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I've read most of this thread and a couple TV series based Wikis.

Jon Snow may be dead. But Jon of House XYZ may be reborn in season 6. It's too much of a coincidence that Melisandre shows up at Castle Black the day of the mutiny. Maybe she abandoned Stannis to save her own skin, maybe she realized he wasn't the chosen one as soon as half his men became deserters and saw Jon as the one she should be protecting. She'll use the blood coming from his body to bring him back, proving his true lineage. I have to believe this heading into the long break between seasons.

I also don't think Cersei confessed and went through that walk of shame only to see Tommen again. She planned to use her name/influence/gold to follow through on her promise to kill the guards that kept her imprisoned. The fact that the Mountain is back only makes her vengeance easier. This should be a hilariously violent story line next season. Prison may change some people, but I just can't get behind a broken Cersei suddenly becoming a decent human being.
cuppycup
AG
Are the show and books truly caught up now? Can I go read the book thread without fear of ruining a storyline?
Wes97
AG
The show is caught up, or in a lot of cases past, the story timeline of the books. Although as always, some things happened in the books that did not happen in the show and vice versa. But on the general main plot points, they are now at the same point.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Are the show and books truly caught up now? Can I go read the book thread without fear of ruining a storyline?
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
D`Funkaladu`
AG
I just bought the books to read between seasons and before the sixth book comes out. Hopefully I can get through all 5216 pages.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
quote:
The show has completely caught up to the books, however, there are some chapters available to read from the 6th book, but those chapters won't happen in the show due to some significant changes between the show and the books. I'd say you are free to go read through it, but there is much in there that you might not understand or feel that it is a spoiler due to how much the show has changed in order to adapt the story to the screen. There were a few moments this season where the show was actually spoiling things for us book-readers.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Actually, scratch that. There is at least 1 storyline that still might be slightly spoiled by book information.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cr0wbar
AG
I didn't see this posted- but what is that zombie/golden brute in King's Landing now? I knew that dude was into some dark magic. I forget he was even doing all this- you guys remember any of that backstory?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.